The Grimaldi Ancestors

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rainier´s mother, princess Charlotte

Hello to everybody, I would like to know what kind of relationship was there between Rainier´s mother and princess Grace. I have never seen any picture of them together, except the ones at the wedding.

Does anybody know if Charlotte´s funneral was celebrated in Monaco? I have never seen any picture of that event.

I would also like to know if Caro, Albert and Steph used to spend time with their granmother. I have heard that Caro looks a lot like her granmother, and she even put her name to her first daughter, so I suppose that she really appreciated her.

Zonk1189 said:
...but lest we forget that the House of Grimaldi only recently exsists because Albert's great grandmother was legitimized so she can claim the throne or at least provide heirs. Wasn't she the illegitimate daugher of Louis II? And that for all intents and purposes, Grace was the daugher of a brick layer. A wealthy one..but a bricklayer nonetheless.
Albert's great grandmother was not born illegitimate. Her father Louis II was married to her mother but without the consent of Albert I.

Actually..I think she was born illegitmate...but when they married..it legitmized her birth. The same thing happen when Stephanie married Daniel Drucet (her children were legitimized) and it would happen to Camile, if Stephanie married her father.

The following is from wikipedia (and yes, I recognize that some of the information from Wikipedia is inaccurate....but not this).

Born Charlotte Louvet in Constantine, Algeria, she was the illegitimate daughter of Marie Juliette Louvet, a cabaret singer, and Prince Louis II. On the death of Prince Louis II, theretofore without a legitimate heir, the throne of Monaco was due to pass to the German Duke of Urach, Louis II's cousin, a son of Princess Florestine of Monaco; to forestall this event, on 15 May 1911 a law was passed recognizing Charlotte as Louis's daughter, and making her a member of the sovereign family. Though it was later held to be invalid under the 1882 statutes, an Ordinance of 30 October 1918 allowed her to be adopted. Louis adopted Charlotte in Paris on 16 May 1919, bestowing on her the surname Grimaldi and the title Duchess of Valentinois; she was thus his heir apparent as Hereditary Princess from 1922 until 30 May 1944

Donna said:
Albert's great grandmother was not born illegitimate. Her father Louis II was married to her mother but without the consent of Albert I.

Okay here I'd like to quote Christian de Massy, Princess Antoinette's son. He wrote a book back in the 80s, I only have the german version but here is the google translation:

...Their illegitime daughter Carlotte was born in 1898 in Constantine, in the southeast of Algeria. 21 years later, 1919, Charlotte was adopted officially by her father; with it Louis secured the continuity for the dynasty...

And about the possible marriage I have another quote from this book: Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairy Tale of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier (Mass Market Paperback)
by J. Randy Taraborrelli:

....In Monaco a lot of people believe that Louis and Juliette were married, but historical purists insists on the fact that that does not correspond to the truth....

On other forum someone posted links to phtocopies of newspapers from the beginning of 20th century, it was New York Times from early 1900. There were articles about conflict between Juliett and Louis II about theri daughter Charlotte. In those articles they refer to Julliette as Louis' wife of morganistic marriage, they write about catholic wedding and marriage never approved by Albert I. If articles from that times when all parties involved lived write about marriage soit has to be true, I guess.

Lakshmi said:
If articles from that times when all parties involved lived write about marriage soit has to be true, I guess.
Not even today all articles tell the truth....

And Christian de Massy is part of the family (we're talking about his grandmother), and I really hope that he knows the history of his family. If not, that would be pretty strange to me.....:wacko:

Glistening Seas said:
:) hey everyone omg what fabulous pics these couple of days is PA related to the Duke of Edimburgh. however the pics inside all lit up are beautiful. PA is without a doubt a most versatile person when it comes to a full range of things he knows how to do. i don't know about any one else on this sight but dolphins are some of my fav creatures. :ROFLMAO:
Albert is a descendant of the Stewarts as the Windors. Douglas-Hamilton Clan and were heirs to the Scottish Throne at times.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Albert is a descendant of the Stewarts as the Windors. Douglas-Hamilton Clan and were heirs to the Scottish Throne at times.

Forgive me for getting off topic for a moment but my daughter did Locks gift. It took her three years to grow her hair long enough and she did a wonderful job and it was straight from the heart. she sent them 14" for a wig.

Now back on topic. How did you find out they were heirs to the Scottish THrone? It sounds very interesting and I'd love to read more.

LadyMacAlpine said:

In a recent interview PA mentioned having Mexican ancestors, however he didn't tell more about them. Is there anyone here who knows more about those Mexican ancestors of the Grimaldi family? Thanks!:flowers:

Glistening Seas said:
:) ... is PA related to the Duke of Edimburgh.

Hi Glistening Seas,

If you visit Daniel de Rauglaudre's database & use the relationship computing function, you'll see a total of 1,814 relationship links between Albert Grimaldi & Philip Mountbatten. A link to Daniel's site: http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=en The results are fascinating! Here are two relationship links computed from Daniel's site:

Image1.jpg

Relationship Link #2
Image2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tosca said:
In a recent interview PA mentioned having Mexican ancestors, however he didn't tell more about them. Is there anyone here who knows more about those Mexican ancestors of the Grimaldi family? Thanks!:flowers:

Hi Tosca,

A Mexican ancestor on PA's tree is his great-grandmother, Suzanne de La Torre y Mier, who was born 2 September 1858 in Mexico and died 15 August 1913 in Gironde. Suzanne was the wife of Maxence Melchoir, comte de Polignac. Suzanne's parents were Isidoro Fernando de la Torre and Luisa de Mier y Celis. Both of Suzanne's parents were born in Spain.:flowers:

hibou said:
Forgive me for getting off topic for a moment but my daughter did Locks gift. It took her three years to grow her hair long enough and she did a wonderful job and it was straight from the heart. she sent them 14" for a wig.

Now back on topic. How did you find out they were heirs to the Scottish THrone? It sounds very interesting and I'd love to read more.
It's in the Hamilton Clan information.

Good for her more people need to help.:flowers:

hibou said:

Prince Albert's ties to Scotland go waaaay back. Through his father's line, he is a descendant of Domangart I of Scotland, King of Kintyre (†506) and 16 subsequent Scottish kings.

I believe Prince Albert shares ancestors with every current royal family in Europe. If you have royal or noble ancestors in your family tree, you may be related to Prince Albert as well. By virtue of my own ancestry, I share many relationship ties with Prince Albert.:king:

Last edited:
kirstengrafin said:
Hi Tosca,

A Mexican ancestor on PA's tree is his great-grandmother, Suzanne de La Torre y Mier, who was born 2 September 1858 in Mexico and died 15 August 1913 in Gironde. Suzanne was the wife of Maxence Melchoir, comte de Polignac. Suzanne's parents were Isidoro Fernando de la Torre and Luisa de Mier y Celis. Both of Suzanne's parents were born in Spain.:flowers:

Thank you so much for the info, Kirstengrafin!:flowers:

Hi everyone,
Recently I went with my family to my father's birthplace in south-west Emilia Romana in Italy, near Tuscany and Lugano. The small town is called Compiano, near Bedona (just incase anyone knows where that is). In that town there is a castle that used to be the seat of a small state of the Landi family. This family is said to be the ancestors of the Grimaldis in Monaco, and they have even visited. The furthest I can find back is Maria Landi of Compiano, Princess of the Holy Roman empire. Would anyone know about this family from before 1599? Also, what happened to the family and are there any descendents still alive?

Castello di Compiano

Thanks

Prince Albert's 2003 visit to Italian ancestral castle

Long Island said:
there is a castle that used to be the seat of... the Landi family. This family is said to be the ancestors of the Grimaldis in Monaco, and they have even visited.
Castello di Compiano
A story within this link concerns the 2003 visit of Prince Albert to the town and castle.
Click on the heading 'Il castello e il principato di Monaco' within Castello di Compiano.
(The site has Italian, English and German language options.)

In the Italian Noble and Princely Families thread Tosca has provided a link to a photo gallery of Prince Albert's 2003 visit to the ancestral castle:
Il Principe Alberto di Monaco in visita a Compiano

Thanks to Long Island and Tosca. :)

tbhrc said:
Here are 2 nice pics of Princess Ghislaine:

Pic 1 Pic 2

Great pics tbhrc! I especially love the first one with Princess Grace and Prince Rainier. How stylish Princess Grace was! And you can even see a young Prince Albert in the background.

Rainier III's Mother Charlotte of Valentinois

Any thread or Topic on Duchess Charlotte of Valentinois, the mother of Prince Rainier III ?

I like to see infos and pics on this 1920s famous beauty and more know her, please.

Thanks in advance.

I just finished 'Grace' by Robert Lacey. Apparently Charlotte was the illegitimate daughter of Prince Louis and a washerwoman's daughter when Prince Louis was station in Algiers(?). I don't think Prince Louis married or had other heirs and so Charlotte was made legit. She married Prince Pierre de Polignac who changed his name to Grimaldi. I think it might have been an arranged marriage because it certainly was an unhappy one. The two wound up in a ugly quarrel during Ranier and Grace's wedding festivities over the some missing jewels, and Charlotte's chauffer/companion at the time was a known jewel thief. Charlotte disliked Grace immensely, thinking Ranier had married beneath him, and never returned to Monaco after their wedding. I don't think she ever inherited the throne though, I think it passed from her father to her son (grandfather to grandson).

I just finished 'Grace' by Robert Lacey. Apparently Charlotte was the illegitimate daughter of Prince Louis and a washerwoman's daughter when Prince Louis was station in Algiers(?). I don't think Prince Louis married or had other heirs and so Charlotte was made legit. She married Prince Pierre de Polignac who changed his name to Grimaldi. I think it might have been an arranged marriage because it certainly was an unhappy one. The two wound up in a ugly quarrel during Ranier and Grace's wedding festivities over the some missing jewels, and Charlotte's chauffer/companion at the time was a known jewel thief. Charlotte disliked Grace immensely, thinking Ranier had married beneath him, and never returned to Monaco after their wedding. I don't think she ever inherited the throne though, I think it passed from her father to her son (grandfather to grandson).

She did inherit the throne but waived her rights to it in favor of Rainier. Prince Louis had a morganatic (sp) with Charlotte's Mother and was prevented a religious one by his father thus making Charlotte illegitimate so he adopted her in order to have an heir.

Prince Albert's ties to Scotland go waaaay back. Through his father's line, he is a descendant of Domangart I of Scotland, King of Kintyre (†506) and 16 subsequent Scottish kings.

I believe Prince Albert shares ancestors with every current royal family in Europe. If you have royal or noble ancestors in your family tree, you may be related to Prince Albert as well. By virtue of my own ancestry, I share many relationship ties with Prince Albert.:king:
The Scottish lineage is in the next post. A daughter of Robert II married into the Douglas-Hamilton group. I know that his half sister married a Lindsay whose descendant the Duke of Montrose, Lindsay married a Douglas heiress. 1. Adam (B. C. 4000-3070), Eve. 2. Seth (B. C. 3869-2957). 3. Enos (B. C. 3764-2859). 4. Canaan (B. C. 3674-2895). 5. Mahalaleel (B. C. 3604-2709). 6. Jared (B. C. 3539-2577).
7. Enoch (B. C. 3377-3012). 8. Methusaleh (B. C. 3312-2344). 9. Lamech (B. C. 3125-2349). 10. Noah (B. C. 2943-2007), Naamah. 11. Shem (B. C. 2441-1841). 12. Arphaxad (B. C. 2341-1903). 13. Salah (B. C. 2306-1873). 14. Heber (B. C. 2276-1812). 15. Peleg (B. C. 2241-2003). 16. Reu (B. C. 2212-1973). 17. Serug (B. C. 2180-2049). 18. Nahor (B. C. 2050-2002). 19. Terah (B. C. 2221-1992), Amtheta. 20. Abraham (B. C. 1992-1817), Sarah.
21. Isaac (B. C. 1896-1716), Rebekah. 22. Jacob (B. C. 1837-1690), Leah. 23. Judah (b. B. C. 1752), Tamar. 24. Pharez. 25. Hezron. 26. Aram. 27. Aminadab. 28. Naasson. 29. Salmon. 30. Boaz (B. C. 1312), Ruth. 31. Obed. 32. Jesse. [FONT=arial,helvetica]Kings of Israel/Judah [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]33. King David (B. C. 1085-1015), Bathsheba. 34. K. Solomon [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica](B. C. 1033-975), Naamah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]35. K. Rehoboam (b. B. C. 1016, d. 958), Maacah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]36. K. Abijah (B. C. 958-955). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]37. K. Asa (B. C. 955-914), Azubah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]38. K. Jehoshaphat (B. C. 914-889). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]39. K. Jehoram (B. C. 889-885), Athaliah.[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]40. K. Ahaziah (B. C. 906-884), Zibiah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]41. K. Joash (B. C. 885-839), Jehoaddan. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]42. K. Amaziah (b. B. C. 864, d. 810), Jecholiah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]43. K. Uzziah (b. B. C. 826, d. 758), Jerusha. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]44. K. Jotham (b. B. C. 783, d. 742). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]45. K. Ahaz (b. B. C. 787, d. 726), Abi. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]46. K. Hezekiah (b. B. C. 751, d. 698), Hephzibah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]47. K. Manasseh (b. B. C. 710, d. 643), Meshullemeth. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]48. K. Amon (b. B. C. 621, d. 641), Jedidiah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]49. K. Josiah (b. B. C. 649, d. 610), Mamutah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]50. K. Zedekiah (B. C. 599-578). [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Kings of Ireland [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]51. Q. Tea Tephi (b. B. C. 565), marries Eochaidh, a Prince of the scarlet thread, later King Heremon, descended from Zerah. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]52. K. Irial Faidh (reigned 10 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]53. K. Eithriall (reigned 20 years). [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]54. Follain. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]55. K. Tighernmas (reigned 50 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]56. Eanbotha. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]57. Smiorguil. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]58. K. Fiachadh Labhriane (reigned 24 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]59. K. Aongus Ollmuchaidh (reigned 21 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]60. Maoin. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]61. K. Rotheachta (reigned 25 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]62. Dein. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]63. K. Siorna Saoghalach (reigned 21 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]64. Oholla Olchaoin. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]65. K. Giallchadh (reigned 9 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]66. K. Aodhain Glas (reigned 20 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]67. K. Simeon Breac (reigned 7 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]68. K. Muirteadach Bolgrach (reigned 4 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]69. K. Fiachadh Toigrach (reigned 7 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]70. K. Duach Laidhrach (reigned 10 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]71. Eochaidh Buailgllerg. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]72. K. Ugaine More the Great (reigned 30 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]73. K. Cobhthach Coalbreag (reigned 30 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]74. Meilage. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]75. K. Jaran Gleofathach (reigned 7 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]76. K. Coula Cruaidh Cealgach (reigned 25 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]77. K. Oiliolla Caisfhiachach (reigned 28 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]78. K. Eochaidh Foltleathan (reigned 11 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]79. K. Aongns Tuirmheach Teamharch (reigned 30 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]80. K. Eana Aighneach (reigned 28 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]81. Labhra Suire. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]82. Blathucha. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]83. Easamhuin Famhua. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]84. Roighnein Ruadh. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]85. Finlogha. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]86. Fian. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]87. K. Eodchaidh Feidhlioch (reigned 12 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]88. Fineamhuas. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]89. K. Lughaidh Raidhdearg. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]90. K. Criomhthan Niadhnar (reigned 16 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]91. Fearaidhach Fion Feachtnuigh. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]92. K. Fiachadh Fionoluidh (reigned 20 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]93. K. Tuathal Teachtmar (reigned 40 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]94. K. Coun Ceadchathach (reigned 20 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]95. K. Arb Aonflier (reigned 30 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]96. K. Cormae Usada (reigned 40 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]97. K. Caibre Liffeachair (reigned 27 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]98. K. Fiachadh Sreabthuine (reigned 30 years.) [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]99. K. Muireadhach Tireach (reigned 30 years). [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]100. K. Eochaidh Moigmeodhin (reigned 7 years.) [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]101. K. Nail of the Nine Hostages. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]102. Eogan. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]103. K. Murireadhach. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]104. Earca.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

part 2

It wouldn't all fit.

Kings of Argyleshire
[FONT=arial,helvetica]105. King Fergus More[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]106. K. Dongard[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]107. K. Conran[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]108. K. Aidan (d. 604).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]109. K. Eugene IV. (d. 622).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]110. K. Donald IV. (d. 650).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]111. Dongard.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]112. K. Eugene. V. (d. 692).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]113. Findan.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]114. K. Eugene VII. (d. A. D. 721), Spondan.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]115. K. Etfinus (d. A. D. 761), Fergina.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]116. K. Achaius (d. A. D. 819), Fergusia.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]117. K. Alpin (d. A. D. 834).[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Kings of Scotland[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]118. King Kenneth I. (842-858).[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]119. K. Constantin I. (862-876).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]120. K. Donald II. (889-900).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]121. K. Malcolm I. (943-954).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]122. K. Kenneth II. (971-995, d. A. D. 995).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]123. K. Malcolm II. (1005-1034, d. A. D. 1034).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]124. Bethoc, married to Crinan, Mormaer of Atholl and lay abott of Dunkeld.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]125. King Duncan I. (1034-1040, d. A. D. 1040), Sybil.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]126. King Malcolm III. Canmore (A. D. 1058-1093), Margaret of England.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]127. King David I. (1124-1153, d. A. D. 1153), Matilda of Huntingdon.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]128. Prince Henry (d. A. D. 1152), Ada of Surrey.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]129. Earl David of Huntingdon (d. A. D. 1219), Matilda of Chester.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]130. Isobel m. Robert Bruce III.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]131. Robert Bruce IV. m. Isobel of Gloucester.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]132. Robert Bruce V. m. Martha of Carrick.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]133. King Robert I. (The Bruce) (A. D. 1306-1329), Isobel, daughter of Earl of Mar.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]134. Marjorie Bruce m. Walter Stewart III.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]135. K. Robert II. (b. 1317, 1371-1390, d. A. D. 1390), Euphemia of Ross (d. A. D. 1376).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]136. K. Robert III. (b. 1337, 1390-1406, d. A. D. 1406), Arabella Drummond (d. A. D. 1401).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]137. King James I of Scotland (A. D. 1406-1437), (16g grandson of King Alfred The Great) m. Joan Beaufort[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]138. King James II of Scotland m. Mary of Gueldres[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]James the 1st Lord Hamilton married Princess Mary, the daughter of King James II of Scotland 1474[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I don't think Prince Louis married or had other heirs and so Charlotte was made legit. She married Prince Pierre de Polignac who changed his name to Grimaldi. I think it might have been an arranged marriage because it certainly was an unhappy one.
You are correct the marriage was arranged.

She did inherit the throne but waived her rights to it in favor of Rainier. Prince Louis had a morganatic (sp) with Charlotte's Mother and was prevented a religious one by his father thus making Charlotte illegitimate so he adopted her in order to have an heir.

She waived her rights during her father's life time. She never inherited the throne. Rainier was trained by his grandfather to be his heir.

Princess Charlotte did not inherit the throne. She had given up her rights in favor of Rainier well before her father died. Rainier was made Hereditary Prince in 1944 nearly 5 years before the death of his grandfather.

Prince Louis never married Princess Charlotte's mother - ever! Charlotte's mother was Marie Louvet who was the daughter of the laundress of his regiment in Algeria.

Prince Louis acknowledged that Charlotte was his child when she was only 2. She was admitted to the Princely family in 1911. In 1918 the regulations governing succession were changed to allow for adoption and inheritance via adoption. She was adopted by her natural father Prince Louis in 1919.

She married Count Pierre de Polignac. He did not become Prince Pierre until after his marriage to Princess Charlotte.

Prince Louis never married Princess Charlotte's mother - ever! Charlotte's mother was Marie Louvet who was the daughter of the laundress of his regiment in Algeria.

Prince Louis acknowledged that Charlotte was his child when she was only 2. She was admitted to the Princely family in 1911. In 1918 the regulations governing succession were changed to allow for adoption and inheritance via adoption. She was adopted by her natural father Prince Louis in 1919.
Actually if you do research you will find it said they were married, however Albert I wouldn't approve of her. I've been researching it for 9 years and can support hibou's post having read it myself.

Last edited:
I know that Charlotte Casiraghi's third name, Pomeline, is a name of a Grimaldi ancestor. Does anyone know to which Grimaldi Prince this Pomeline was married?

It wouldn't all fit.
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]Kings of Scotland[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][FONT=arial,helvetica]118. King Kenneth I. (842-858).[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]119. K. Constantin I. (862-876).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]120. K. Donald II. (889-900).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]121. K. Malcolm I. (943-954).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]122. K. Kenneth II. (971-995, d. A. D. 995).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]123. K. Malcolm II. (1005-1034, d. A. D. 1034).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]124. Bethoc, married to Crinan, Mormaer of Atholl and lay abott of Dunkeld.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]125. King Duncan I. (1034-1040, d. A. D. 1040), Sybil.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]126. King Malcolm III. Canmore (A. D. 1058-1093), Margaret of England.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]127. King David I. (1124-1153, d. A. D. 1153), Matilda of Huntingdon.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]128. Prince Henry (d. A. D. 1152), Ada of Surrey.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]129. Earl David of Huntingdon (d. A. D. 1219), Matilda of Chester.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]130. Isobel m. Robert Bruce III.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]131. Robert Bruce IV. m. Isobel of Gloucester.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]132. Robert Bruce V. m. Martha of Carrick.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]133. King Robert I. (The Bruce) (A. D. 1306-1329), Isobel, daughter of Earl of Mar.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]134. Marjorie Bruce m. Walter Stewart III.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]135. K. Robert II. (b. 1317, 1371-1390, d. A. D. 1390), Euphemia of Ross (d. A. D. 1376).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]136. K. Robert III. (b. 1337, 1390-1406, d. A. D. 1406), Arabella Drummond (d. A. D. 1401).[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]137. King James I of Scotland (A. D. 1406-1437), (16g grandson of King Alfred The Great) m. Joan Beaufort[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]138. King James II of Scotland m. Mary of Gueldres[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]James the 1st Lord Hamilton married Princess Mary, the daughter of King James II of Scotland 1474[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
This picks up where I left off at the daughter of James II, King of Scotland
139. Mary Stewart, Princess of Scotland married James Hamilton, 1st Earl of Arran, 1475-1529
140. James Hamilton, 2nd Earl of Arran, 1515-1574/75
141. John Hamilton, 1st Marquess of Hamilton 1535-1604
142. Sir James Hamilton, 2nd Marquess of Hamilton 1589-1624/25
143. Anne Hamilton, 3rd Duchess of Hamilton 1631/32-1716 married Sir William Douglas-Hamilton, 1st Earl of Selkirk
144. Lt.-Gen. Sir James Hamilton, 4th Duke of Hamilton
145. Sir James Hamilton, 5th Duke of Hamilton, b. 5 January 1702/03, d. 2 March 1742/43
146. Archibald Hamilton, 9th Duke of Hamilton, b. 15 July 1780, d. 16 February 1819
147. Sir Alexander Hamilton, 10th Duke of Hamilton, b. 3 October 1767, d. 18 August 1852
148. William Alexander Anthony Archibald Hamilton, 11th Duke of Hamilton, b. 19 February 1811, d. 15 July 1863
149. Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton b. 11 December 1850, d. 14 May 1922
150. Louis II b. 12 July 1879, d. 9 May 1949
151. Charlotte b. 30 September 1898, d. 15 November 1977
152. Rainier II b. 31 May 1923, d. 6 April 2005
153. Albert II b. 14 March 1958

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom