The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,412
Swedish State Visit to Australia; November 7-12, 2005

Please post any information, pictures, articles etc regarding the King and Queen's State Visit to Australia in November 2005 here.
__________________

__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2005, 05:39 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,412
A press release by the Government Offices informs that the King and Queen's State Visit to Australia is scheduled to be held 7-12 November. They will go on the invitation of Governor General Michael Jeffery.

Traveling in the royal entourage will be Minister for Foreign Affairs, Laila Freivalds, as well as a delegation of representatives from the Swedish industry and trade.

The destinations in the programme includes Canberra, Sydney, Adelaide, Ayers Rock/Uluru and Perth.
__________________

__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 918
Oh... what a shame, it would have been lovely to have Their Majesties in Melbourne. Still, it shall be a visit worth watching no doubt.

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 44
Why are they coming? is nothing to do here for them
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australis
Why are they coming? is nothing to do here for them
I sincerely hope that you are'nt Australian, after making such a comment. There is plenty for Their Majesties to do here, and I am sure we shall find out the exact purpose of the trip at a closer date.

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2005, 03:32 AM
Scanorama's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 32
Any idea of if they will charter a plane to fly down here? Would be great to see Scandinavian Airlines makes its appearance at Sydney Airport, even a small size plane will do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,152
Their Majesties are coming to Perth! That's great, i might be able to see them then. Pity they arent going to Melbourne, which is one of the best capital cities of Australia in my opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
Any idea of if they will charter a plane to fly down here? Would be great to see Scandinavian Airlines makes its appearance at Sydney Airport, even a small size plane will do.
I doubt if Scandinavian Airlines shall fly Their Majesties into Australia. It will more than likely be a Qantas or possibly a British Airways jet.

At the present time, I do believe that Scandinavian Airlines dont fly direct to Australia. Those who wish to travel to Australia have to catch a connecting flight with another major international carrier. Mind you, I should know this (hence my schoooling within the industry) but of course, I could be wrong. If I am, lets just hope I never book you an outbound flight.lol.

Is there anyone who could give a more accurate response to the SAS situation in Australia?

With kind regards,

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Scanorama's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margrethe II
I doubt if Scandinavian Airlines shall fly Their Majesties into Australia. It will more than likely be a Qantas or possibly a British Airways jet.

At the present time, I do believe that Scandinavian Airlines dont fly direct to Australia. Those who wish to travel to Australia have to catch a connecting flight with another major international carrier. Mind you, I should know this (hence my schoooling within the industry) but of course, I could be wrong. If I am, lets just hope I never book you an outbound flight.lol.

Is there anyone who could give a more accurate response to the SAS situation in Australia?

With kind regards,

"MII"
MII you are correct, Scandinavian Airlines doesnt fly to Australia, in fact (correct me if im wrong though) they have never flown to Australia before (with the exception of codeshare flights). They do, however, have an office at Sydney City.

For passengers if they want to fly to Scandinavia, they would need to transit at either Singapore, Bangkok (Crown Princess Mary of Denmark flew with Thai when she came to Australia earlier this year), Tokyo, or China. Singapore Airlines fly to Copenhagen, Thai Airlines fly to Copenhagen and Stockholm. While Scandinavian Airlines fly to Singapore, Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo from Copenhagen.

Having said that, it just would be great to see Scandinavian Airlines makes a special apperance at Sydney Airport!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
MII you are correct, Scandinavian Airlines doesnt fly to Australia, in fact (correct me if im wrong though) they have never flown to Australia before (with the exception of codeshare flights). They do, however, have an office at Sydney City.

For passengers if they want to fly to Scandinavia, they would need to transit at either Singapore, Bangkok (Crown Princess Mary of Denmark flew with Thai when she came to Australia earlier this year), Tokyo, or China. Singapore Airlines fly to Copenhagen, Thai Airlines fly to Copenhagen and Stockholm. While Scandinavian Airlines fly to Singapore, Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo from Copenhagen.

Having said that, it just would be great to see Scandinavian Airlines makes a special apperance at Sydney Airport!
Ah, of course! I totally forgot about Thai Airways.lol. Thankyou Scanorama

I am led to believe that SAS do indeed have an office at Sydney City. Let me see what I can find out.

My kind regards,

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Australia
Posts: 45
I hope they get lots of press coverage while there are here, it'll be a shame if they don't.......this will be the 4th Royal visit to Australia this year how good is that!.. plus we have Queen Elizabeth coming next year for the commonweath games and Mary & Frederick again!....

I'm sure the Swedish Monarchs will have a good time while they are here and there is definatley PLENTY to do here
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Pity they arent going to Melbourne, which is one of the best capital cities of Australia in my opinion.
I could'nt agree more Australian Even though I am somewhat biased.lol.

Also I do hope you get to see the King & Queen. That would be brilliant.

Kind regards,

"MII"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2005, 05:31 PM
rop81's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Middle of nowhere, Sweden
Posts: 558
Don´t you think that they will use one of the state planes? Or are those to small and inconvinient to make such a long flight? So if you don´t get a plane that has Scandinavian written on it you might get one with Swedish Air Force on it, and that might not be that common in Australia as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-14-2005, 12:55 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81
Don´t you think that they will use one of the state planes? Or are those to small and inconvinient to make such a long flight? So if you don´t get a plane that has Scandinavian written on it you might get one with Swedish Air Force on it, and that might not be that common in Australia as well.
I guess that they will travel on one of the state planes, they do that sometimes when they go on longer trips on official business, it's more comfortable and it allows them to work and prepare (and of course relax more) during the flight.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-20-2005, 11:41 PM
robby86's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 375
So were there no pictures from there trip? It would be a shame if there isn't.
__________________
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" ~~James Dean
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
So were there no pictures from there trip? It would be a shame if there isn't.
What do you mean? They arent going to Australia until November...?
I´m sure there will be lots of photos and articles from the state visit
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 PM
robby86's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tucson, United States
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
What do you mean? They arent going to Australia until November...?
I´m sure there will be lots of photos and articles from the state visit
Oh! stupid me I thought the trip was this month. :o
__________________
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" ~~James Dean
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:18 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,783
Is it the first State Visit of The King and Queen of SWeden ever to the kangaroo's country?
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
Is it the first State Visit of The King and Queen of SWeden ever to the kangaroo's country?
The King paid a State Visit to Australia in 1982, between 26 March and 6 April to the then being Governor-General Sir Zelman Cowen. The Queen did not accompany him that time, since she was at home being pregnant with Princess Madeleine.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
rop81's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Middle of nowhere, Sweden
Posts: 558
Has ever queen Elisabeth recieved the foreigned royalties that has come to australia for a state visit, or has it always been that the governor-general?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
australia, carl gustav, governor general, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia, state visit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State Visit to New Zealand and Australia; June 2009 Paty King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 39 06-28-2009 11:41 PM
Frederik and Mary's Private Visit to Australia; November 2006 Amelie Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 273 12-17-2006 02:08 AM
State Visit from Russia to the Netherlands; November 1st-2nd, 2005 purple_platinum Dutch Royals 69 02-22-2006 11:39 AM
State Visit to Malta: November 2005 HMQueenElizabethII Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 57 01-31-2006 05:59 AM
Moroccan King State Visit to Japan November 27, 2005- November 30, 2005 mandyy Imperial Family of Japan 26 12-07-2005 11:01 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena jordans king king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince maurits princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]