Royal Family of Montenegro

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
MontenegroArms1.jpg

Montenegro Royal Arms

  

A woman is reflected in a shop window displaying the Montenegrin coat-of-arms and a portrait of the late King Petar Petrovic Njegos, in downtown Podgorica, Friday, May 19, 2006. The heir of Montenegro's dethroned monarchy Crown Prince Nikola II Petrovic Njegos, who has lived in self-imposed exile in France for most of his life, voiced fear of possible 'trouble' after Sunday's vote that will decide whether the home of his grandfather, King Nikola I Petrovic, will regain the independence it lost in 1918, or continue its union with much-larger Serbia.

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 3,219
Last edited by a moderator:
now that the countries are going to split, how is going to be declared the monarchy?

I think the Montenegro's independence could bode well for the return of the monarchy. The country has only some 650,000 citizens and creating a public relations campaign to restore the monarchy now would be ideal. Let the peoples enthusiasm for independence carry over to Crown Prince Nicholas II

I am so happy that my country is finally free. After all these years we are finally free and I hope that we will finally be able to live in true peace. I dont know if the monarchy will come back. There is great nostalgia for the way things were and the old montenegrin state so know would be the best time to start a campaign to bring the monarchy back. The country is truely beautiful and sometimes it seems like its straight out of a fairytale and I think the monarchy would add to that image. It would be nice to see another small monarchy join the successful Luxembourg, Belgium and other small monarchies. I am so happy right now, I have the flag hanging outside my apartment building.

For Princejohnny

Sydney Morning Herald/AFP/Dimitar Dilkoff 23.5.2006
Flag of the Kingdom of Montenegro

"Supporters of Montenegrin independence celebrate in Podgorica on Sunday night"

15ce6f57.jpg

Last edited:
lord_rankin said:
I think the Montenegro's independence could bode well for the return of the monarchy. The country has only some 650,000 citizens and creating a public relations campaign to restore the monarchy now would be ideal. Let the peoples enthusiasm for independence carry over to Crown Prince Nicholas II

The prince recently established the Petrovitch Njegos Foundation in Montenegro to be involved with "humanitarian and charitable projects." Nikola also has established the Foundation of the Order of Danilo I, which according to its website is supposed to support the Petrovitch Foundation in its charitable activities.

Source: http://www.orderofdanilo.org/en/index.htm

Montenegro's Prince Backs Independence

By DUSAN STOJANOVIC, Associated Press Writer

The heir to Montenegro's defunct throne is an architect and motorbike rider who lives 800 miles away in Paris. Now he's back to vote yes to his tiny Balkan country's independence from Serbia.

However, Crown Prince Nikola II Petrovic Njegos, who has lived in self-imposed exile for most of his life, worries about "trouble" after Sunday's referendum.

Source: Associated Press; http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1103AP_Montenegros_Prince.html

Last edited:
Montenegro's prince backs independence
PODGORICA, Serbia-Montenegro - The heir to Montenegro's defunct throne is an architect and motorbike rider who lives 800 miles away in Paris. Now he's back to vote yes to his tiny Balkan country's independence from Serbia.
However, Crown Prince Nikola II Petrovic Njegos, who has lived in self-imposed exile for most of his life, worries about "trouble" after Sunday's referendum.

Croatia to Recognise Montenegro
26 May 2006 - Croatia would be among the first countries, together with the European Union, to recognise Montenegro as an independent country, Croatian Prime Minister Ivo Sanader said, 'CT' reports. "Whatever the citizens of Montenegro have decided in their referendum, Croatia will accept once all official conditions have been met," Sanader said.

Redrawing the Balkans, again
European mapmakers will have to go back to the drawing board. The people of Montenegro have voted to become the world's newest nation.

The expected loss of Kosovo will be an even bigger blow than Montenegro's departure. Besides having a population of about 2 million, Kosovo is considered the cradle of Serbia's culture and is the seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church.

Where does Crown Prince Nikola, his wife Crown Princess Francine and their daughter and son lives? In Montenegro or in France?

Daniela

Daniela said:
Where does Crown Prince Nikola, his wife Crown Princess Francine and their daughter and son lives? In Montenegro or in France?

Daniela

Although they do have a home in France where they have lived for quite some time, apparently they have already had some property in Montenegro returned to them (not sure which specific properties, though).

Ive been to Montenegro and the coast is more beautiful than southern France. Its all sand and not rocky like in France. Its just a spectacular country with huge potential. I once saw a pic of Prince Boris and he looks pretty hot. His dad looks like a typical person from the Balkans. I was going to go to Montenegro this summer but work came in the way. I plan on spending summer over their though. Its a great place.

THE MODERN ROYAL FAMILY OF MONTENEGRO AND ITS STATUS
http://www.njegoskij.org/menu_royalHouse/menu_modernFamily.php

In general, this site seems completely dedicated to Montenegro with history pages (unfortunately the historic resources are in private access :( ) and up-to-date info on what's currently happening in the country. It is very active with everyday new articles on Montenegro from various international sources:

THE NJEGOSKIJ FUND PUBLIC PROJECT
http://www.njegoskij.org/

Best regards,
Loic

Thanks for the article niafrondu62. Lets hope it all works out and it all goes well. It would be nice to bring something positive to the place given its history.

By the way, welcome to the board niafrondu62 :)

yeah i agree Australian, and after so many other monarchies, not just in europe but elsewhere have been overthrown, it would be nice to see a return. anyway what is the situation there like right now?

News of the Montenegrin Royal House in 2005
Investiture
4 Jun 2005
Cetinje-The Crown Prince, accompanied by the Crown Princess and Princess Altinai, held an Investiture at the Palace of King Nikola I this evening.
His Excellency The President of the Republic of Montenegro, Mr Filip Vujanovic, was received by His Royal Highness when The Crown Prince invested him with the Insignia of a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro...
Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro
++++++++++++
Investiture
3 Dec 2005
Paris-The Crown Prince, accompanied by the Crown Princess, Grand Duke Boris of Grahavo and Zeta, the Hereditary Prince of Montenegro and Princess Altinai, held an Investiture at Le Meurice this evening.
His Royal Highness the Count of Paris, Duke of France, Henri of Bourbon-Orleans, was received by His Royal Highness when The Crown Prince invested him with the Insignia of a Knight Grand Cross, Gold Star, of the Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro...
++++++++++++
Royal Visit to Monaco
7 Dec 2005
Monte Carlo-The Crown Prince was received in private by His Serene Highness the Prince of Monaco (Grand Cross, Gold Star, Order of Prince Danilo I).
John Gvozdenovic Kennedy (Grand Chancellor of the Royal House Orders) and Simon Piggott (Monaco Delegate of the Order of Prince Danilo I) were present...

News of the Montenegrin Royal House in 2006
Royal visit to Italy-Day 1
31 Jan 2006
Rome-The Crown Prince was received in private this morning by His Most Eminent Highness the Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes and of Malta, Fra' Andrew Bertie, at the Magistral Palace.
The Crown Prince was invested with the Bailiff Grand Cross of the Order of Malta. The Crown Prince invested the Prince and Grand Master of the Order of Malta with the Insignia of the Order of St. Peter of Cetinje and that of a Grand Cross with Diamond Star of the Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro...
++++++++++++++++
Royal visit to Italy-Day 2
1 Feb 2006
Rome-The Crown Prince was received this morning by His Royal Highness Prince Don Carlo of Bourbon Two-Sicilies, Duke of Calabria, at the Grand Chancellery of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of St. George at Via Sistina, Rome.
The Crown Prince was invested with the Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Francis I...

News of the Montenegrin Royal House in 2007
Investiture
31 Mar 2007
New York-The Crown Prince, accompanied by the Crown Princess held an Investiture at the Lotus Club, Manhattan, this evening.
His Excellency The Ambassador of the Republic of Montenegro to the United Nations, Mr Nebojsa Kaludjerovic, was received by His Royal Highness when The Crown Prince invested him with the Insignia of a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Prince Danilo I of Montenegro...

Hereinafter the link to a new article about Prince Nicolas Petrovic Njegos visiting Montenegro to promote his concept of ecological architecture and of “responsible” tourism:

PRINCE NICOLAS PETROVIC NJEGOS: INVESTING FOR A "RESPONSIBLE" TOURISM, in Pobjeda, May 6, 2007
NJEGOSKIJ.ORG :: PRINCE NICOLAS PETROVIC NJEGOS: INVESTING FOR A "RESPONSIBLE" TOURISM

...and another dated September 2006, published in La Lettre du Small Business n° 31 (in French):

FRANCE-MONTÉNÉGRO : LE CLUB DU SMALL BUSINESS AU MONTÉNÉGRO AVEC LE PRINCE NICOLAS PETROVITCH NJEGOSH
NJEGOSKIJ.ORG :: FRANCE-MONTENEGRO : LE CLUB DU SMALL BUSINESS AU MONTENEGRO AVEC LE PRINCE NICOLAS PETROVITCH NJEGOSH

Best regards from France,
Pierre Olivier LEROY
The Njegoskij Fund Public Project
NJEGOSKIJ.ORG :: WELCOME

Prince Nikola Petrovic Njegos In Hot Tourist Deal

In addition to the mail I received and reproduced just above, I found on njegoskij.org another article reporting the engagement of Prince Nikola in 2006 as architect consultant for the investment company Boka Fund registered in Nassau, Bahamas, in the particular case of the privatization of the Montenegrin company "Jadran", owner of a potentially tourist complex called Palace Smekja:

http://www.njegoskij.org/menu_today/subArts_2006/subArtTO_06095.php

Loic

Dear Benjamin, it seems to me that you are living in Belgrade, as all people from Montenegro do. I wonder why?
Anyway, Nicola is a very pleasant man and very simple. He lives in Paris in a very modest appartement with a furniture from sixties. He has only one lugigge as a memory of his father. He has an Harley and his wife is very beautiful woman from Morocco. His projects of architecture are very 1968. which means very simple and commune style.
At the time he said that he had lost 10 years trying to get in better thouch with Montenegrins and he stated that he has now a layer who will try to persuade the Governement to give him back at least an appartement as to enable him to come from time to time to Montenegro.
His daughter is living vis a vis to his appartement and is very sympathetic young woman.

Any news on what the Montenegrin Royals are doing now?

Still in France, no plans that I know of to go back to Montenegro.

Does anyone know what she died of and any other information concerning the death of HRH the Crown Princess

Petar II Petrovic-njegos was a Bladika , a Bishop of the Orthodox Church the nephew of Saint Petar of Cetjne my Slava, He also was a poet.
Ivan Petrovic

Today in Paris there was the memorial service for the late princess Francine of Montenegro. Te princess passed away on August 8th.

At 12.00 there was the memorial service in the Russian-Orthodox Alexander Nevski cathedral, followed by a concert at the Vincentius a Paulo at 17.00.

The memorial

Source: monarchen.nl, read the original article in Dutch here.

Back
Top Bottom