The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,184
What harm is she doing exactly?
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #242  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
What harm is she doing exactly?
None that I can see Lumutqueen. A mother and daughter go shopping, what they bought and who paid for it is their own business.
The criticism seems to be the presence of a security officer with Eugenie.
Even though she is their Mother I don't think Sarah has any real say regarding her daughters security. If Andrew got Sarah's car repaired that is up to him.
__________________

  #243  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,184
The withdrawal of the protection was never officially announced - and it might have been a slow withdrawal. Mother and daughter shopping, what Sarah does with her money is her problem. She is doing no harm to the BRF by shopping with her daughter. It's good that they get to spend this time together.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #244  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 1,415
Spending time with her daughter and shopping is no big deal. It is the style in which she chooses to do so that is ridiculous and is simply fodder for those who constantly complain about the cost of the BRF. Shopping and spending time does not require a chauffered Bentley, IMO. :) And though I question the real need for a protection officer that is not really an issue either.
  #245  
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 11,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Spending time with her daughter and shopping is no big deal. It is the style in which she chooses to do so that is ridiculous and is simply fodder for those who constantly complain about the cost of the BRF. Shopping and spending time does not require a chauffered Bentley, IMO. :) And though I question the real need for a protection officer that is not really an issue either.

As both Beatrice and Eugenie are quite wealthy in their own rights - thanks to the trust funds established for them at the time of their parents divorce it is possible that it is Eugenie's idea to use the Bentley.
  #246  
Old 05-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I have to wonder if it might be her and Andrew's idea of keeping their daughters "out front" with all the (useless) activities and chauffered automobiles. If they don't want to deal with parking they might want to try hiring a cab.
Prince Philip comes to mind who drove around London in his own taxi cab (constantly flashing the "occupied" sign) to avoid publicity for his comings and goings... On reading this Mail-article it seems to be a well-thought through idea!
  #247  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,368
What?

Prince Phillip drove a tax cab London? This is the first I have heard of that.
__________________
.

  #248  
Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM
FergieFan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 147
"Mother and daughter go shopping" - typical DM non-story, whereby they pick any aspect of the York ladies' day-to-day lives (shopping, eating out, etc.), and work up an overblown sense of outrage over their supposedly extravagant lifestyles, before hordes of their moronic readers spew out their bile and hatred into the comment section.
As for the Bentley - do these people expect them to take a bus, or what?
__________________
"There is no triumph without struggle, no wisdom without misjudgement, no character without getting knocked down and picking yourself up again".
- Sarah, Duchess of York
from Finding Sarah: A Duchess' Journey to Find Herself (2011: Simon & Schuster, New York)
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
  #249  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
"Mother and daughter go shopping" - typical DM non-story, whereby they pick any aspect of the York ladies' day-to-day lives (shopping, eating out, etc.), and work up an overblown sense of outrage over their supposedly extravagant lifestyles, before hordes of their moronic readers spew out their bile and hatred into the comment section.
As for the Bentley - do these people expect them to take a bus, or what?
A few thoughts.

1) IMO, the criticism of Sarah comes from the fact that not that long ago, she tried selling access to a member of the BRF for money, presumably because of her own dire financial situation. As a result of this financial situation, some people have lost their jobs, reportedly former employees were not paid all their dues, creditors have had to settle for less than what was due to them......... all very unsatisfactory. Too then see Sarah eating at some of London's most expensive restaurants and enjoying trips to exotic destinations regularly is clearly not very palatable. You can refer to DM readers as moronic (and there may well be an element of truth in that!), but you cannot argue with Sarah's continued lapses of judgement.

2) As regards the Bentley, Sarah has been using that for some time now. If I am not mistaken, it was a present from Geir Frantzen, the Norweigen businessman with whom she was reported to be in a relationship some time back. It has since been reported that Geir himself has had financial issues.

That aside, it is rather an expensive automobile that very few people use. Does Sarah really need to travel every where in a chauffered Bentley? Whats wrong with getting a taxi- thats what most well to-do people in London do. Ever seen Charles, Camilla, William, Harry, HM or Philip (unless they are in their official state limousine) use such an extravagant car? C&C tend to use Audi's and Jaguars, and HM & Philip use a Jaguar or a Land Rover / Range Rover for private use - all cost substantially less than a Bentley Flying Spur to either buy or run.
  #250  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,368
Lets not turn Eugenie's thread into a rehash of Sarah's issues.
__________________
.

  #251  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
What?

Prince Phillip drove a tax cab London? This is the first I have heard of that.
Just google "Prince Philip" and "London Taxi" and enjoy the stories that will come up about it. He even had it converted to eco-friendly fuel at some point...

Here's the quote from the official webpage of the British Monarchy:

85. The Duke, like many others, became concerned about the quality of the air in London in the 1960s and acquired an electric vehicle produced by Bedford, with a Lucas electric motor, and Chloride batteries for use in London. When these vehicles ceased to be produced, he acquired a London Metrocab Taxi, painted green, with an engine fuelled by liquid petroleum gas. The taxi was not required to pay the London Congestion Charge when that was introduced. It is still in use in 2011.

From: http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...Edinburgh.aspx
  #252  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,289
Exactly, Muriel. Legally, Sarah is again a commoner. For her to appear to have a Royal lifestyle at the same time that she's financially insolvent, when her creditors have had losses, is in poor judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, the criticism of Sarah comes from the fact that not that long ago, she tried selling access to a member of the BRF for money, presumably because of her own dire financial situation. As a result of this financial situation, some people have lost their jobs, reportedly former employees were not paid all their dues, creditors have had to settle for less than what was due to them......... all very unsatisfactory. Too then see Sarah eating at some of London's most expensive restaurants and enjoying trips to exotic destinations regularly is clearly not very palatable.
  #253  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,368
Again, the purpose of this thread is not to rehash Sarah's transgressions. Its Eugenie's Current Events.

Any and all additional posts that continue to talk about Sarah's bankruptcy and/or her life will be deleted without notice.
__________________
.

  #254  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,289
Sorry, Zonk; I forgot what thread I was in.
  #255  
Old 05-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,184
Another quiet night for Harry and Eugenie... Drink-stained pair leave nightclub looking dishevelled | Mail Online
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #256  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 430
Credit where credit is due, the knives aren't out. Seems the posters aren't minding this. Might be cause Harry's out with her but it sure is nice to see something the York girls do not being blown out of proportion.
  #257  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,184
Perhaps because we haven't seen her since the wedding. Or the security withdrawal has calmed them.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #258  
Old 05-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,368
Or because they realize that as a student who isn't taking night classes, she has a right to go out and enjoy herself like other students.

Honestly if the tabloids would stop following Eugenie and reporting on her non royal engagements, and recognize that she is a full time student....perhaps she wouldnt need security.
__________________
.

  #259  
Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,308
I think it's crazy that Pss E (and her sister) don't have security. I still don't 100% believe it. I'm not saying the British taxpayers should foot the bill, but the BRF has enough $$$ to pay for it out of its own pocket. In this day and age, with terrorism (or the threat of it) to the left and right, not to mention crazy and desperate people out there, I think it's an awful risk to have the York girls unattended ~ these are HM's grandchildren, after all. I know the argument is that neither Peter nor Zara Phillips have protection and they are also grandchildren of the Queen, but they are not as high profile as Pss B & E, nor do they have the title. And while that might not entirley matter, I do think that if some lunatic wanted to get some attention or whatever, kidnapping a royal princess would get far more attention than abducting a banker or an equestrian.
  #260  
Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I think it's crazy that Pss E (and her sister) don't have security. I still don't 100% believe it. I'm not saying the British taxpayers should foot the bill, but the BRF has enough $$$ to pay for it out of its own pocket. In this day and age, with terrorism (or the threat of it) to the left and right, not to mention crazy and desperate people out there, I think it's an awful risk to have the York girls unattended ~ these are HM's grandchildren, after all. I know the argument is that neither Peter nor Zara Phillips have protection and they are also grandchildren of the Queen, but they are not as high profile as Pss B & E, nor do they have the title. And while that might not entirley matter, I do think that if some lunatic wanted to get some attention or whatever, kidnapping a royal princess would get far more attention than abducting a banker or an equestrian.

One could argue that Zara is more high profile considering her career.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
princess eugenie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank, Current Events 1: October 2018 - JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 39 Today 02:48 AM
Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010 Elspeth Current Events Archive 546 04-23-2010 12:12 PM
Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 4: June-October 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 241 10-30-2008 01:21 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" baltic republics bonaparte british royal family camilla charles china christian ix clothes current events dailyfail danish royal family daughter de belgique duchess of cornwall duchess of sussex duke of sussex duke of york earl of wessex emma fashion felipe and letizia general royal discussion gloucester harry and meghan her children interesting facts introduction jack brooksbank jacobite juan carlos king king felipe king felipe vi lady louise mountbatten-windsor meghan markle modernization monarchy northampton norwegian royal family osborn patronages plantagenets porphyria prince charles prince daniel prince harry prince harry of wales princess louise princess of belgium prince william public opinion queen letizia queen maxima royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal family royal geneology royal wedding sarah ferguson soldier state visit sweden the crown titles uk styles visit from spain wedding wedding of prince harry windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises