The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Would you by any chance have a picture of this set please. I do not ever remember seeing them. Thanks so much.
I have to confess that I'm not particularly taken by this suite. I don't find it very attractive at all. Though the brooch is quite lovely.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...phiresuite.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Courtier

Hmmmm I must agree. It is rather boring compared to some of the other ones isn't it. Thank you so much for taking the time to find and post the picture.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

You're most welcome, sweetheart...
It always seems (to my eyes) unpolished (though I'm sure it is), and the design is rather insipid. The brooch though looks quite lovely, infact, it's the nicest part of the suite.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

The brooch is lovely and I like the earrings as well. But the necklace seems to lack lustre, especially the diamonds between the sapphire elements. Those surrounding the sapphires appear somewhat brighter. At least the sapphires are not as small as the rubies in the ruby parure. I am always a bit disappointed that especially in the necklace there are combinations of smaller rubies instead of glorious big ones.
I assume that for the official portrait it also was of importance that CP Mary wore jewels that are associated with her. So the sapphire set wouldn’t have done, even if there were a matching tiara.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Courtier

The diamonds almost appear to be brown. Maybe Mary will rework this and turn the necklace into a tiara/necklace and make the beautiful brooch into a necklace/enhancer. I cannot believe someone like me could ever make a comment about something so beautiful. Like I even have a clue about the quality of something so beautiful.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Commoner

If i'm not mistaken Mary has used the earrings in three ways. The big version as in her pre wedding gala and latest official picture, a smaller version and the smallest in joachim's wedding.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If i'm not mistaken Mary has used the earrings in three ways.
The earrings have only been altered in two ways, as I think they're the only alterations that can be made. The chandelier drops are detatchable.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...essede/CPM.jpg

Old 03-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Well, dear members, pardon me while I wax wrathful. Princess Mary is drop dead, pant, slurp drool GORGEOUS. The ruby parure is one of the most magnificent contraptions on the planet and NO her dress does not look cheap. The whole thing is just simply wonderful. And NO AGAIN. It is not overdone. I just wish she would have worn the brooch, but with the Order of the Elephant, I guess there was just not enough room. I personally would have gotten another dress of some sort and put that goodie somewhere. I would have even wrapped the O of the E around my waist and let it dangle and had the brooch planted somewhere on the bosom above it. My ideal of course, apart from Queen Mary of Blessed and Happy Memory, are all those Indian maharajas. They had no false modesty. They had hunks, and in some rare cases were hunks, and they flaunted like nobody's business. And you people nitpick about some demure Danish Princess. Now really!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Commoner

this is the third way the earrings were worn:

http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php...d_122_64lo.jpg
Old 03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Isn't that a picture from the New Year's reception? I thought that Mary wore the smaller version of the earrings for that event. I think that this pic is from the same group as the one that Madame Royale posted. Well, now I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
...My ideal of course, apart from Queen Mary of Blessed and Happy Memory, are all those Indian maharajas. They had no false modesty. They had hunks, and in some rare cases were hunks, and they flaunted like nobody's business. And you people nitpick about some demure Danish Princess. Now really!!!
I agree! Go big or go home!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The earrings have only been altered in two ways, as I think they're the only alterations that can be made. The chandelier drops are detatchable.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...essede/CPM.jpg
thank you so much, i love the photo, does not change the center geme too, soemtimes is a ruby and sometimes like aquamarine?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrie View Post
this is the third way the earrings were worn:

http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php...d_122_64lo.jpg
This had to be photoshopeped by someone. This was at the New Years Court on 01.01.2009. Here you cann see plenty of pics from that occasion and the pendant at the earrins is not there.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Courtier

This is a photomontage with one of the teardrops in the earrings. Princess Mary has only worn it two ways.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
and NO her dress does not look cheap.
Each to their own. I know I wouldn't be bringing it out for her to wear again. I think two occasions and two portraits is quite sufficient. Let it now be stored in the far far FAR back corner of her wardrobe!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Re: Brooch(stomacher) from Queen Ingrid Ruby Parure.

Was the ruby brooch(stomacher)from the Queen Ingrid Ruby parure last worn for the December 2004 Australian Vogue photoshoot with the purple dress or has it been seen after that photoshoot?

Does anyone know the origin of the rubies, their cut and the jeweller that designed the ruby parure?

Cheers and Thank you,

EaO.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Nobility

I think that Mary wore it for Joachim and Marie's wedding. It was pinned to her sash.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2z73p78.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/331ddo1.jpg

She may have worn it before then, but I'm not sure.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness

I agree, she is just beautiful, dress looks wonderful and glad she wore all the jewels.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She also wore it to a concert in October 2007 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/d9d8e24e.jpg danish royal watchers

Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
The diamonds almost appear to be brown.
I think that's the result of using yellow gold in the necklace, rather than white gold or platinum. Diamonds are clear gemstones for the most part, and pick up color from the settings.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Billed-Bladet - Marys New York-look aquamarine and diamond earrings

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, denmark, jewellery