The Prince of Wales Current Events 10: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Those are wonderful pictures. The joy on that mans face that met Obama after he was knocked over is beautiful. The man does make people happy. Thank you very much. And Welcome :flowers:

Pics 11.6.2009

Prince of Wales during an investiture ceremony at
Buckingham Palace, London, June 11, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Solar electricity project in Ethiopia, Ugandan biomass scheme to prevent deforestation and a Surrey school that halved its electricity consumption among winners of Ashden Awards

Prince Charles presents Ashden Awards for innovative environmental projects | Environment | guardian.co.uk

Olympic hero Chris Hoy was knighted by Prince Charles on Thursday, as his thrilled mum picked up an MBE.
In a nod to his Scottish heritage, the delighted Edinburgh-born cycling ace wore a smart blue kilt for the ceremony

Day of family pride for Sir Chris and his mum as they are honoured in Buckingham Palace - hellomagazine.com

(It is not a 'nod' to his Scots Heritage, it is de rigueur for an occasion such as this)!:rolleyes:

Hey thanks for the welcome. I feel like i should of called myself longtimelurker or stalkergirl lol. I have been quite the lurker on this board. I feel like I know everyone, but no one knows me.

PRINCE Charles has gone for German-made Audis for his sons – just weeks after sympathising with recession-hit British car workers.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Charles blasted for German deal
----------------------
Vauxhall may be made in the UK but are they not an American based company, applying for liquidation? The 'blame' is put at Charles' door but surely the deal was made by William and Harry.

The Prince of Wales meets Senegalese musicians during a reception
at Clarence House for supporters of the African Medical and Research
Foundation, London, 12 June 2009.

-----> Pic

Prince Charles rejects BBC tribute show.
Prince Charles rejects BBC tribute | Mail Online
Richard Kay has a very rose-tinted view of how popular the Royal Family and Prince Charles were in Wales in 1969. On the very day of the Prince's investiture the Welsh nationalists planted & exploded bombs witnin hearing distance of the Prince's tour. I wonder if the BBC intend to pay 'tribute' to this. I strongly suspect Prince Charles has greater popularity across Wales now than he did in 1969.

The Prince did contribute a lengthy interview to an 90 minute programme broadcast by the BBC less than 6 months ago. So he probably feels quite rightly that he's said enough recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles has so many receptions at Clarence House, its a wonderful idea.

A gamekeeper has been fined £450 after a badger was killed by a snare on Prince Charles's estate on Royal Deeside

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Badger death Royal worker fined

I do hope this man is dismissed, the agony the Badgers would have endured before they died doesn't bear thinking about, all because he failed to do his job.:nonono:

Property prices are still too high for many people in the countryside despite the market slump, the Prince of Wales warned.

Prince Charles: Property is too expensive in the country - Telegraph

Pic 19.6.2009

Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales meets Lance Cpl James Taylor
from King's Lynne, who served in the The Royal Engineers and was
wounded in Afghanistan, at The Royal Centre for Defence Medicine
where Taylor is being treated, at Selly Oak Hospital, June 19, 2009
in Birmingham, England.

------> Pic

I love the contrast in that picture of Prince Charles and the wounded soldier. jeans and a t-shirt, smart saville row suit. :flowers:
Thank you for the picture.
It's nice to see Prince Charles visiting troops back from fighting, especially as both sons wish to return to the war. :)

The Prince of Wales has paid a morale-boosting visit to British troops wounded in Afghanistan.
Charles met injured servicemen and women at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM) at Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham, in one of his regular trips to the unit

The Press Association: Charles visits injured troops

Prince Charles is to give the prestigious Dimbleby Lecture on TV next month
and is expected to speak about global challenges and the environment.
His invitation to give the renowned BBC address comes 20 years after his father was the speaker

Prince Charles to give Dimbleby Lecture | Mail Online

Congratulations Charles for the honour of the Dimbleby Lecture. And of course the royal family are still going to be well of despite of the credit crunch. But at least Prince Charles is putting some of his money to good use. :flowers:

The Prince of Wales likes to think that he knows what it is to be in tune with the environment. What better way to respond to harsh economic conditions than to show that he can stand on his own financial feet?

Prince Charles: one national institution that doesn't need bailing out - Times Online

For a royal who was once rumoured to ask his valet to squirt toothpaste on to his toothbrush for him, the idea of belt-tightening may seem alien. But even the Prince of Wales is feeling the pinch from the recession.

It's Charles and Camilla's economy drive – she even has to wear the same dress twice | UK news | The Guardian

Prince Charles recalls cadet days of polishing boots, remarking: 'I still bear the scars'

The Prince of Wales reminisced about his time cleaning boots as a cadet on a visit to a school, joking "I think I still bear the scars".

While at the school, the Prince also announced a new Welsh youth initiative called Young Dragons, under which all of the uniformed youth organisations in Wales are joining forces. He said the initiative was born out of a conversation he had with North Wales Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom on the Royal Train a year ago.

"I must say it's taken me 25 years or more to get to this point. It always seemed to me an awful lot of wasted potential and human assets were also being wasted here. So many young people respond to this opportunity, particularly at that stage in life where so often it seems you need a bit of challenge and adventure," the Prince said.

"Long ago when I was young I joined the Coastguard, can you believe it? When I was at school in Scotland. In those days we would practice the entire drill for rescuing people on the cliffs and man a watch tower on the cliffs up on the Moray Firth hoping an aircraft carrier would run aground so we could go to a rescue."

I never knew Prince Charles had joined the Coastguard. :rolleyes:
His new Youth Initiative sounds promising (as do most of his projects, actually). :)

:previous: Gordonstoun has had it's own fire brigade, coastguard station and mountain rescue team for many, many years.
-----------------------------------------

The Prince of Wales has made a donation to two charities helping farmers affected by the collapse of the Dairy Farmers of Britain.
Dairy Farmers of Britain recently went into receivership, leaving many small farmers facing severe financial hardship as they struggle to find a company to collect and pay for their milk. Others have not been paid for milk they have supplied.

The Prince of Wales - HRH donates money to charity to help dairy farmers in hardship

Town Mayor Hywel Roberts said the Town Council wrote to him last year inviting him to visit in 2009.
Mr Roberts said: “Because of his busy schedule he was not able to fit in a visit” adding that there were no plans for any celebrations to mark the anniversary in the town

Daily Post North Wales - News - North Wales News - Prince Charles snubs Caernarfon visit

A high street supermarket chain will take over 700 acres of a Scottish stately home saved for the nation by Prince Charles.
Morrisons is to set up a sustainable research farm at Dumfries House near Cumnock in Ayrshire and Charles, the Duke of Rothesay, is said to be "delighted" by the development

Supermarket To Farm On Estate Saved By Prince (from The Herald )

How beautifully sweet that sounds. Nathalie must have been incredible proud when she recieved the return letter from the Prince. :)

The Prince of Wales says he is heartbroken by the death in Afghanistan of a colonel in his Welsh Guards regiment.

UK Soldiers Die In Afghanistan: Lt Col Rupert Thorneloe And Trooper Joshua Hammond Killed | UK News | Sky News

The most senior British officer to be killed in action in Afghanistan was a man well known to Prince Charles, it emerged last night

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/Prince-sad-at-Afghan-death.5426030.jp

The Prince of Wales said that he was "mortified" by the death of Lieutenant-Colonel Rupert Thorneloe, the most senior British officer killed in Afghanistan.

Prince Charles 'mortified' by death of Rupert Thorneloe in Helmand - Times Online

:verysad:

How sad. :sad:
Rest in peace, Lieutenant-Colonel Rupert Thorneloe. You join the ranks of the British heroes, who gave their lives for their country. :britflag:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom