Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a picture of that ring Rubies? If so, what number in the Billed-Bladet gallery?

Re: CPss Mary's rings.

I love CPss Mary's emerald rings. Does anyone know the jeweller that designed those rings? Has anyone found rings that are like those two emerald rings?

Also, does anyone know the jeweller who designed the necklace with the gold tassels at the end that CPss Mary wore to the 2002 wedding of Baron and Baroness Helle Thott-Reedtz or has anyone found a necklace that looks like that particular one?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
EaO.

No one knows the designer of the green rings. The round ring with Diamonds she often wears with them are by Marianne Dulong. Many Mary watchers think that the emerald ones were a family members, possibley her mothers as they have an old look and design.

The tassle I cannot remember but it could have been Dulong as well. Someone else may know for certain.

Yes, I love her rings. They didn't even come close to putting all the ones I have seen her in. Also, many of the photos are not that great.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Danish TV program "Go morgen Danmark", the tiara that Crown Princess Mary borrowed for Prince Henrik's birthday gala dinner, cost Dkk 1.5 Million. CP Mary saw the tiara at the "Tiara" exhibit at Amalienborg Palace. The tiara was only a loan.
TV 2 Programmer

Of course it is a loan , Mary has only ONE tiara her weddingstiara , a brand new tiara which was a gift from the Queen and Princess Henrik.

I'm quite disappointed we won't see the Tiara on Mary anymore. :ermm:

I really liked it on Mary.
It's a very special piece with all the brilliants in it. I loved the details.

Of course it is a loan , Mary has only ONE tiara her weddingstiara , a brand new tiara which was a gift from the Queen and Princess Henrik.
I suppose you mean that she only owns one tiara personally? Well then, yes of course, that is true. :) She also has use of the ruby and diamond tiara which is part of a complete parure (tiara, earrings, necklace, bracelet and brooch) owned by her husband CP Frederik.:flowers: She is the only one who can wear this jewelry set as she is the Crown Princess of Denmark. At least she owns her wedding tiara. Her sister-in-law Princess Marie has to make do with a loan.;)
I would hope that by CP Mary wearing this modern tiara that it attracted more people to see the "Tiara" exhibit at Amalienborg Palace.

Me too:argh: I really had hoped....

According to the clip, the maker of the tiara have decided not to sell it but keep it - allegedly because it has been worn by a royal.

Now would be a good time for Mærsk-McKinney Møller to show his apprecation of the royal family and dig deep into his pockets.....:whistling:

Excellent idea UserDane!!!! I hope since the designer has chosen not to sell the tiara as it has been worn by CP Mary, that the Crown Princess may be able to borrow it in the future!:flowers: Still...it would be even better if it became hers personally!:whistling::lol:

I too would like to see him find it in his heart to loan it to CP Mary on a more long term basis.....at least until she's queen.

Beautiful pictures, Turkish Delight! The first photo is just wonderful - I love the headband, it really gives Mary charm... :flowers:

I like the simplicity of the jewellry. The headband she wore in her hair was also very beautiful. :flowers:

The headpiece is costume jewel, isn't it? Or is it a brooch attached?!

Wow, nice big earrings. I like the dress she's wearing them with too.

Well, I couldn't afford them;) but yeah they're not out of most people's range like some royal jewels.

Well, I couldn't afford them;) but yeah they're not out of most people's range like some royal jewels.
yes, you areight, may be 100 us dollars is not for evrybody to spend in a pair of custom jewellery but this is the closest that we can get to get some royal jewellery becasue defentely the other is impossible!

Mary buy's what she likes, I buy what I like, and you acquire what you like. It's all relative, imo...:)

I purchase champagne twice (if not three times on occasion) the cost of Mary's earrings, so I think US$100 is perfectly reasonable for quality costume jewellery. At least she has something to show, whereas I have an empty bottle (but I wouldn't change it for the world..hehe).

I think US$100 is perfectly reasonable for quality costume jewellery.

100 US$ is about 520 DKK. That is very cheap for quality costume jewellery.

I do think whether one think the earring are expensive or not, depends on where you live. In Denmark almost everything is about three times as expensive then in the US. Compaired to the quality costume jewellery you can buy in Denmark, the earings are cheap and they are affordable for most Danes - AND they can be purchased online :).

(I just checked the price on the webside of Amrita Singh Jewelry. Now the price is 150 US dollars. That is about 780 DKK. But in Denmark this is still cheap for that kind of jewellery and it is still affordable for most Danes. Actually it is cheaper then a regular quality pair of shoes).

But Madame Royale, either champagne is a lot cheaper in Denmark then it is in Australia - or you have got an extreamly expensive taste when it comes to this enchanting liquid :).

my oodness! 3 times more!!!! i always wanted to go back to live in denmark, i didn't think it was so much!!!! mind you i know you pay a private school for around 150 dollars a month here is 1800 dollars a month! anyway i love the ear rings! and i thought to purchase them online, but what about if when i try them i do not like who they look on me! i amnot tall as mary but thin as her! we love what she use but it doe not mean i will fit us properly as her!

The prices might be high but so are the wages ;) and some things are very cheap like private schools. Studying at a University is free. Instead of the students paying fee - the state is paying the students to study.

So, you can still come back to Denmark, Ashelen. And you will be most welcomed :flowers:.
Regarding CP Mary's earrings, I am tempted to buy a set as weel...............

thank you! tusind tak!I have to polish my danish! yes, this ear rings are beautidul i wonder how would look on us!??? really from al the CPs she, Mary, is the one that i like the most how she dress, may be frrom Maxima i would like her many tiaras!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom