Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (1977- )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's called cut your losses and run. the article stated that this year had netted loses. i guess he is trying to get out before he loses anymore. after all, he was the primary investor which in the video if i am not mistaken he stated that to get this A1 grand prix off the ground takes 100's of millions of dollars. he did not state his part, but i bet it was over 100 million.

It might be also because he had problems within the company with investors?
there might be so many reasons but the last thing i think is the losses
It was his idea i don't think he would let go easily.....
i am sure there were problems ....
The A1 had alot of success.... and the idea is much better than F1 thats country against country... just like the world cup for football its much more excitement...
I am sure F1 being in business for the last 50 years wouldn't want a competitor.... so they would do anything to breakdowm A1....
A1 showed alot of success.....
and i don't think there were any losses....But i am sure there was dirty business against the company....
if it was cutting losses all the investors would also leave and close down the company...
i don't think he is more clever than him and he would leave and they would stay....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
definatley that wan't the reason....
the race is starting in holand

29/09/2006 - Satisfied with his motorsport creation, A1GP World Cup of Motorsport (A1GP) Founder and Chairman Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum has agreed to release his stake in a multi million dollar transaction to permit a broadening of the institutional shareholder base ahead of a planned initial public offering.
http://www.a1gp.com/news/index.php?flashNavId=1&newsid=377

i see what you are saying SalSabeel. obviously he held more than 50% share in the company. by selling the stock, it would broaden his shareholder base. however, the article in gulfnews did state the a1 suffered "heavy" losses in its first year. i am not a stockbroker, but he would have sold these stocks at a loss, right? he would have therefore lost money on his investment. i don't know if he might have realized that the a1 was up against a too established foe. the point about other investors staying is a good one. i guess we will have to wait and see. maybe losing 100 million is not a big thing to him. i will kill myself.

Finance 101

We don't know if Sheik Maktoum sold out at a loss or not. First, the transaction won't complete until the end of the month. Second, the value of the stock is what someone else is willing to pay for it. Not directly related to the losses of the organization over the past year. If the future investors thought A1 would eventually become quite profitable, they may be willing to pay much more than what Sheik Maktoum has invested to get in the door.

any idea how old is he?

and if hez married?

heart said:
any idea how old is he?

and if hez married?

I don't think that he will married in the future. I think he like to be free.

Greetings, this is my first post and while I was reading this section, I thought what happened to Sheikh Maktoum after he sold his a1 share, does anybody knows?

Where is he now?

Does anyone know whats happened to sheikh maktoum?

Someone told me he is getting married this year! true/false.

What new venture is he working on?

How do you contact this maktoum? or is he uncontactable!
Or he does not meet little people like us?

I saw him on TV at CNN Sports, I would say that he's a handsome Arab man.. It's quite impressive that he has a college degree and masteral studies...

I've just removed some off topic posts. Let's keep with the subject at hand.

Thanks

Lady Jennifer
Royal Family of Dubai Moderator

World Economic Forum nominates Sheikh Maktoum Hasher al Maktoum as Young Global Leader for 2007

photo ;) ( ISIFA)
article

Last edited:
jamila said:
World Economic Forum nominates Sheikh Maktoum Hasher al Maktoum as Young Global Leader for 2007

photo ;) ( ISIFA)
article

Go jamila!!!! :clap:
anyone wants to guess Sheikh Maktoum's age? i would bet... 30... please, don't say 28, those articules are old... Can anyone find out?

Does any one know what Sheihk Hasher Maktoum is doing now? After he sold his stake in the A1 Grand Prix series every thing on him has gone quiet.

He's a multi billionaire who runs multiple businesses. A1 was just a "hobby" for him. It was really the challenge of getting it off the ground which attracted him to it in the first place.

:) Thanks Royal Friend for the information. Well I will wish him well in his future endevours! :graduate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum al Maktoum has an facebook account too :)

desert-oasis said:
Thanks Azrayy, but what is a facebook account?

you r welcome desert-oasis, Facebook is a social networking website and many royals from all over the world have accounts in facebook.

Thanks Azrayy! Is there a special web site for this facebook that I could view or is it only for the Royals to use?

hi everyone :) i wanna ask you something, in sheikh maktoum hasher maktoums facebook profile it say he was born in 1983!!!! is there anyway that he was born in 1983 because he looks older.do we know his exact birth date??

azrayy said:
hi everyone :) i wanna ask you something, in sheikh maktoum hasher maktoums facebook profile it say he was born in 1983!!!! is there anyway that he was born in 1983 because he looks older.do we know his exact birth date??

Hi Azrayy! We are not sure if it is his profile exactly, right? Anybody could create a profile under his name and upload his photo. For example, at Facebook, there is also somebody named Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum .. :) On the other hand, if sheikh Hasher has his account at all , he can be using other name - or lie about his age. :) If anybody talks to this guy, pls kindly let us curious people know who is it!

Back
Top Bottom