Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 14: February-May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would show online the Duke's paintings! I've seen so many pics of Prince Charles's paintings,but never of the Duke's. Where can I see the Duke of Edinburgh's works of art without going to the exhibitions?

Was The Duke also at the Vimy rededication?

Yes CasiraghiTrio, The Duke of Edinburgh was also present n Vimy Ridge. :)

Caterers Scramble For Royal Tastes As Queen Elizabeth Attend Derby

Queen Elizabeth can expect a very special high tea when she attends the Kentucky Derby next month. The queen will watch the famous Louisville horserace on May 5 and caterers are flying in Earl Grey teas from around the world after Buckingham Palace hinted it is her favorite afternoon drink.
Gil Logan, chef at Levy Restaurants at the Churchill Downs racecourse, has enlisted the help of Mark Nethery, master roaster at john conti Coffee Co., in his search for the best cup.

Queen and Prince Philip to mark Romsey's 400th anniversary

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip will pay a Royal visit to Romsey this summer to mark the 400th anniversary of the town's Royal Charter.
The royal couple will visit Romsey for the first time in four years to celebrate the moment King James I handed the town its Royal Charter in 1607, giving the community independence.
The charter effectively put the town on the map and meant civic officials could appoint their own mayor, aldermen and police officers.

Avalon said:
Yes CasiraghiTrio, The Duke of Edinburgh was also present n Vimy Ridge. :)

Thank you! I looked in the articles and none of them mentioned he was there. It was all The Queen this, The Queen did that. I noticed one picture of the Duke there, but he was not even in the caption! It was very odd.

The Queen 'Devastated' By Prince William Love Split

The Queen has been apparently left "close to tears" following grandson Prince William's split from Kate Middleton.
The British monarch was known to get on particularly well with Kate, and is reportedly "devastated" her five year relationship with Wills came to an end this week.
A source tells The People, "She thought William had judged it perfectly with Kate and had learned from the mistakes of his father.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=30500

Village sign's Royal seal of approval

The Duke of Edinburgh unveiled a new village sign at a Norfolk village - just as he and the Queen had done almost 50 years before.
In 1957, the then Norfolk Boy Scouts' Association, had presented a gift to the Queen of a carved and painted village sign for Anmer, which is on the Sandringham Estate, to commemorate the first 50 years of scouting.
The Duke of Edinburgh, unveiled the sign, before spending time chatting to villagers, dignitaries and scouts, who had attended the informal ceremony.

Picture: Prince Philip unveiling the new village sign

Special day pays tribute to Duke

A video message from Stephen Hawking will be played to the Duke of Edinburgh when he is in Cambridge to celebrate 30 years as chancellor of the university.
Prince Philip will come to the city on Tuesday to mark the special occasion by taking part in a day of activities including the official opening of the Stephen Hawking building.
The new accommodation and conference building will serve Gonville and Caius College.
Prince Philip took up the post of chancellor in 1977 and in addition to his formal duties he makes regular visits to the university to observe its developments.

Queen shocked by shootings

Queen Elizabeth is said to be "shocked and saddened" by the Virginia college campus killings, which left 33 people dead yesterday.
British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett also extended her condolences to the families of the murdered students.
Speaking at the United Nations in New York, she said: "Can I first say how appalled everyone is by the terrible news from Virginia.
"Our deepest sympathy and our condolences of course go to that community and to all of those whose families are directly affected."

The Queen was amused
by BRIAN LAGHI, The Globe and Mail

The Queen was amused

former prime minister Jean Chrétien said yesterday that he had just been given a pen by then-prime minister Pierre Trudeau with which he was to sign the document. As he sat down to affix his signature, Mr. Chrétien, then justice minister, found the pen wouldn't write, prompting him to utter, in French, a profanity that caused the royal chuckle.
"I said merde and the Queen laughed. She's perfectly bilingual and she understood very well what I said.

Interesting I Understand one of The Tsars Daughters said that French Pharse (Although I Have an Idea im still not quite aware of what traslates into as English? :p

HM celebrates her 81st birthday today,april 21st.

(due to the time difference,it's already past midnight here,hence....)
:flowers:

A completely non-surprising and expectable results. :)

Queen Elizabeth Holds Throne For Best Leadership Skills In Poll

Queen Elizabeth has been voted number one in the world for her leadership skills.
The monarch saw off stiff competition from entrepreneur Donald Trump, U.S. presidential candidate Hilary Clinton and football manager Alex Ferguson, to top the poll conducted by learndirect business.

Royal Fan said:
Interesting I Understand one of The Tsars Daughters said that French Pharse (Although I Have an Idea im still not quite aware of what traslates into as English? :p

It means the sh word :)

THE QUEEN IS A GUNNER

Aston Villa may be able to claim the support of a future monarch, but the current incumbent supports Arsenal, it has emerged.

The Queen is a Gunner - Yahoo! News UK

Was it ever in doubt? :lol:

ROYAL DESIGNATION A RARE ONE

QUEEN Elizabeth II, who celebrated her 81st birthday Saturday, looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband, Prince Philip, to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.

ROYAL DESIGNATION A RARE ONE - Pagesix - New York Post Online Edition

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
QUEEN Elizabeth II... looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband, Prince Philip, to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.
We have a hitherto-unknown royal insider, from an entirely unexpected source: "royals commentator Richard Mineards, columnist for the Santa Barbara News-Press..."

Skydragon said:
QUEEN Elizabeth II...looks likely to bestow the title of Prince Consort on her husband to mark the occasion of their 60th wedding anniversary later this year.
I'm puzzled why Prince Philip has not been given the title before now, if it is true.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Friday 20th April The Day before Her Majesty The Queen's 81st Birthday Members of The Royal Family gathered with The Queen and HRH THe Duke of Edinburgh to attend the Service for The Royal Victorian Order are there any pictures about?

Thanks

Please, has anyone found any pictures of the Scouting parade at Wndsor Castle, 22 April 2007?

Uganda: Queen to Host Banquet in State House Entebbe

Queen Elizabeth II will host the official dinner for the visiting Heads of State to the Commonwealth meeting scheduled for November at the newly constructed State House Entebbe, Parliament heard yesterday.

allAfrica.com: Uganda: Queen to Host Banquet in State House Entebbe (Page 1 of 1)

Threat to Queen puts Uganda Commonwealth summit in doubt

Concerns for the safety of heads of government and Queen Elizabeth at a planned Commonwealth summit in Kampala, Uganda, in November have put the meeting in doubt, The Times reported on Thursday

Threat to Queen puts Uganda Commonwealth summit in doubt - Yahoo! News

That portrait has to be one of my favourites of Her Majesty in recent years.
Thank you for posting it Her_Majesty. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom