Sheikh Mohammed's Wives

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please excuse the confusion we made. We have to distinguish between temporary marriages and unofficial marriages. Its not the same. What are temporary marriages, you know this by now.

If we talk about unofficial marriages in connections with UAE rulers, mostly we mean wives who live or lived in a non-temporary, legal marriage but never went public appearance or their marriages were never made publicly.

We don´t know, if Sheikh Mo advocates temporary marriages, because he is Sunni. But a small group of Sunnis are still practised temporary marriages in UAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I would to Burn the people who accept this marriage Because of silly arguments ,,, about the people who allow this marriage !! wait a minute they say because To avoid the man from sin !!! and where is the WOMEN in this case excuse me !! ,, he marry her with silly limit date contract ! and then leave her when the time finish !!! OMG ,,, and then the women become unwanted in society that meant he destroyed her , Because of what ? ,, because of his desires this is it ??
Oh my I am Muslim and not wearing hijab ! but i really not accept what the people doing in Islam Image ! ,, I would to say that anyone want to know the Islam go and read the Quran as a book !!! ,, don’t hear others .

The temporary marriage is not allowed in Islam Religion ,, If you back to the
REAL history of Islam you will find that the Major Or Caliph Omar Bin al-Khattab forbade temporary marriage !! regardless to the sects of Sunni Or Shai because there was No sects in that time ! ,, Well I know shai sect believe in But it’s not allowed !! , The direction of islam is the quran & Prophet Mohammed and if Islamic people follow them so they will realize it’s not allowed !!! regardless to who Analyzes and deprive !!!

The thing that I would to say about Sheikh Mohammed is ,, I can assure you that he didn’t marry in temporary marriage !!! BECAUSE Most marriages of Sheikh Mohammed led to the birth of children AND there is law in Arab World Countries say that the Child may not be legally recognized if there is no legal marriage contract !!!! And temporary marriage is not a legal !!

So he can Marry in legal contract & divorce when ever he want !

Btw some info , in Jordan who marry temporary marriage Legally imprisoned 6 years !! I really Surprised to hear from Imanmajed member that there is Minority of Sunni sect accept Temporary marriage !

Last edited:
You really right! But don´t forget: In cases of marriage it need the permission of him AND her. Two persons are necessary! Why women accept such a kind of marriage? For the same reasons as men: of enjoyment for.

Yes sure !! need the permission of both sides , there is no forcing in any kind of marriage ,,, But the reason of allowing the temporary marriage is Man desires !!! Not women ,,, and soo then he left & he live his life in the society and SHE become Disaster in society !!! this is the end of this marriage !! ,, so it’s already sin marriage !
IMO who want to make sin , go and make it , this is his Or her choice ,, but not destroy other one Because of religion argument ! ,, those kind of people not know anything about religion !

Usually if someone practiced temporary marriages they don't want to have children. If a marriage contract is legal or not is based on the law of each country. This varies widely among the different Arab states.

Personally I think that Sheikh Mohammed don´t practiced this kind of marriages. But we can´t know, right?

So he can Marry in legal contract & divorce when ever he want !
Seems as it be the same as on temporary marriages......
I really Surprised to hear from Imanmajed memberthat there is Minority of Sunni sect accept Temporary marriage !
I´m a son of the truth. Some Sunnis on the Arabian Peninsula still practised this kind of marriage. This not mean that this procedure corresponds to my attitude. In my family this kind of marriages are not practiced and will be seen as illegal.
...the reason of allowing the temporary marriage is Man desires !!! Not women..
Often it is a desire by men. But if those men never find women anymore, who are willing for such a kind of marriage, what do you think will happen then? The part of the women is decisively. Don´t agree to such contracts and this form of marriage will no longer exist.

Well, we now have outlined the backround abundance. Time to come back to the actual main theme here, I think. SO: Whats happend with and around the wives of Sheikh Mohammed?

Last edited:
about me I say I’m sure sheikh Mohammed didn’t marry temporary , as long as he has children with every marriage ! IMO
And when I said he can marry in legal contract & divorce when ever he want ! ,, Because : east Or west it’s still legal marriage , Not silly marriage !

Sheikha Hind oversees the upbringing of her children, the other children of her husband and some of orphans she has adopted in the name of charity.
[/URL]

Why does sheikha Hind oversee the upbringing of the other children of her husband? Don't the other wives have any say when it comes to upbringing their own children?

Why does sheikha Hind oversee the upbringing of the other children of her husband? Don't the other wives have any say when it comes to upbringing their own children?

With the term "oversee" I don´t mean, that the mothers of the other children haven´t a say of the upbringing of their own kids. More likely is that Sheikha Hind defines her role in the capacity of a Minister of Interior within the structure of the family of al Maktoum. She is the "manager of the family" and preserved the internal structur of the whole in its stability.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, Imanmajed. I really appreciate it. :flowers:

I'm afraid I don't fully understand the role of sheikha Hind as "the manager of the family" as you put it and it may be because I have thought that sheikh Mohammed's children live with their biological mothers (except for the adopted children, of course) in separate households.

:previous:
Thats right. Each wive has her own household. It is certainly not easy to understand, especially if there are multiple wives. Some of the women with whom Sheikh Mo has children are no longer married to him. At least two women also no longer live in UAE permanently, but their children.

The family is a key social unit to an Arab. The loyalty to a family, or family name influences all aspects of family life the seeps into UAE society. As such, Arabs honour and respect their family. Since Sheikh Mohammed also married women who do not come from UAE, Sheikha Hind takes over the function of the knowledge broker in cultural and traditional things for the children of the non-Emirati women. She is supporter in the socialization of the children of the family of al Maktoum and taught them religious values (all kids are Muslims, even if the mother isn´t a Muslim). She also prepares all children for their future roles in the family hierarchy and in society and give them behaivioral patterns as Sheikha and Sheikh. In this way Sheikha Hind plays an important role within the ruling family by taking care of the equilibrium in the family.

I am 99% sure that Sheikha Hind does NOT oversee the upbringing of Sheikha Mahra. From the pictures posted by Mahra herself, its very clear that she's being WELL RAISED by her OWN MOTHER. I am sure that IF sheikha Mahra wasn't a well raised, great mannered, polite and smart girl her father would NOT let her take public roles. Because that would cause major embarrassment for the Al Maktoum Family. But we can see that sheikha Mahra is in fact bringing honor to her father. People that have met her says that she is humble and has a great heart for charity. God Bless Her :flowers:

I have described only, which role Sheikha Hind has in the family hierarchy. This does not mean that she personally and alone takes or has taken the education of other children. Also I have not claimed that the biological mothers have no share in the good upbringing of their children. Sheikha Mahra live together with her mother a long time (to my knowledge outside of Dubai mostly). After her 16th birthday Sheikha Mahra is presented to the public. For me, she is one of the best of Sheikh Mohammeds kids. May God protect and bless her always. :flowers:

I have seen Sheikha Hind. Sheikh Hamdan looks a lot like his mom, she is very beautiful and extremely nice

I think members here would like to know how she looks (maybe they want to see a picture). They want to know, what is her haircolor? Did she wear make-up? How old is she? What she wear? What she make the whole day? What she like to eat and where you meet her? How is her character? What she think about ........? All that what is interesting and satisfy the curiosity. Or you can say, the most (of course, not all - I know) want to know private things and forget the respect for privacy.

Sorry for my excitement, but personally think, that we haven´t the right to pull other people's "private things" which are hidden normally in public - unless with permission.

Well, I can understand that there are many things that the members here would like to know in order to understand or to classify one or the other better. But Sheikha Hind is not a public person deliberately. We should remember and ideally respecting, even if we are curios. Or I'm wrong? What do you think?

I cannot provide a picture of her as I don't have one. She is very pretty I think Hamdan looks a lot like her, her hair was black but she was wearing an abaya.. I think she must be in her 50's being born in 1962 but to be honest she looks much younger than that. And just to be clear I'm not her best friend so I don't know what she thinks about , what she likes to eat or how she spends her day. But she is very down to earth nd caring woman.

..... her hair was black but she was wearing an abaya..

She has covered her hair with an abaya????? How does it work? ;) I´m kidding. I´m sure (or hope) all know what do you mean with it. Have a blessed juma, sister! And forgive my impertinence, which is meant affectionately. :flowers:

For all who are new here and may not know what is meant:
Abaya = long black dress of GCC woman = covering the body
Shayla = mostly black and fine headscarf = covering the hair of the women and sometimes also their faces
juma = friday

Do you want to know more about the social and cultural traditions of the UAE and the other Gulf states? Visit the thread here on TRF: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-social-and-cultural-traditions-32797-59.html

Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
Thank you, lady blue! :) excuse my curiosity, but is Sheikha Hind tall and slim? Also, what's her skin tone (I mean, darker skin tone or lighter one)? One last question, does any of her children (for example, her daughters) look like her a lot besides Hamdan? Sorry for so many questions, but I couldn't help it! I'm such a fan of her.

Well I saw sheikha Hind too ,, but just I was in same place she was in ! ,,, I meant I'm not know her personally !!

as I see she looks like sheikha Maryam !! ,, Not know if lady blue agree with me about that too ?
And she hasn't ligh skin , like her daughters skin color , no idea what others consider it ,, but IMO tend to dark ,,, she's not short ,, her tall like sheikha sheikha , medium high IMO ,, I meant Max 1.68
But yes she's pretty lady , And she looks youngest than her age !

She is not tall I'm much taller than her, she has fair skin, she is more slim than fat but not really slim if it makes sense. I don't really believe any of her daughters do her justice, she is very beautiful !
In another note she is no way 1.68 that's way too tall for her or any of her daughters

So only Sheikh Hamdan bears some resemblance to his mother's beauty. Is that right, lady blue?
So my curiosity is already quite up. Lady blue, if you could relate Sheikha Hind physically to some famous personalities, who would it be?

Last edited:
WOW GIRLS! what a MAJOR difference we have here. Both claim they have seen Sheikha Hind yet one says she's fair skin?? (Hard to believe sorry.) The other says Sheikha Hind is medium dark skin color that looks like Maryam. (believable). I have seen Maryam herself say that she is her mother's copy. IMO Maryam and Salama is by far the only sisters that truly look like Sheikh Hamdan. So, Sheikha Hind is probably a combination of these 3 kids. Short or Tall? It's hard to believe that she's tall. (sorry) Sheikha Hind's kids are all short even Sheikh Hamdan. The only son of hers that you can consider it having a good height is Ahmed.

PS: One of you ladies is mistaken Sheikha Hind for another woman. :flowers:

Maryam does not look like her mom in my opinion, she is very fair in skin ( white) , short in my opinion (more like Futtaim) and more shubby than slim.

LV salama and Maryam look nothing alike.
The boys are average height ( east standards) with the exception of Ahmed and Maktoum.

I am sure that the lady I've seen is shiekha hind and she is very very fair in skin not like her daughters ( I think the kids take from their father)

...she is no way 1.68 that's way too tall for her...
I didn't say 1.68 ,, I said Max 1.68 ,, as I saw she's not short ! ,,, I said I saw her once ,, I not know her personally !!! & didn't see her many times , I said what I saw in that once !!

...LV salama and Maryam look nothing alike...
I NEVER said that Maryam and Salama LOOK ALIKE. I said...Of ALL sisters of Sheikh Hamdan (from His mother's side) Maryam and Salama are the ones that strike a resemblance to Sheikh Hamdan. Btw, at least from the only pic we have seen from Sheikha Hind when she was a girl she had a very dark tanned skin and DID look like Maryam. You probably saw someone else or even a sister of Sheikha Hind and thought it was her.

WOW GIRLS! what a MAJOR difference we have here...
I think, we haven´t differences here. Do you met Sheikha Hind personally? If not, it is impossible to judge anyone of the participants. The exact height of her is difficult to describe. Sometimes long dresses and heels on shoes deceive another height. Also the distance and the lighting conditions (skin color) from the one has seen her play a role. We have to thank the two ladies here, that they are willing to share their personal impressions with us. So be happy.
I NEVER said that Maryam and Salama LOOK ALIKE... Btw, at least from the only pic we have seen from Sheikha Hind when she was a girl she had a very dark tanned skin .......
Calm down GiRL. There is no reason for excitement. And the picture of Sheikha Hind: This is a photo only! An old photo! If I make one of you in low light conditions, then I can photographed a dark veil of shadows on your face. Then others will think you had a darker complexion. Just as well I can illuminate your face with a powerful spotlight and then your face is very bright at the picture. We do not know the external conditions under which the old picture of Sheikha Hind`s youth arose. As I recall, it is also colorless in a kind of yellowish sepia shot. Therefore, we can not be derived the exact skin tone of her from this old picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom