Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 13: November 2006-Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 30.11.2006

Queen Elizabeth II meets staff at the Caledonian Club during a visit to open the club's new wing on November 30, 2006 in London, England. (Photos by POOL/Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Queen 1 Phillip
Queen 2

Say what they will about Stavros you gotta love his wit! His quips just crack me up!

Stavros?? Who's Stavros?

I read in Sarah Bradford's book on Diana that she used to jokingly call Prince Phillip "Stavros". I found it rather amusing! :lol:

lord_rankin said:
I read in Sarah Bradford's book on Diana that she used to jokingly call Prince Phillip "Stavros". I found it rather amusing! :lol:

She meant it as a put-down, though. I'll bet she never said it to his face! :ohmy:

Oh I see. How funny that woman was.

Well, at least she recognised Philips Greek roots, as his in-laws did their best to make the ugly Greek goose a beautiful English swan :)

And for Greek we read Danish. :lol:

You can't blame a man for wondering out loud what other people have thought privately. Rank has its priviledges with getting away with this sort of things.:lol:

Queen Elizabeth Invites Choir To Sing At Buckingham Palace

Queen Elizabeth recently invited a council estate choir to perform at Buckingham Palace and delight her with beautiful harmonies.
The monarch reportedly took a liking to the Blackbird Leys singing group, after seeing them on the reality TV show, "The Singing Estate," which followed the efforts of 40 residents of one of country's most

queens party at ritz hotel 5/12

there are lots of pictures of the queen and family last night at the ritz hotel at rex.features

sorry dont know how to put them on

Young royals put on the Ritz for Queen's 80th birthday party

The Queen hosted a belated party at the Ritz Hotel last night for her closest friends and courtiers to mark her 80th birthday, which was earlier in the year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/06/nritz06.xml

The Queen

Prince and Princess Michael

Lady Helen Taylor

Earl & Countess of Wessex

Beatrice Eugenie and Beatrice

Crown Prince Pavlos and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal

All the above are from the Telegraph article, The two below are from POLFOTO.

The Queen 2 Duke of Edinburgh & The Queen

Last edited:
Guests included...

From Skydragon's Telegraph link above:

"Guests included the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and Peter Phillips with his Canadian girlfriend Autumn Kelly were also present, as was Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor, and former King Constantine of Greece."

Quite an introduction to the Royal circle for the new Lady Nicholas Windsor!

Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Helen Taylor, Lady Soames and Crown Prince & Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece also attended.

Last edited:
Joan Rivers was there too. I saw Joan live in London last year and she said, "Oh Charles and Camilla are good friends of mine - and the mother, the mother loves me. The Queen just adores me". So maybe she was right!

BeatrixFan said:
Joan Rivers was there too. I saw Joan live in London last year and she said, "Oh Charles and Camilla are good friends of mine - and the mother, the mother loves me. The Queen just adores me". So maybe she was right!

Right you are, Beatrixfan. Joan Rivers was there as well.
Here is her picture.
Interesting to hear about her last year interview - they must really like Joan to invite her after it! ;)

Last edited:
It's good to hear that Her Majesty is back to her normal self! I am hoping that she will beat Queen Victoria's record as the longest reigning monarch in British history.

great great night and great party! the queen look absolutly espectacular! the countess of wessex, princesses eugenie and beatrice look great too.
this is the last parto for elizabeth's birthday?

Didn't Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence attend the party ?

Long live the Queen!

How many parties has she had now....she should turn 80 everyday!

Thanks to all for the great pics! I love seeing the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and the new Lady Nicholas Windsor. Lady Helen Windsor looks lovely as well. No pics of of the Chattos and Linley's. And gosh..that Joan Rivers...she looks a HOT MESS! She needs to stay away from the surgeon's knife and the botox. She looks like a cat!

Autumn Kelly has been everywhere this year! Instead of talking about William marrying Kate...I am surprised no one has mentioned Peter marrying Autumn.

Zonk said:
Long live the Queen!

How many parties has she had now....she should turn 80 everyday!

Thanks to all for the great pics! I love seeing the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, and the new Lady Nicholas Windsor. Lady Helen Windsor looks lovely as well. No pics of of the Chattos and Linley's. And gosh..that Joan Rivers...she looks a HOT MESS! She needs to stay away from the surgeon's knife and the botox. She looks like a cat!

Autumn Kelly has been everywhere this year! Instead of talking about William marrying Kate...I am surprised no one has mentioned Peter marrying Autumn.

Just wait until next year 60th Anniversary of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh.

Re: Autumn Kelly, there were rumours this summer that there was a wedding being "penciled in" for 2007 (at the time people said it was William) I am willing to bet that it is going to be these two.

What a wonderful evening and event, so many family members together, thanks a lot for the pics! The Queen looked very good in her blue dress, Lady Helen was wonderful and so were Bea and Eugenie, here are some more pics:

birthday party 5.12.2006

iceflower said:
What a wonderful evening and event, so many family members together, thanks a lot for the pics! The Queen looked very good in her blue dress, Lady Helen was wonderful and so were Bea and Eugenie, here are some more pics:

birthday party 5.12.2006

The Queen looked wonderful! Did anyone else notice the bandage on her hand? I wonder what happened?

The Queen looked stunning in her blue gown! I drooled over her jewels. :)

Queen Anne Marie wore the same gown she wore to Frederick and Mary's wedding...and then again to a state visit in Denmark. One would think one would wear a gown which was not so heavily photographed at an important wedding.

Also, Sophie was wearing as a necklace the tiara she wore to the opera during the time spent in Monaco for Albert's coronation... I would still love to know the origin of this fabulous jewel...

Lady Helen Taylor....never makes a wrong move fashion-wise..flawless!!!

I love when they do the parties that invite all the family - it was great to see Lord Nicholas with his new wife - and the dresses looked flawless. Countess of Wessex looked stunning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom