Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kimebear said:
How about just the fact that he is in love with Haya? Instead of kicking Sheika Hind out of the palace to make room for a younger model, he remains married to her and she still enjoys the position of "first wife" and the respect due her as the mother of his heir. Haya is a beautiful, intelligent woman who shares his equestrian passion and is perhaps his true "soulmate", for lack of a better word. Should he hide Haya away for that? She could have had her pick of men. Obviously there must be deep love there for her to agree to marriage.

Then Sheikh Mohamed fall in love very often and can't find the love of his life,Haya is not the first woman he married after Hind,as far as I know he did already twice before,both were foreigners,the mother of Majid and the other the mother of Maita and Shamsa,so if it's that love,I fail to understund.

kimebear i was writing that isnt it possible that they really love eachother and i saw your reply.i think you are totaly right. itsnot about money or looking modern to western its something about love its obvious that they are in love when you look at their photos.

Salomé said:
Then Sheikh Mohamed fall in love very often and can't find the love of his life,Haya is not the first woman he married after Hind,as far as I know he did already twice before,both were foreigners,the mother of Majid and the other the mother of Maita and Shamsa,so if it's that love,I fail to understund.
To my understanding, sheikha Hind is not his first wife. She is his first "official wife" sheikh Majid's mother is the first wife (nobody hears anything about her).

kimebear said:
How about just the fact that he is in love with Haya? Instead of kicking Sheika Hind out of the palace to make room for a younger model, he remains married to her and she still enjoys the position of "first wife" and the respect due her as the mother of his heir. Haya is a beautiful, intelligent woman who shares his equestrian passion and is perhaps his true "soulmate", for lack of a better word. Should he hide Haya away for that? She could have had her pick of men. Obviously there must be deep love there for her to agree to marriage.
in my opinion, she might share his hobbies, but i dont find her pretty nor an intelligent women(again, i state people have different opinions). sheikh Mohammed did not have a choice when marying her to hide her away becasue she was already in the public eye, people already knew her, seen her.

kimebear said:
Also, what "reputation" does Haya have? What has she done? (Not trying to be smart, I really haven't heard of anything and am curious)
talking about reputation is not allowed to be posted on this forum, but can be talked about by using PM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
May i ask how MO divided his time between 2 wives??
Sorry for my poor english..:question::blink:

dazzling said:
To my understanding, sheikha Hind is not his first wife. She is his first "official wife" sheikh Majid's mother is the first wife (nobody hears anything about her).

I heard that she's German,right?and Maita's and Shamsa's mother is Moroccan or something.

Kimbear,the point is not that he should hide Haya or not,but the point is that she's not adding or changing something more than the other wives,and i doubt it's love,because as you can see the Sheikh changes wives from different horizons and nationalities like his shirts.

Last edited:
florecita said:
May i ask how MO divided his time between 2 wives??
Sorry for my poor english..:question::blink:

I don't think we can answer you,u should write him maybe and ask him:lol: as he's the loenely person who knows better about this matter:ROFLMAO:

Many members have talked about the wedding pictures and how happy sheikh mohammed and haya looked. Ive looked at them, and i disagree with people who have said that they look happy. Ive posted some pictures which say alot. First picture, does not look like a happy man who just got married.Second picture also shows sheikh mohammeds face not being to happy. Third picture, shouldnt he be holding her hand or arm, i mean just married couples have more affection than that.and the last picture, being congratulated for his marriage on no smile or a happy look on his face.
© 2004 Maher Attar / MGA PRODUCTION

Salomé said:
I heard that she's German,right?and Maita's and Shamsa's mother is Moroccan or something.

Kimbear,the point is not that he should hide Haya or not,but the point is that she's not adding or changing something more than the other wives,and i doubt it's love,because as you can see the Sheikh changes wives from different horizons and nationalities like his shirts.

I wasn't responding to whether or not she "added" something, but to the fact that she has a more public face than Hind. Does she need to add something more than the other wife(ves)? I do know that she is very active politically in the advancement of women in society, as Hind is also. Is it not true that it would be improper for her to take a more prominent lead over Hind in internal social affairs as a second wife?

I also doubt that it is something other than love. Looking at the situation logically, (and we can only guess because no one knows them) the marriage was more problematic than the rewards a non-love match would warrant. Sheikh Mo enjoys his own position, wealth and power. Marrying into the Jordanian royal family does nothing to significantly increase his position as he is wealthier than the JRF and Haya already had a high public profile before their marriage, so there was no keeping her "under wraps" so to speak. So in marrying her he gains a wife that does not benefit him financially or politically and in fact, she is disliked by his people. Haya is the daughter of a king, the half sister of a king, well educated (you can debate about her intelligence if you want to), a liberated Muslim woman used to a less restricted lifestyle than the women in Dubai enjoy, a member of a family that does not currently practice polygamy and a catch for many men who may not be as wealthy as Sheikh Mo, but can come close, where she does not have to suffer the injury of being seen as a "junior wife". So she certainly could have married elsewhere for money. Sheikh Mo must feel something for her. He married her, he didn't just parade around the world with her on his arm as a plaything. Don't forget that he is passionate about his horses (his website is almost 1/3 about his equestrian endeavors)and Haya is a world class competitor. If there is a more advantageous reason for them to have been married, please say so. As for seeming happy on his wedding day, show me an official photo of this man where he is smiling. I haven't seen one. Everyone else seems pretty happy to me including King Abdullah and I don't think he would allow his sister to marry into a loveless relationship. Abdullah is a little too progressive for that.

You still can think it's love,but it's your opinion,and I respect it,but you don't answer my question,what it was with the two other wives who are non-less liberated than Haya,one German and the other Moroccan if we assume that Hind is not?

Salomé said:
You still can think it's love,but it's your opinion,and I respect it,but you don't answer my question,what it was with the two other wives who are non-less liberated than Haya,one German and the other Moroccan if we assume that Hind is not?

I don't know what it was with the other wives. No one does except Sheikh Mo and the women themselves. The point being that he has never allowed his wife to be publicly acknowledged as much as Haya, so we really don't know anything about the women themselves or what their personal situations were.

kimebear said:
I don't know what it was with the other wives. No one does except Sheikh Mo and the women themselves. The point being that he has never allowed his wife to be publicly acknowledged as much as Haya, so we really don't know anything about the women themselves or what their personal situations were.

For the same reason that you assume that he took a 4th wife because he loved her,you can't speculate that he didn't took the three first wives for the same reason just because they are not publicly acknowleged.

As dazzling stated before,Haya was already in the public eye,as,and she appeared already with Mo while she was secretly dating him,and everybody knew that she was working for Sheikh Mo,so how he could hide her,he had no choice

I have an easier time accepting love in a marriage when we have photographic proof of their mutual affection (Royal Ascot, several other equestrian events where they are obviously happy and comfortable in each other's presence) than speculating on the happiness or sadness of a marriage with either woman that he is now divorced from where there is no photo evidence.

Last edited:
kimebear said:
Also, what "reputation" does Haya have? What has she done? (Not trying to be smart, I really haven't heard of anything and am curious)

All I have to say is don't buy too much into the whole "reputation" hype. None of the rumors, to my knowledge have been proven true. Welcome to the forums, by the way.:flowers:

sommone said:
All I have to say is don't buy too much into the whole "reputation" hype. None of the rumors, to my knowledge have been proven true. Welcome to the forums, by the way.:flowers:

no one can buy into them, but they do start from somewhere. as hard as people try not to believe them they cant be proven.

dazzling said:
no one can buy into them, but they do start from somewhere. as hard as people try not to believe them they cant be proven.

First off, let me start by saying hello...I didn't get the chance to do that. Many a people have bought into it. I know because I have been on here long enough to see people's opinions start off one way, and then change completely thanks to those very same rumors.:lol: My thing is, why believe something about someone that may or may not be true? How is that fair? I mean everyone deserves the benefit of doubt. Unfortunately, Haya hasn't always been given that. I agree they start from somewhere, but we don't know the whos and whys they were started, or even if they are true. You know people love to talk. I suppose it's human nature.:cool:

sommone said:
First off, let me start by saying hello...I didn't get the chance to do that. Many a people have bought into it. I know because I have been on here long enough to see people's opinions start off one way, and then change completely thanks to those very same rumors.:lol: My thing is, why believe something about someone that may or may not be true? How is that fair? I mean everyone deserves the benefit of doubt. Unfortunately, Haya hasn't always been given that. I agree they start from somewhere, but we don't know the whos and whys they were started, or even if they are true. You know people love to talk. I suppose it's human nature.:cool:

Im not here to change anyones opinion about Haya or her husband or about anyone. im not here to start rumors or problems, just here to share information with others.

Kimebear & Sommone thank you for being voices of logic & reason.

dazzling said:
Im not here to change anyones opinion about Haya or her husband or about anyone. im not here to start rumors or problems, just here to share information with others.

Ok....I merely told Kimebear not to buy into the hype. I don't recall accusing you of persuading anyone's opinion, or starting problems. If you thought this, then I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I'm not looking to cause problems either. You are always entitled to your opinion and such. I just voiced my opinion too.:cool: Just for the record, when I said people love to talk, I wasn't talking about you. I was speaking of the people who got the rumors about Princess Haya's reputation started.

Last edited:
sommone said:
Ok....I merely told Kimebear not to buy into the hype. I don't recall accusing you of persuading anyone's opinion, or starting problems. If you thought this, then I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I'm not looking to cause problems either. You are always entitled to your opinion and such. I just voiced my opinion too.:cool: Just for the record, when I said people love to talk, I wasn't talking about you. I was speaking of the people who got the rumors about Princess Haya's reputation started.

Misunderstanding than, sorry:flowers:

kimebear said:
I have an easier time accepting love in a marriage when we have photographic proof of their mutual affection (Royal Ascot, several other equestrian events where they are obviously happy and comfortable in each other's presence) than speculating on the happiness or sadness of a marriage with either woman that he is now divorced from where there is no photo evidence.

So u prefer judging a book from it cover?How many times we have seen fairytale photos of some royals posing,then we knew about their reality later...

And other thing,how do u know that he's divorced from his previous wives,as far as I know,nobody knows something about them...and anyway divorced or not,nobody can't speculate that there haven't been any love story with those women who gave him children,just because you didn't see them or know something about them,and now that because we see Haya with him,it doesn't mean she's the love of his life,too beautiful to be true,if regarding Sheikh's Mo past with his different wives.

kimebear said:
As for seeming happy on his wedding day, show me an official photo of this man where he is smiling. I haven't seen one.

Here are some pictures of Sheikh Moahmmed smiling/looking happy:flowers:

http://www.fzaa3team.com/Dawnld/uploads/839fc24e49.jpg

http://www.horsephotos.com/watermark.jsp?photoID=41818 (with his son sheikh hamdan in blue, behind hamdan Sheikh Maktoums son and behind him is Sheikh Ahmed sheikh Mohammeds son)

http://www.horsephotos.com/watermark.jsp?photoID=41811
http://www.horsephotos.com/watermark.jsp?photoID=24431 (sheikh Rashed in the background)
http://www.horsephotos.com/watermark.jsp?photoID=41783

You call that smiling? I do not see any feeling in this physiognomy.

dazzling,

the pic with sheikh rashid in the background.....absolutely frightening. i forget who asked, but sheikh mo is NOT divorced from sheikha hind. couldn't say about the other wives. if we are judging a relationship by pics, there were some posted a couple of months ago with haya and mo. (some horsie thing). you could have kept ice cream frozen on the chill surrounding their body language.

remember, dazzling, some pics need to be posted with a warning before being opened. (lol)

Veram98 said:
You call that smiling? I do not see any feeling in this physiognomy.

I dont mean to be rude or anything but what would you call that? Well, to me, he looks happy in those pictures. Its not always likely to see a picture of sheikh mohammed smiling, but he does.

miss b said:
dazzling,
i forget who asked, but sheikh mo is NOT divorced from sheikha hind. couldn't say about the other wives.

Sheikh Mohammed is not divorced from sheikha Hind and for anybodys information she is higher than Haya in the country (im not talking about title) He is also married to sheik Majeds, sheikha Maiths mother who is hardly heard of.

miss b said:
if we are judging a relationship by pics, there were some posted a couple of months ago with haya and mo. (some horsie thing). you could have kept ice cream frozen on the chill surrounding their body language.

True. In many of the Ascot pictures, it looked like Haya was being dragged along or walking a few steps behind him when she shouldve been walking next to him. No only that, but also when at the horse sales in the United States, there was no body language at all. to me, it looked like she was his employee who had to attend, always looking at the cameras.

Salomé said:
So u prefer judging a book from it cover?How many times we have seen fairytale photos of some royals posing,then we knew about their reality later...

This why I mentioned no one can determine really anything about anyone's life just by looking at photos. They just capture a sec of someone's life.

Chanter said:
Kimebear & Sommone thank you for being voices of logic & reason.

You are welcome, Chanter.:)

dazzling said:
I dont mean to be rude or anything but what would you call that? Well, to me, he looks happy in those pictures. Its not always likely to see a picture of sheikh mohammed smiling, but he does.

As miss b said he looks rather frightening on those pictures than sincerely smiling.

Veram98 said:
As miss b said he looks rather frightening on those pictures than sincerely smiling.

You do have a point, but the angle of the picture taken isnt a good one, there are good and bad pictures of people, im not going to argue about it. but what about the other pictures?not smiling too?Its rare to see pictures of Sheikh Mohammed smiling and when we do, they dont fall into the category of "smiling".

Last edited:
Salomé said:
The most important in the story is DOES Haya really add something to Dubai?
Some people keep saying that Sheikh Mohamed wanted her to be his public wife,and to give a modern image of Dubai royals,but Is that really true?Dubai is what it is,a very modern place with a very traditional society,where some 80% popualtion are not locals,and the locals prefer their local first wife Sheika Hind,and I belive that Haya won't change anything in that,considered by some the first lady or not.

It's not a question of what Haya has done for or has not done for Dubai. Her influence lies in the international realm, particularly Europe and the wider equestrian world. Sheikh Mohammed has concerns in that realm for obvious reasons. Look how much he has invested in it. You're right, I believe, in that he has other wives who are more popular and loved within dubai. He has Haya for the international stage.

As I have said before, I am not saying he does not love Haya or that I have an opinion about that. My opinion on that extends very little, that I think he and Haya are at the very least, "in like" and perhaps in love. I do think they are friends, at the least very good friends, and perhaps have a much more special, deeper bond. The advantage that she brings to the international perspective for Dubai is probably just a bonus. I have no doubts about the genuineness (is that a word?) :lol: of their feelings for each other.
That said, I imagine he won't have anymore wives.
These forums have really changed my opinion about polygamy as practiced within the Islamic faith. Far from being on the verge of converting to Islam and becoming a wife in a polygamous marriage :lol: I will say that I am opening up to the idea of the advantages to the Islamic polygamous traditions: The most important advantage, I feel, is that it keeps families together even after parents have grown apart or fallen out of love. There has to be something said for adding to one's family as opposed to subtracting from it!
However, there is a flipside, of course. Why can't it be Equal Oppurtunity? Can a wife of Sheikh Mohammed have another husband?
I doubt it, but she should be able to.

CasiraghiTrio said:
It's not a question of what Haya has done for or has not done for Dubai. Her influence lies in the international realm, particularly Europe and the wider equestrian world. Sheikh Mohammed has concerns in that realm for obvious reasons. Look how much he has invested in it. You're right, I believe, in that he has other wives who are more popular and loved within dubai. He has Haya for the international stage.
Well i understand your feeling. But in Islam there are certain rule that a guy should follow before he do the polygami. But i believe that it need much longer thread to discuss about this. Since this is the thread of the Sheikh's wives, so here's my opinion.

I think, what the Sheikh did is very common among the Arabic ruler. I'm sure that you aware that King Abdul Aziz, the father of the present King of Saudi have 17 wives. King Hussein of Jordan also have more than one wives. So it's not a big deal for me. And i believe that Sheikh Mohammed's other wife is already know the consequence of being married with Arabic Sheikh. Beside, for me, it's better to own view wives than many mistresses.

Back
Top Bottom