Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. I've viewed his "retirement" more as a de facto divorce from the time it was first announced. That opinion has only strengthened by subsequent events.

"Board Meeting of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Foundation
H. M. The Queen and HRH Prince Henry attended Tuesday, May 10, 2016 in the board meeting of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik Foundation. The Foundation supports cultural, scientific and social purposes that have not yet been initiated. "
Bestyrelsesmøde i Dronning Margrethes og Prins Henriks Fond | Kongehuset

we usually dont get pictures from these meetings :flowers:

Thanks. The French ambassador and the French embassy has a high cultural profile in Copenhagen these years.

Prince Henrik inaugurated the new kindergarten classes at Prince Henrik's School in Copenhagen today, May 19:

** ppe gallery **

PH at his best. It's clear where Frederik has his touch with children from.

A nice feel-good video of PH visiting the Prince Henrik School: VIDEO: Prins Henrik hyldet | BILLED-BLADET

The French ambassador was present as well, because many of the children are of mixed marriages or children of French ex-pats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dronning Margrethe til festligt 600-års jubilæum | BILLED-BLADET

Today QMII inaugurated a pilgrim-house near Maribo Cathedral. And afterwards attended a service at the cathedral.

Back in the 1400's QEI gave an estate to the Birgittinian Order (I think it's called), so that they could build a cloister-church there. After the Reformation the church became an ordinary church and eventually a cathedral.

I read a headline the other day saying that pilgrimages have become more popular in DK. And here we need FasterB to educate us. :flowers::)

Thanks, iceflower. :flowers:

Perhaps someone finally shipped the teletubby outfit to Timbuktu - without a return address...

:previous:

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't dare saying ;)

Say it isn't so:sad: Her teletubby look was catching on, I truly hoped it would set a new fashion trend finally. I am heart broken:whistling:

The red coat looks fantastic on her. :)

A nice little happy-ending story from BB: Dronning Margrethes bedste ven forsvandt | BILLED-BLADET

Last week QMII's dachshund, Helike, vanished. Two days passed, still no dog.
It has happened before that a DRF-dog has eloped only to be run over by a car.

Then two guardsmen heard a dog whimper and they found Helike stuck in a badger-hole.
The dog was liberated and brought back to mother Margrethe, hungry and thirsty but otherwise unhurt.

Thank heavens it was rescued and reunited with its owner. That's the trouble with dachshunds. They find badgers irresistible!

Opening the Viking fortress Borg Ring

H. M. The Queen opened Monday, May 30, 2016 Viking Fortress Borg Ring, Vallø, Køge. Viking castle dates from the 900s, but the archaeological findings were first published in 2014.

Åbning af Vikingeborgen Borgring | Kongehuset

Another controversy is coming up.

Trods protester: Dronningen skal sælge Danmark i Tyrkiet

As you may recall M&F's visit to Saudi Arabia in particular caused quite a bit of controversy and still does for that matter. It dented the image of M&F, unfairly.
It doesn't help that the former Foreign Minister, Martin Lidegaard, in the former government has said that he knew nothing about the plans about sending M&F to Arabia. - That despite the serious newspaper Berlingske having revealed that meetings on very high civil-service level regarding M&F's taking part in the visit took place several times and they they discussed that there might be a controversy.
It is next to unthinkable that the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Trade and the Prime Minister were not informed. But politicians are politicians...

Anyway, later this year QMII will go on an official visit to Turkey, where she will naturally meet with President Erdogan.
Amazingly the Parliament in general think that's a great idea, despite the fact the Erdogan is perhaps not the most popular person in Europe right now and his politics and involvement in the Syrian mess is something no one appears to wish to talk about. That he seems intent on turning Turkey away from it's secular core values is another matter, not to mention him opressing journalists and critics, not only in Turkey but outside Turkey as well.
But in the holy name of export, it seems a great idea to embarrass QMII. And the politicians we have are unlikely to support QMII much against the criticism there will come.
I half hope QMII will go down with the "flu", but then they'll probably embarrass M&F instead.

Good grief!

- There have been loads of interesting articles, also in the more serious papers, about the DRF in the past couple of weeks.
I haven't written about here on TRF, partly because I felt burned out and partly because the TRF has changed IMO.
There does not appear to be that much interest among the TRF-readers for hard back-ground info any more. Which has made me wonder whether it is time to move board.
Pictures, clips and fashion is working great here on TRF. And that's fine and fun.
But summaries, translations and background info would perhaps be more of interest elsewhere.

Last edited:
:previous: thank you Muhler:flowers::flowers:

Was there not a state visit from Turkey to Denmark a couple of years ago?

Hard stance for the DRF if the government keeps arranging these trips. I guess they have to bare it. Although it is getting harder and harder to find countries with little faults:sad:

:previous: There was. An official state visit. That caused some but not too much criticism but President Erdogan is certainly pushing the boundaries at the moment!
Turkey's economy is not that good anymore. Tourism has been reduced with at least 30 % (unofficially more like 50-60%) and that's serious!
And because he personally has p*ssed of the Russians Turkey is now subjected to a trade embargo.
That Erdogan and his family also seem to be involved in the oil-trade with ISIS is not particularly endearing either. But no one is talking about that, least of all USA and NATO.
That Erdogan also oppress free press in Turkey, by imprisoning journalists and critics, while at the same time mingling constantly in what is said and going on in Europe, including insisting on a German satirist being prosecuted in Germany for a satire (admittedly not very funny satire) on German TV against Erdogan is also considered pretty annoying.
That Erdogan is also pushing the limits in regards to an agreement in handling migrant going through Turkey to EU has by no mean endeared him to anyone!

I'd say if it hasn't been for Chancellor Merkel, the EU would very well have torn up that agreement and closed the borders to Turkey. - That can still happen though. And the politicians doing that would have very few problems with the voters about that!
So all in all Erdogan may be steering Turkey towards an economic and political disaster.
So far he has annoyed EU, Russia, Iran and if Trump become the next US president he may have lost an ally there as well.

So personally I don't see why DK, and certainly not QMII, should suck up to such a man.

Another controversy is coming up.

Trods protester: Dronningen skal sælge Danmark i Tyrkiet

As you may recall M&F's visit to Saudi Arabia in particular caused quite a bit of controversy and still does for that matter. It dented the image of M&F, unfairly.
It doesn't help that the former Foreign Minister, Martin Lidegaard, in the former government has said that he knew nothing about the plans about sending M&F to Arabia. - That despite the serious newspaper Berlingske having revealed that meetings on very high civil-service level regarding M&F's taking part in the visit took place several times and they they discussed that there might be a controversy.
It is next to unthinkable that the Foreign Minister, the Minister for Trade and the Prime Minister were not informed. But politicians are politicians...

Anyway, later this year QMII will go on an official visit to Turkey, where she will naturally meet with President Erdogan.
Amazingly the Parliament in general think that's a great idea, despite the fact the Erdogan is perhaps not the most popular person in Europe right now and his politics and involvement in the Syrian mess is something no one appears to wish to talk about. That he seems intent on turning Turkey away from it's secular core values is another matter, not to mention him opressing journalists and critics, not only in Turkey but outside Turkey as well.
But in the holy name of export, it seems a great idea to embarrass QMII. And the politicians we have are unlikely to support QMII much against the criticism there will come.
I half hope QMII will go down with the "flu", but then they'll probably embarrass M&F instead.

Good grief!

- There have been loads of interesting articles, also in the more serious papers, about the DRF in the past couple of weeks.
I haven't written about here on TRF, partly because I felt burned out and partly because the TRF has changed IMO.
There does not appear to be that much interest among the TRF-readers for hard back-ground info any more. Which has made me wonder whether it is time to move board.
Pictures, clips and fashion is working great here on TRF. And that's fine and fun.
But summaries, translations and background info would perhaps be more of interest elsewhere.

Dear Muhler, your posts make this board worth reading! Endless commentaries about dresses and jewelry are, quite frankly, boring:bang: I think if we were to hold a Muhler poll you would win hands down. If not, wither thou goest, this history nerd (because that is why I like to follow royalty) will follow:flowers:

I agree with everything Gerry says. It's your posts that make this board worth visiting - sorry I don't post often enough to make that clear. I will try to do better in future But if you do go elsewhere please let us know so we can follow you.

Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 5: November 2015 -

:previous: There was. An official state visit. That caused some but not too much criticism but President Erdogan is certainly pushing the boundaries at the moment!
Turkey's economy is not that good anymore. Tourism has been reduced with at least 30 % (unofficially more like 50-60%) and that's serious!
And because he personally has p*ssed of the Russians Turkey is now subjected to a trade embargo.
That Erdogan and his family also seem to be involved in the oil-trade with ISIS is not particularly endearing either. But no one is talking about that, least of all USA and NATO.
That Erdogan also oppress free press in Turkey, by imprisoning journalists and critics, while at the same time mingling constantly in what is said and going on in Europe, including insisting on a German satirist being prosecuted in Germany for a satire (admittedly not very funny satire) on German TV against Erdogan is also considered pretty annoying.
That Erdogan is also pushing the limits in regards to an agreement in handling migrant going through Turkey to EU has by no mean endeared him to anyone!

I'd say if it hasn't been for Chancellor Merkel, the EU would very well have torn up that agreement and closed the borders to Turkey. - That can still happen though. And the politicians doing that would have very few problems with the voters about that!
So all in all Erdogan may be steering Turkey towards an economic and political disaster.
So far he has annoyed EU, Russia, Iran and if Trump become the next US president he may have lost an ally there as well.

So personally I don't see why DK, and certainly not QMII, should suck up to such a man.

Please don't stop posting! I find this information quite fascinating.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Another controversy is coming.

Dear Muhler, please continue posting.
I always read your posts with great interest.

Within the last hour, I read an online report that President Erdogan made a speech where he said that working women were ''half persons'' and should completely devote their lives to marriage and motherhood. He also came out against all forms of birth control. Since Queen Margarethe is very much a working woman, and Denmark is a very progressive and liberal country, I can imagine this visit will have some awkward moments.

I also felt that Frederik and Mary were criticized unfairly for their trip to Saudi Arabia, but the world of international politics and diplomacy can be murky at times.

Please stay, Muhler. I have learned so much from your posts. :flowers:

:previous: Thanks.

That doesn't surprise me at all!
Erdogan seem intent on rolling back decades of progress in Turkey, but there are lots of Turks, not to mention minorities like the Kurds, who are not going to take that lying down. He is destabilizing Turkey and no one needs that!
He is IMO a dangerous man and absolutely not worth supporting.

Alas, we have here in DK a Parliament consisting of mediocre politicians who jump when the export business tell them. No matter that some of the same businesses would be perfectly happy to sell chains to slave-traders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom