Ruling Family of Dubai Current Events 2: Sep 2011 - Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Majid seems to be very active lately-he has supported an anti-tobacco initiative,handed out awards at the Global Dental Alliance (he also got a little token-probably some sculpture he can put on a shelve) and today he has visited "The Walk" at JBR to view various works under the fourth 'Dubai Outdoor Art Project.'Majid bin Mohammed tours 'Dubai Outdoor Art Project' | Dubai Culture and Arts Authority | AMEinfo.com (with a little picture)

Yes, that´s true. Sheikh Majid bMbR is Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. So that was exactly his area of ​​responsibility. In terms of health and charities, many members of the al Maktoum family are actively engaged in UAE and abroad.

Last edited:
Sheikha Salama & Sheikha Shamma Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum progressing Knights Pink convoy 10,Feb,2013

AlBayan : Sheikha Salama and Sheikha Shamma events on the eighth day of the march Knights Pink convoy - an initiative of Friends of Cancer Patients charity - that roam throughout the UAE to raise awareness of the need for early detection of breast cancer and provide free Tests for citizens and residents through mobile clinics for the pink convoy was chosen Sheikha Salama and Sheikha Shamma to be Ambassadors for the Pink convoy .

2 Pics
سلامة و شمه بنت محمد بن راشد تتقدمان فرسان القافلة الوردية - البيان

That´s very sad news,how old was Sheikh Butti´s mother?
To Him we belong and to Him shall we return....

Dubai is hosting the 4th edition of mass weddings at Zabeel Park
today at 8pm. The event is held under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, UAE Minister of Finance and chairman of Dubai Municipality. The occasion were be organised by Dubai Municipality since 2010. This year 53 couples will tie the knot at the ceremony.

Dubai

Last edited:
Thank you xavi I hope today we can see Al Jalila and Zayed at Dubai World Cup.

Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures & video,xavi83!
Al Jalila looked so adorable and cute,especially with this flowy pink dress!To me she seems much more serious in this pictures,but I can imagine that the event must have been a rather dull one with all the long speeches for a young girl.
She has a very intelligent gaze and is not so restless and more calm than in previous videos.
Here a few links about the main purpose of the foundation,I am sure it is going to be extended in the future:Shaikh Mohammad sets up Jalila Foundation | GulfNews.com
Foundation´s twitter account:https://twitter.com/aljalilauae

Also happy for yet another "Majid-sighting",seeing Sheikh Majid and Sheikha Al Jalila in one place and looking so pretty and fresh is a nice occurance which makes me forgive him for chosing the white kandorah again-instead of heading my fashion advise to wear colours from time to time!(I am only glad he did not chose to go for partner look with his sweet half-sister and did not wear a pink kandourah :p)

Cute! Al Jalila is no more fidgety as before. But still difficult for her to sit still and disciplined for a longer time. She was a little bit tired I think. It seems also, that she dislike to be kissed by her brother in public (Majid at the beginning of the video - perhaps the unfavorable section in the image transition led to this conclusion). But for her age, she does it well! Mashallah! She is soooooo sweet. Very cute the little lady!

Last edited:
I think Al Jalila is absolutely adorable,a very nice girl with an interesting personality,I would adopt her in a minute! Also cute Sheikha Shema bint Nasser,they are so sweet!I am just afraid their parents won´t let them go away,they are such precious little personalities:)
Nothing unusual for a girl to be bored among grown-ups,especially when they hold endless speeches.
I also get bored with endless talks,because most of the time they say very little with a lot of words...also some people have absolutely no rhetorical skills and than they are testing the nerves and endurance of their poor listeners who either can´t go away or stay because they don´t want to be impolite and leave during the sleep-improving speech;-)
Do you think Al Jalila felt unwell with her brother? To me he seemed to look after her in a nice,caring way,but young kids are often cautious with other people,even my niece needs some time to let me come closer or when I want to take her on my shoulders, as I don´t see her every week.

Last edited:
Do you think Al Jalila felt unwell with her brother? To me he seemed to look after her in a nice,caring way,but young kids are often cautious with other people,......

I think, Sheikh Majid is a very amiable, calm and gentle person and look after his little sister Al Jalila like she would be a precious jewel. I can not imagine she felt unwell with him. The unfortunate cut of the image sequences and the fact of the public performance will probably have been crucial, that she seems a little "not amused" while being kissed by Sheikh Majid from the viewer's' perspective.

Last edited:
adorable indeed once grow up let's hope to see Al Jalila involved with the foundation.

Dubai falcon reception before DWC 2013 , princess haya and al jalila

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn...tfmt=sportNews&date=1364578019417&type=sports

OMG Thank you very Much for that link ,,, The Video is really Incredible ,, they Brought my tears when I saw Sheikh Mohammed Huged AlJalilah , he huged her with Longingly & Love ,, it was really Amzaing hug ,, May God protects them to each other ,,, And was sooo sweet when Princess Haya smiled when they called her name :flowers:

Last edited:
Dear Sheikha Deena,you can join us in our exclusive Al Jalila appreciation club,she is such a darling! No wonder she is so loved & adored by her parents,she truly is a cute little Princess:)
They all looked very happy in that video of the Dubai falcon reception, also I like the interiour of that Asian restaurant were they held the speeches,it looks beautiful,especially with the lighted lampion lamps and the pretty flower decorations.
Nice speech from Princess Haya,very sweet of her to tell the story about her husbands "growing ambitions",he is one of those people who are never satisfied with what they have acchived,even when it is more than others have got.While it is a character trait that will make you unhappy and frustrated sometimes,it is the only way that leads to excellence and distinguished accomplishments.

Yes, I am sure of that! Thanks for sharing these beautiful videos of her & welcome in our Al Jalila appreciation club,xavi83! Nice to have you on board:)
:rose:

Last edited:
Al Jalila Foundation

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, issued Law No 10 of 2013 which stipulates that the foundation will be a non-profitable entity aimed at improving health care services in the UAE.

Al Jalila Foundation to raise Dh100m in 2013 | GulfNews.com

Well done,hopefully the foundation will be able to do lots of good services for the society in the future!

Sir Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman of Emirates Airline, retired on Sunday and received a touching tribute from Shaikh Ahmad Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group.

In his speech Shaikh Ahmad told that he had shared an office with Sir Maurice for nine months when they started Emirates Airline in 1985, and added in a warm and personal tribute: “I learnt a lot from Sir Maurice. Indeed, when you see some good in me, you see what Maurice taught me. My bad habits are my own.....On this sad occasion Sir Maurice retires from the company, but he will remain part of the Emirates family, and Dubai will always be his home”.

Thank you Sir Maurice Flanagan. He is a great man and deserves honor! Respect for his performance! May God blessed him and give him a long life!

Sir Maurice Flanagan, Executive Vice Chairman of Emirates Airline, retires | GulfNews.com

His Highness Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts at the closing ceremony of the Global Village Dubai in the presence of partners and participants and media on 3rd April:

Shaikh Majid at closing ceremony 1
Shaikh Majid at closing ceremony 2

@blauerengel: Please pay attention to the choice of colour of Shaikh Majid! Hope you will smile now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes,I noticed,he is making my day :flowers: Maybe he ran out of bleaching powder for his favourite white kandourah,so he changed to black,even though he had to fight his unwillingness to surrender to my sartorial dictate...but at least he finally did...now I am happy;-)

Oh yes,I noticed,he is making my day :flowers: Maybe he ran out of bleaching powder for his favourite white kandourah,so he changed to black,even though he had to fight his unwillingness to surrender to my sartorial dictate...but at least he finally did...now I am happy;-)

;) We are pleased to have made ​​you happy so easily......

Shaikha Latifa Bint Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurated a heritage centre at the Sakina Bint Al Hussain School yesterday as part of an educational initiative to foster cultural awareness and strengthen Emirati national identity.

Third Dubai school gets heritage centre | GulfNews.com

UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum attended the opening of the 2nd Dubai Global Energy Forum (DGEF) on 15th April.

The opening session was attended by Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chief Executive of Emirates Group and Chairman of the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Heads of government departments and bodies in the UAE.

Wetex 2013 - Dubai Global Energy Form 2013

Shaikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum launches TEJAR Dubai to nurture Emirati entrepreneurs. The initiative supports young Emiratis in the private sector of the economy and trains them for the successful implementation of their professional ideas.

gulfnews.com/business/general/shaikh-majid-launches-tejar-dubai-to-nurture-emirati-entrepreneurs-1.1185182

Al Jalila Foundation has announced the launch of its first programme, Ta’alouf, to tackle children’s developmental disorders that include conditions that may impair a child’s physical, behavioural, learning or language skills.

Al Jalila Foundation launches first programme | GulfNews.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Justice is foundation for stability: Mohammed - Emirates 24/7

"Sheikh Mohammed welcomed the lawyers and discussed with them matters related to law and justice.
He stressed the importance of justice as a foundation for stability and security of the community. He also expressed pride to see more Emirati men and women entering the legal profession.
Sheikh Mohammed hosted an Iftar banquet for his guests."

Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance, was named Personality of the Year by the Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassaemia Award in recognition of his efforts to improve the lives of thalassaemia patients in the region and beyond.The announcement was made today (Monday) at a press conference at the palace of Dr Shaikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Advisoer to the UAE President and the patron of the award.

Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid given Personality of the Year Award | GulfNews.com

Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid chaired a brainstorming session with his work team at Emirates Towers. During the session, a number of ideas, initiatives and projects were discussed. Shaikh Mohammad said that an open discussion and the exchange of ideas with work teams help produce better ideas that can have higher rates of success. CP Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad was also present.

Mohammad chairs brainstorming session | GulfNews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom