Royal Family Of Albania 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard about the Albanian royal family and watched tape too. From what I have heard the late King Zog and the late Queen Geraldine had two differrent wedding one catholic and the other muslim. But I could be wrong. It is also sad to hear Queen Susan had almost a year ago she was still fairly young. My symapathies to her family and those who supported her and her family as being reinstated as the Albanian royal family and Albania becoming a monarchy again.

Last edited:
Hi everybody

I'm new here but I'm very interested in the life of King Leka ( the one who lived in south afria, was arrested once in Thailand and was said to be a gunrunner and a CIA-man). As far as I know there's no biography available. Please help me because I'd love to read more about this fascinating character. Are there any books who deal with his life particulary. I've recently heard about the "King Zog" book written by Jason Tomes but I'm not sure if there's also written something about his son's life in this edition and if it's worth to buy it. Does somebody knows the book ?
Are there any other books ( maybe in German, Spanish, English, Italian or French ? )

Wath happened to the book who was anounced in this forum ( the one from the bodyguard ) Will it be still published ? Are there more news and will it also deal with the life of king Zog's son ?

Please help me because it's pretty hard to find stuff about this person.

Thank you very much

Manuel

Good day.Im new here and a suporter of the house of Zog in many ways-I also have or had one of the bigest zog pic colections,if I'd only find a good uploading service,i'd put it up.

There are plenty of good (and free) image-hosting sites available on the internet, eg Photobucket, Imageshack, Tinypic etc etc. Just Google 'image hosting'.

Wow. I'm surprised for such interest about the Albanian Royal Family. That is because I'm Albanian too. But unfortunately the only members of the Royal Family today are the King Leka of the Albanians and his son Prince Leka. Today they live in Tirana, Albania.

By the way, is there any other Albanian member on this forum??

It's the first time I hear that Albania has a royal family.Can anyone explain to us the background of this family?Are their ancestors well known royals?Does their bloodline date back in history?Thanks in advance!

Hi,Warren!Thanks for the link.I was really curious.Well,I just finished it and realised that it doesn't surprise me at all:Mr.Zog has no royal background...:rolleyes:...I thought so :cool:

There is a house for sale,on a hillside near Salobrena, Granada, Spain. It is said to have been built for the Queen of Albania 40 years ago, so I guess in the late 60's. I am familiar with the area, and this must have been one of the first houses to have been built on the hillside, which is now quite smart address. All I can find out from a search of the internet is that the Queen (Geraldine) lived in Spain for a while, in a house found for her by Margarita, Queen of Bulgaria, who was Spanish. The house has been empty for some years now. I would love to know more about all this, indeed, I would like to buy the house if only I was able to. Any information appreciated.

Has somebody the postal adress of the Albanian Royal Family?

:previous:
Yes, King Leka is alive although he has withdrawn from public life.
Prince Leka is an official at the Albanian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, having been invited by the Foreign Minister.

iakynthi Albania was for centuries a tributary of the Ottoman empire. Zog's ancestorss were hereditary rulers of priciplities and granted the titles bey and pasha, among others. He unified the country. If that isn't a qualification for kingship I don't know what is.

iakynthi Albania was for centuries a tributary of the Ottoman empire. Zog's ancestorss were hereditary rulers of priciplities and granted the titles bey and pasha, among others. He unified the country. If that isn't a qualification for kingship I don't know what is.

That's very true. Albania developed an aristocratic class over centuries, and the House of Zogu was one of the most prominent. After a chaotic first 13 years or so of independence, Zogu I succeeded in establishing stable government and even some progress. And like other Balkan monarchs (and remember, Serbia, Montenegro and Albania share one thing in common- native royal families), the legality of his deposition was highly questionable.

:albaniastandard:The official picture from the engagement of Crown Prince Leka II of Albania with Eli Zaharia. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some OLD :news:

"The return of Albanian Royal Family after 60 years of exile"

YouTube - Rikthimi i Familjes Mbreterore-The return of the Albanian Royal Family after 60 years of exile

"Mother" Queen Geraldine (the wife of Ahmet Zogu King of Albanians [1915-2002])

"The Coat of Arms of Albanian Royal Family"

The "moto" of the Albanian Royal Family is: (alb) "Atdheu Mbi Te Gjitha" (eng) "Fatherland Above All"

Ahmet Zogu the King of Albanians (1895-1961)

Last edited by a moderator:
leka of albania is studing in germany or britain.... maybe sandhurst

Leka II of Albania, graduated from "Sandhurst Military Academy" as the "Best foreign student of Sandhurst" in 2006. :D

They are Muslim.
Totally wrong! Why everybody thinks that Albanians are muslims?! :bang: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
(the magior part of Albanians are atheist's, they don't belive in any religion, we say "the Albanian's religion is Albanism" :))
----------
Ahmet Zogu (the King of Albanians) was muslim but he get married with a catholic woman (Gerladine Apponoyi) and Pope to allow this marriage asked from him that the child who will "come" out from this marriage to grow up as a catholic! So Leka I of Albania is a catholic (on faith)......

Although I found some inaccuracies in the book, I did not realize it was that bad--I find mistakes in most books, so I shrugged it off. I am curious to know a better a source for information?

If you know french those books have many information about The "Albanian royal Family+"

I have a picture of Queen Susan of Albania, but I am not sure in what event she was.

This picture is taken in 2002, in the International Airport of Rinas when the Albanian Royal Family returned home after 60 of exile.

Not yet according to the official site of Albanian monarchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom