Princess Haya and the FEI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before the upcoming FEI World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany, starting next week (shown on Eurosport, for any fellow equestriennes on TRF) - the FEI website has announced that their President, Princess Haya, will give a press conference on 27 August at the games' press centre.

During the press conference, Princess Haya will "present her views for the future of the FEI and horsesport in general and will speak of the goals of her presidency", after which she will take questions.

Good news, and hopefully we'll get some pictures and TV clips from that.

Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan, President of the International Federation for Equestrian Sports (FEI) and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum, gives a press conference on the opening day of the FEI World Equestrian Games 20 August 2006 in Aachen, western Germany.from newsmakers.com

3-1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures. I would like to see her speaking. Can someone posting a video about it?

Thanks in advance

I really wish she wouldn't dye her hair. It is so nice when she's a brunette.

desertrosemrk said:
Haya hopes to return as competitor

Aachen, Germany: Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain, Wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said she would return as competitor soon.

http://www.gulf-news.com/sport/Endurance/10061639.html
That's quite an interesting thing to hear, but I do wonder if she really will compete while she's President of FEI. I dout it, but who knows. Of course it would be nice to see here riding again, but FEI must keep her very occupied.

"This team at the FEI has been one of the most experienced and talented and I really enjoy being part of this family. It does make up for my not being on the field" Nice quote from the article :)

thank you ZZZ for the photos! lovely pics there, if only the watermarks didn't obstruct Princess Haya's beauty. :mrgreen:

Princess Haya looks absolutely radiant in Germany. I look forward to seeing more of her in the coming days. She has always seemed like an independent and strong person to me but she has really come into her own this past year or two. She also seems very happy.

Some more pictures (Gettyimages and Reuters via Yahoo)

I couldn't agree more, Humera! She absolutely is glowing these days. I think she has found her niche--with the FEI and WFP and other activities commemorating and building on her mother's ideas--and it shows. Just looking at her in these photos, she is poised, radiant, happy..... Very nice to see!

sommone said:
I really wish she wouldn't dye her hair. It is so nice when she's a brunette.

I agree with you 100% on this point! She is lovely as a brunette. It sets off her natural coloring and she looks so pretty. Early photos of her mother show she was a brunette then dyed her hair to a dark blonde. Sometimes, I wonder if Princess Haya is trying to emulate her mother when she starts in with the coloring.

From Gulf News, published: 08/23/2006 12:00 AM (UAE)

wegendurance22aug2006li0.jpg

France win equestrian team gold (endurance)

The President of the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain, Wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, distributed the medals to the individual and team winners at an impressive ceremony yesterday.

Princess Alia Bint Al Hussain, President of the Jordanian Equestrian Federation, awarded the Best Conditioned Horse award to French rider Pascale Dietsch whose horse Hifrane du Barthas was the fittest after the finish.

Full article: http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/HorseTrials/10062076.html

Christof Koepsel/Bongarts/Getty Images

I saw Princess Haya at the cross-country today, they showed a short sequence (seconds) of her standing near the course talking to a man. No pictures though so far, but here are two from yesterday:

AACHEN, GERMANY - AUGUST 25: President of the FEI Haya of Jordan kisses the winner Isabell Wertth of Germany who rode on Satchmo, at the podium as the second placed winner Anky van Grunsven of the Netherlands looks on, on the podium after the Individual Dressage Final Special at the World Equestrian Games on August 25, 2006 in Aachen, Germany. (Photo by Christof Koepsel/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Bronze medalist Andreas Helgstrand from Denmark waves during the medal ceremony of the World Individual Dressage Grand Prix Special Championship at the World Equestrian Games in Aachen, western Germany, on Friday, Aug. 25, 2006. FEI president Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, centre, and silver medalist Anky van Grunsven, Netherlands, stands beside him. (AP Photo/Hermann J. Knippertz)

I think she looks great , I feel that she loves what she is doing .

I would love to see picture of her from this event in the picture of the month thread .

GrandDuchess
thanks for the pictures..the first one is really nice..there is just 1 UAE rider who will compete in the showjumping this week..hope he do well :)

I was quite suprised by Princess Haya's win as president of the FEI over Queen Margarthe's sister. But I think she is handling the job very well. I hope she continues to handles her role with grace and class to help raise the profile of Arab women.

maryshawn said:
I couldn't agree more, Humera! She absolutely is glowing these days. I think she has found her niche--with the FEI and WFP and other activities commemorating and building on her mother's ideas--and it shows. Just looking at her in these photos, she is poised, radiant, happy..... Very nice to see!

Agreed she radiates something she is so obviously happy!!! While i'm not a huge fan of what she wears i love the way she does her hair and makeup. She looks so regal.

Bravo for the pics, i in did like then. I saw the games and i love like Haya act in all of then, she was nice and warm with all the medalist. She is doing a great job i hope she do more and more.

Princess Haya donates 100,000 Dollars to Aachen Therapy Centre
Nobody could quite believe it at the Kohlshof in Aachen, which increased the joy even more: H.R.H. Princess Haya of Jordan is supporting the Therapeutic Riding Centre with a donation of 100,000 Dollars. "I am simply speechless," said Kerstin Keus, Manager of the "Riding Therapy Centre in Adventure Land".
"This is amazing and probably the biggest donation that therapeutic riding has ever received."

http://www.aachen2006.de/aktuell/2006/0828SpendeHaya_e.htm

New FEI secretary general appointed
At an Extraordinary Bureau Meeting, held in Aachen, at the FEI World Equestrian Games yesterday, Michael Stone (IRL), 49, Acting FEI Secretary General since 12 May, was approved and appointed to become the new Secretary General of the Federation Equestre Internationale.
http://www.horsetalk.co.nz/news/0608/123.shtml

DUCTAC to open arts centre in September
Under the patronage of Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of H. H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister Ruler of Dubai, Dubai Community Theatre and Arts Centre (DUCTAC) opens the first phase of its cultural legacy project, the ’’Manu Chhabria Arts Centre’’ in September.
http://www.dubaicityguide.com/geninfo/news_dtls.asp?newsid=2152

Princess Haya looks wonderful with that color. I can see that she enjoy what she do. Good Job Princess Haya.

She rarley looks good. Color nice, suit not as nice. Hair and make-up as usuall

Last edited:
that blue suit is gorgeous, wow she looks good. the less said about the pink outfit the better omg

have seen her yesterday in aachen, she sat not that far from me during the showjumping contest. :)
just want to say, she looks really beautifull in reality and she smiled :D. I wished I could have taken pictures, but I wasn't allowed to take my reflex camera there :(

Haya values

By M. Satya Narayan Staff Reporter

Less than six months after becoming the youngest-ever President of the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), the international governing body for all equestrian disciplines, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain has embarked....
http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Show_Jumping/10064349.html

World Equestrian Games in Aachen
Princess Haya of Jordania and Dubai, President to the International Equestrian Federation, during the jumping team ceremony at the FEI World Equestrian Championships, in Aachen, Germany, on August 31, 2006. Photo by Edwin from www.polfoto.com

ImageHandlerServlet.jpg

That's a nice picture of Haya. Love the over the shoulder look.

She really looks nice!
Wonderful hair and great skin, she really sparkles!

Back
Top Bottom