Prince Bernhard's Illegitimate Children

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
monos26 said:
I found Juliana's acceptance of this appalling. What kind of example did that set for her daughters?

I wouldn't call it appalling. These were other times and definitely other social circles than the ones we're used to nowadays. She handled the whole thing with dignity and I won't love her less for handling the situation the way she did, to be honest.

The late Prince Berhand had guts to admit he had fathered two illegitmate daughters from two different women knowing this would the talk of the whole town forget that the whole world in this case. People love a juicy scandal and this one of those poor Alicia and Alexia their caught in the middle because of their father's not so good decisions and his late wife Juilana took his faults and accepted them not once but twice Berhand had cheated on her and he had fathered a child form both women. His other four daughters' Beatrix, Irene, Margit, and Christina must have been angred to know their father cheated on their mother two different times with two diffrerent women. It is sad that Alicia and Alexia did not want to attend their father's funeral atleast they had the chance to say good bye before he had passed.

Prince Bernhard behaved like a ruthless macho. Inviting extramarital daughter to palace was like slapping his legitimate daughters faces, for them both half sisters probably were living proof of their father infidelity and lack of respect to their mother. And inviting Alexia's mother to palace? I should not say too much bad things about the man who passed away, but I have feeling he never loved any women in his life and never loved either of his children. Maybe having six children with 3 different women were something like proof of fertility to him. Maybe being macho he felt very unconfortable being just a consort. So he decided to treat his wife as one of his women only and children with her only as one of his many children. Sort of poligamic man not devoted to women and not to children.

I don't think one can compare the way he treated Alexia or Alicia with the way he had a relationship with his other daughters. He naturally saw his legitemate daughters much more often, while the relations with the other two were much less frequent and discrete. Though I agree it doesn't show a lot of respect to his wife, I am glad that he actually paid attention to the exisstance of the other two daughters and did not abandon them all together as so many other fathers do to children born out of their marriage.

Bernhard, unfaithful prince
Beatriz of Holland distributes with her extramarried sisters the inheritance of his father

The American Alicia de Bielefeld and French Alexia Grinda, the two extramarried daughters of the deceased prince Bernardo of Holland, father of the present sovereign Beatriz and husband of the previous queen, Julian, has received an advance of their inheritance. Although its existence was only confirmed by its ancestor in an interview published for a reason or purpose posthumous in 2004 by the metropolitan newspaper Of Volkskrant, Bernardine it wanted to distribute to his legacy to equal parts among them and their other four legitimate daughters. These last ones, princess Irene, Margarita and Cristina, in addition to Beatriz, have fulfilled part of these desires now sending 800,000 euros to their foreign sisters.
The sum comes from the valuation of three buildings property of the prince that follow lived and on that the regal quartet preferred that Alicia and Alexia did not demand their rights. The press finishes keeping awake the agreement, but it is not clear still if it will happen the same with the rest of the inheritance, calculated in about 200 million.
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/agenda/Bernardo/principe/infiel/elpepuint/20070330elpepiage_2/Tes

fanletizia said:
Bernhard, unfaithful prince
Beatriz of Holland distributes with her extramarried sisters the inheritance of his father

The American Alicia de Bielefeld and French Alexia Grinda, the two extramarried daughters of the deceased prince Bernardo of Holland, father of the present sovereign Beatriz and husband of the previous queen, Julian, has received an advance of their inheritance. Although its existence was only confirmed by its ancestor in an interview published for a reason or purpose posthumous in 2004 by the metropolitan newspaper Of Volkskrant, Bernardine it wanted to distribute to his legacy to equal parts among them and their other four legitimate daughters. These last ones, princess Irene, Margarita and Cristina, in addition to Beatriz, have fulfilled part of these desires now sending 800,000 euros to their foreign sisters.
The sum comes from the valuation of three buildings property of the prince that follow lived and on that the regal quartet preferred that Alicia and Alexia did not demand their rights. The press finishes keeping awake the agreement, but it is not clear still if it will happen the same with the rest of the inheritance, calculated in about 200 million.
ELPAIS.com - Bernardo, príncipe infiel - Internacional

See also this post

H. Jacobs´ Royal Blog has an article about Alicia de Bielefeld. Apparently her complete name is ´Alicia de Lippe von Bielefeld´. Her mothers last name is ´Weber´.

I remember reading recently that Alicia´s mother had something to do with the Nazi´s. She was an illegitemate child of a Nazi official or something like that. Perhaps somebody else has the complete story.

Boulevard magazine ´Prive´ claims they have found the 6th daughter of prince Bernhard, Alexia Lejeune. Take a look here, inside the magazine they put on the centerfold page the portraits of the 6 daughters of Bernhard next to each other btw. Many people doubt that this is actually Alexia Lejeune, as no recent pictures of her are known so nobody can confirm it is her (except the ´anonimous´ sources of ´Prive´.

Alexia Lejeune´s brother (Cyril) and a nephew (Fabrice) have denied that the lady on the picture is Alexia Lejeune, they say it is a friend of the family. RTL Boulevard has an item on it, here.

Website Zijonline claims that this all was a trap of the RF, they had a courtier confirm to Prive that this was Alexia, to make Prive magazine look idiotic... sigh, always nice these conspiracy theories... Article in Dutch here.

Some pictures of a young Alexia, her mother Helene on the website of Alexia´s (half)-brother Cyril Lejeune, here.

And according to royalblog it is unsure if Alexia still lives in France, some sources say she lives in Paris now, read more in Dutch here.

And here the website of Fabrice Grinda, apparently there are old pictures of Alexia to be found there.

Courtesy: ATR

Last edited:
Prive's mistake

To me this shows once again how silly and bad the dutch gossipmagazines really are. They never really check AND doublecheck their sources.

I'm certain Prive will try to blame SOMEONE for this major error (probably in next weeks issue), but really, they have no one to blame but themselves. They should imho refund everyone who was naive enough to buy their magazine this week. Even if this info was given to them by a 'trusted source' all they had to do was CHECK ONLINE or contact one of her relatives and they would have seen this story was nonsense.

Zijonline is just another gossipsite imho. But even if the RF tried to trick Prive - which I don't believe, sorry - even then I'd say: good for them!

RTL's Peter van der Vorst showed the boulevard magazine 'Weekend' in RTL Boulevard. It had in enormous letters 'Next week: Prince's Bernhards secret daughter in Africa'. Peter van der Vorst said that Marc van der Linden (journalist who works for 'Weekend') might have found the real Alexia Lejeune. Of course it is shameful advertising as Van der Vorst has a column in 'Weekend' spin-of 'Royalty' and Marc van der Linden is a guest presenter of RTL Boulevard.

RTL's Peter van der Vorst showed the boulevard magazine 'Weekend' in RTL Boulevard. It had in enormous letters 'Next week: Prince's Bernhards secret daughter in Africa'. Peter van der Vorst said that Marc van der Linden (journalist who works for 'Weekend') might have found the real Alexia Lejeune. Of course it is shameful advertising as Van der Vorst has a column in 'Weekend' spin-of 'Royalty' and Marc van der Linden is a guest presenter of RTL Boulevard.

The real Alexia Lejeune?What nonsense,she is Madame Grinda's daughter,Helène Grinda,Paris that is.She might be on a holiday or whatever in that continent,but what a way to "promote",shameless.I could so easily write them down in two words,but I'll be nice and refrain from doing so,today,the sun is shining.....:bang:.

And Marc van der Linden was promoting his magazine in RTL boulevard, he said he found Alexia indeed and that she resembles her half sister Alicia de Bielefeld and Prince Bernhards mother Princess Armgard.

Weekend has published pictures of the real Alexia Lejeune, :

Cover

Posing with a friend

Apparently she has left France and is travelling a lot recently.

---

Here a clip of Marc's search for Alexia (shown on RTL Boulevard).

Last edited:
Hello, just a question

Hi I'm new here, I see that this is a fairly old thread but it seems the last post is up to date so I thought I would jump in.

I just noticed in one of the above threads that the late Prince is rumored to have also fathered 2 sons. How would I find out more about that? I joined this forum because I enjoy the history behind the Royal Families so much, but I ask this because I believe it is possible that I may know where one of the sons is.

I don't want to post any of his information without asking first, but his last name is quite long and it includes the late Prince's name spelled correctly. Do to his circumstances he was not aware of his birth name until a few years ago but I have seen his birth records and they are unusual and do list that name.

So if anyone could point me in the proper direction to research this more I would greatly appreciate it and I will ask him if he would like to share anything.

Thank you in advance and thank you for this wonderful forum.

The two sons that Bernhard supposedly fathered are only mentioned by 1 loony author, mr. Kikkert. he has all kind of conspiracy theories like Beatrix had a twin brother who died at birth. He also was convinced that Beatrix would make her son marry a royal princess, he even went as far as to select a few. All nonsense of course.

In Kikkerts theory the 2 'sons' of Bernhard were produced during the war in London with a lady Gordon-Orr. (Gossip)journalists tried to find these guys but apparently they do not exist.

And there would be no reason for Bernhrad to recognise 2 extramarital daughters but not recognising any other extramarital children, so... in overall I find it highly unlikely that Bernhard had ill. sons too.

Juliana's father, Prince Hendrik, however had a couple of ill. children by Mien Abbo. Pim van Lier was notorious as he was looking for publicity in the early 80-ties.

Last edited:
Thank you Marengo.

Thank you for such a quick response, I only mention these questions because my friend gave me permission to research his background.

A little more information, my friend has told me that Prince Bernhard was not aware of him (the pregnancy at all) until 2002. This is when my friend had his original birth records released due to claiming a health issue. It was the only way to get them. He is fine now. Afterwards he wrote several letters to the Royal Palace? and at first was answered by a secretary? then later a assistant to a lawyer representing the Prince, after sending documents and the few photos he had the Prince's private secretary wrote back. Then correspondence between the Prince and my friend continued from there.

They did meet in person in New York, and he says the Prince was very warm and a complete gentleman, but also someone you were comfortable with. He (the Prince) admitted a relationship with my friend's mother but was unaware of the pregnancy which is correct according to the documents left by his mother.

I don't know everything that was discussed , or even most of it at this point, but the Prince did NOT lie in the interview. He did have 6 daughters, no one thought to ask about sons, and at that time he wasn't aware of any anyhow. After he became aware of my friend I guessing he did not feel the need to go back and update the interview.

It is interesting to me that the Prince and my friend both had very similar childhood illnesses. Since the Prince has passed away is there a DNA database available to prove one way or another someone's claims?

From what he tells me, he and the Prince saw no reason to bring him into the spotlight, my friend is a self made man, educated and intelligent. He did all this on his own coming from a hard background and didn't want anyone saying he made it because of his family. I am only researching some with his permission.

I'm not interested in the kooky guy, and the Pim van Lier, person seems like a wimpy killing loser. So what resources could I go through that might help me further? Especially any online resources.

Thank you again, Rick

He wasn't aware of any anyhow?Odd.As you state they contacted in 2002.
The interview was released the day after his funeral in 2004,and that very interview had been recorded in
the ample time/few months before the Prince died,over a full two years after your alledged friend and HRH first contacted.

No need to update any interview,there hadn't been one yet,not this perticular one,he would have certainly told everything
in there if it had to be in there,he cleaned up big
time and would have certainly mentioned that too.Not that that boy could claim anything at all.And no,there
is no DNA data base.Most certainly not in the case of a member of the RF.

Another thing.Since at least the year 2000 HRH has/had not been in New York City.
Africa,yes,NY/US no.

In other words,use whatever prase you're comfortable with,but I don't believe a syllable.End of story.Total bogus.Sorry.

Last edited:
Lucien, thank you for taking the time to answer. As I said I have very little to go on thats why I'm here. I do trust my friend but I am looking into this for him and partly to lay my own doubts to rest.

You mentioned the Prince has not been in New York in a while, how would I confirm that? And according to him (my friend) the interview was well before they had met, if it wasn't then that puts a big whole in his story.

I have a big question of my own, Does anyone know if the late Prince Bernhard spoke English? My friend does speak French and German but not Dutch. He has never mentioned anything about a translator so it has always bugged me.

To me from the little I know it almost seems like this interview was the Prince's confession, setting the record straight as it were, regardless of anyone's opinion. To leave something this big out would have cheapened the whole attempt he made to come clean.

Thank you again for your time and replies, Rick

No need to confirm if the Prince visited NYC,suffice I tell you here he didn't in that period,sorry.

We all speak english here as well,so did the Prince,and german and french and spanish and italian.
So,if it's just the translator bugging you,if that's all that ever bugged you,life has been kind to you.

Last edited:
I have a big question of my own, Does anyone know if the late Prince Bernhard spoke English? My friend does speak French and German but not Dutch. He has never mentioned anything about a translator so it has always bugged me.

I'd guess prince Bernhard spoke German.:D

Magazine HP/De Tijd has an interview with Alicia de Bielefeld in this weeks issue. Luckily her cancer seems to have cured, the treatments succeeded. The inheritance has been settled too.

Courtesy: Joris at the BRMB

--
Royalblog.nl has an article about it, some info:
- Alicia bought a villa near Fairfax, California
- Alicia says that she always knew her father loved here, even though they didn't meet that frequently
- Alicia says that she thinks that of all the sisters she resembles her father most
- When Alicia had cancer, non of her halfsisters contacted her (also Alexia). She understands it is painful for them to be reminded of their fathers infidelities
- The six sisters shortly met after the death of prince Bernhard. Alexia and Alicia were however quickly put in a hotel on the countryside, to be hidden from the press
- Alicia says she didn't want to start a family of her own due to bad experiences: her father was usually absent while her monther was an unpleasant woman. Alicia is not in touch with her mother.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Last edited:
Victoria Aitkens told the British magazine Hello! that it is very well possible that her father, Jonathan Aitkens is an illegitemate son of prince Bernhard of the Netherlands.

Do the illegitimate children have own families with children?

Not really surprising I would say, I wonder how many more will pop up. Mildred was conceived in 1945 during the liberation. Apparently marc van der linden will publish a book soon about 'the women of bernhard', during his 4 year search he found mildred. The story is supported by her mother and a former mayor. Mildred was born in the bronovo hospital in the hague, and it was covered up by the donner family (of the present minister of social affairs. Tonight both mildred as van der linden will be interviewed in knevel & van der brink on the EO. Good news for the publisher i guess.

Right royal scandal
The mass readership of De Telegraaf woke up this morning to find the news splashed across the front page that Queen Beatrix’ father, the late Prince Bernhard, “had another child”. After the prince's death, it was revealed that he had two illegitimate daughters. This would be a third.
De Telegraaf wisely puts its headline in quotation marks: this is not a hard fact, but an allegation. It’s made by “royalty reporter” Marc van der Linden in his book, Prince Bernhard’s Women, which, the paper helpfully fills us in, comes out tomorrow.
The woman in question is Dutch, 65 years old and lives abroad. She is said to have been the issue of “a passionate encounter of the prince” during the heady days around the liberation of the Netherlands in 1945.
About halfway down the page, we read that we shouldn’t get too excited though. Professor Doctor Cees Fasseur, who has himself written a “best seller” on the prince, assures us: “The royal archives are full of letters from people claiming to be members of the House of Orange.”
http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/press-review-tuesday-23-august-2011

I am curious if this is true. Either its false or Bernhard himself didnt know about it, otherwise he would have included her in his post-mortem sweeping swipe. Same goes for everybody else claiming to be Bernhards child, seems to be a popular thing to do :p

If indeed there are more children will they be retroactively included in the distribution of the estate of the late Prince?

Back
Top Bottom