The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved how during the balcony appearance yesterday, PC held little Eliza up, so she could see!

That was kind of an interesting moment. In watching the replays, it looked like Camilla tried to pick Eliza up at first but found her to be too heavy. Then Charles volunteered, presumably to reduce the strain on Camilla's back.

And I love that one of the pictures of Charles holding Eliza appeared in the the palace's official Flickr stream. Perhaps Charles is thinking as a man who is preparing to become a grandfather...
photostream

Eliza is a little beauty! What is wrong with Camilla's back, may I ask?

Eliza is a little beauty! What is wrong with Camilla's back, may I ask?

I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with her back for certain, but she had the same expression I had when I found my friend's 3-year-old son was too heavy for me to carry! :lol:

Also, some of the transcripts from the lip readers claim that Camilla was saying the word "heavy."

From speaking to a number of friends who have had hysterectomies they have all commented that even years later picking up things like little children is a strain. Now I am not saying that that is the problem but just that others who have had the same operation have experienced difficulty lifting things - and yes years even decades later.

I thank all of you for your helpful answers. I was just curious as to whether or not there was a definite medical reason...

From speaking to a number of friends who have had hysterectomies they have all commented that even years later picking up things like little children is a strain. Now I am not saying that that is the problem but just that others who have had the same operation have experienced difficulty lifting things - and yes years even decades later.

I second this as I sit with a heating pad on a very sore lower back that I felt pull the wrong way lifting something simple early this morning. Camilla has 4 years on me too. I've often seen mentions of "back problems" over the years in reference to the DoCornwall and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

ef2e71e7-2fcf-44c2-9c4c-0b7c80a5e958-big.jpg

I don't know about Camilla's back, but I was wondering what Prince Charles did to his eye. This is from a series called "AP Wedding Pictures".

PrincessKaimi said:
I don't know about Camilla's back, but I was wondering what Prince Charles did to his eye. This is from a series called "AP Wedding Pictures".

He probably did nothing to it. Sometimes those hemorrhages just appear (usually while asleep). Doctors aren't really sure why they appear...heavy sneeze, allergies maybe. It's a broken blood vessel...it's not painful though...it's just looks that way.

Last edited:
Well that's too bad. I've had mine for 17 years (due to cancer) and nary a problem.
I thought HRH was quite capital at the wedding!

You are most welcome, TortillaChips :flowers:

Today, May 11, the Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Prince Charles presented Operational Service Medals to soldiers from 9 Regiment Army Air Corps
who have recently returned from Afghanistan, he took the Salute at the Regiment‘s Freedom
of Boroughbridge Parade and attended a reception in Boroughbridge Hall, Boroughbridge, North
Yorkshire, May 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife ** belga **

** Prince Charles meets the troops in Boroughbridge **

:previous: I think the uniform really brings out the Prince Philip in Charles, which, IMO, is very nice to see!

:previous:

Possibly for some more days, he hasn't any official engagement listed untill Saturday.

Here are two pics that have been released:

Prince Charles accompanied by Nat Page of ADEPT biodiversity conservation foundation as they
visit a small independent milk collecting and processing center in the village of Saschiz, in
Transylvania province, Romania, 15 May 2011.

** Pic ** belga **

The Prince of Wales received an honorary degree from London Business School
during a ceremony at St James's Palace in London yesterday, May 23, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Yesterday, June 8, the Prince of Wales attended the War Widows' Association of Great Britain's 40th
anniversary commemorative service and reception at Wellington Barracks in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

And he attended a special performance of Shrek The Musical at the Theatre Royal in Drury Lane, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** zimbio gallery **

Today, June 22, the Prince of Wales attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic ** gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom