The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Oh really?Did you join 'm between the sheets...? Or did they ring you afterwards for an astray...?...Really...
Lucien - Thats a classic comment, that needs to be framed!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajat View Post
He didn't need to travel to Canada or the USA. She went to Highgrove in 92 and that's the last time they slept together.
If that's the case how come Wendy Berry, the housekeeper at Highgrove until the spring of 1993 made no mention of this visit in her published diary? After all if she had her fees from the tabloids woul have shot up no end!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

March 12

Prince Charles is expected to reinforce an invitation to Pope Benedict XVI to visit Britain extended by Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, three weeks ago, when the prince visits the Vatican at the end of April.

Prince Charles expected to invite Pope to Britain -Times Online
Old 03-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Prince Charles warns of catastrophe caused by increase in Alzheimer's - Telegraph

Old 03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well I agree with him to some extent. I am really very proud of the Prince for everything he campaigns for.
x
Old 03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I struggle to believe that as he was not yet officially separated from Diana, she would have stayed at Highgrove, without the press or Diana making it an issue.
It seems to me that Prince Charles didn't care whether his wife had/made an issue with him commiting adultery, as evidenced by the longtime affair he was conducting with Camilla. Certainly his wife made her feelings on his adultery with Camilla abundantly clear, and doubtless would have done so about whomever else he was sleeping with as well.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

So you're ultimately agreeing that if it had happened with the Jenkins woman at Highgrove in 1992, Diana would have made an issue of it? Good.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Certainly his wife made her feelings on his adultery with Camilla abundantly clear,.
Did she, the only mention I recall was in the Panorama display added to which, I'm surprised she had the time! This gets totally boring when you come out with the same old unconnected, incorrect statements.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I seem to recall Diana making her views clear at Camilla's sister's birthday party. But, tempting as it is, I think this probably belongs in an ancient history thread, not current events.

Do we have an ancient history thread? Maybe we need one. It wouldn't be pretty but it might be fun.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Majesty

Does anyone remember the tabloid story of years ago about Janet Jenkins son? IIRC she or the paper was suggesting, without really coming out and saying it, that Prince Charles was the boy's father. This would have been during the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I seem to recall Diana making her views clear at Camilla's sister's birthday party. But, tempting as it is, I think this probably belongs in an ancient history thread, not current events.

Do we have an ancient history thread? Maybe we need one. It wouldn't be pretty but it might be fun.
Ahh, but that was according to Diana, years later was it not?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Nobility

janet jenkins

I remember that and I really wasn't following P.C. closely. She said that they had been together in x month and 9 months later she had a blue eyed baby boy who was now 16.

This only applies to current events because of the letters. I read them on Ebay. They are kind of boring-nothing salacious just a lonely guy on a boat talking about his day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Does anyone remember the tabloid story of years ago about Janet Jenkins son? IIRC she or the paper was suggesting, without really coming out and saying it, that Prince Charles was the boy's father. This would have been during the 90s.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a 2001 article where Janet Jenkins gives a fascinating account. It has the son as being 16 in 2001 though, so he wasn't conceived in 1992.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Majesty

Ken Wharfe describes the incident also in his book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Ahh, but that was according to Diana, years later was it not?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Majesty

I think that I'll have to go and wash out my eyes now. This is an interesting line re the alleged tryst in 1992: "I was extending comfort to a friend just as you might at a funeral." The mind boggles.

Quote:
Here's a 2001 article where Janet Jenkins gives a fascinating account. It has the son as being 16 in 2001 though, so he wasn't conceived in 1992.

I went to his bedroom to borrow some toothpaste but we spent the | Sunday Mirror | Find Articles at BNET
Old 03-18-2009, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Ken Wharfe describes the incident also in his book.
I have not read his account of his time with Diana, so thank you.
Quote:
The woman needs treatment!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

How boring sounds that ´toothpaste -story´ of Janet Jenkins... it only makes me yawning ...If a woman wants to make money with her intimate experiences with the Prince she should create something more reliable...
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Oh this article makes me laugh.
Okay if she was making love to the prince would you notice a piece of potteryware with a not from his grandmama I don't think so.
Toothpaste; i'm sorry but you really bother the prince for toothpaste?
I wouldn't i'd ask a member of staff?
x
Old 03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, the only thing I can think is that since they'd already enjoyed a liason earlier in life, that perhaps she felt just a ok about asking Charles to borrow his.

< ed Warren: removed irrelevant material >
Old 03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Love letters from Prince Charles to Janet Jenkins sold for £20,000 on eBay - Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...dy-claims.html

"Prince Charles' Duchy Originals ordered to remove 'misleading' herbal remedy claims."

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales