The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Heir Apparent

That would be good to see. In the immediate Royal Family (i.e. descendants of the queen their spouses), the next youngest woman performing royal jobs is Sophie! I know that William and Harry's wives will have higher public profiles someday, Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek101 View Post
I read an online article on the HELLO!magazine website stating that apparently Beatrice and Eugenie are to have a more active role in "the firm"

Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Beatrice and Eugenie are here and with us now.
They are? I see them more as mini mummy's than anything serious and could the palace forget that the person they most aspire to be like is Sarah?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Considering how much charity work Sarah does (more than some royals, btw), they could aspire to be worse things.
Royal for sale, $50 for me $1 for charity!
Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Do we have a breakdown of Sarah's charity expenses and donations? If so, it would be an interesting post for her Charities and Patronages thread.
Good grief anyone would think you and kimebear were a double act! The question was rhetorical but now you mention it, IIRC there was an interesting article, probably in the bowels of TRF that said only a tiny percentage of money raised from the sale of her ????, (jewelery range, candles, soaps etc) went to charity. Would 1cent ring any bells, it was an American article I believe!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Footloose and fancy free Eugenie sets off on grand tour of Asia - to learn about Oriental art | Mail Online

Princess Eugenie goes on grand tour of Asia. She is really beautiful.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Royal Highness

How exciting! A grand tour of Asia--that sounds very interesting. I hope she enjoys herself very much.
And, I agree- she is beautiful--both York girls are beautiful.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Princess Eugenie had just left death hotel - Times Online
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a perfect example of why I think that the York Princesses should have a protection officer. These officers have connections with police forces and have international resources and diplomatic resources that regular "bodyguards" just don't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Mumbai attacks: Princess Eugenie stayed at Taj Mahal hotel before attacks - Telegraph

apprently eugenie left the taj hotel short before the attacks.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder what length of time "shortly" is.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, and I wonder whether this is simply sensationalist reporting or whether the terrorists thought that she might be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Richard Kay says "just days before" over at the Mail: Princess Eugenie 'very shaken up' after narrowly escaping terror attack in Mumbai.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

British Newspapers love a bit of drama, that is why I questioned the shortly. All those poor people dead and all they can think of is that Princess Eugenie checked out a few days before......
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 12-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Eugenie rang her parents Sarah, Duchess of York, and Prince Andrew in the immediate aftermath of the Mumbai attacks to assure them she was fine. The young royal, who's on a gap-year visit to India, was staying in the city's Taj Mahal hotel, the scene of many of the incidents, shortly before terrorists struck.

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Oh, I wasn't questioning the validity of your statement, Menarue - I agree that it's rather typical (and sad) of some of the celebrity-obsessed press to turn a horrific story like this one into another celebrity news item. I was just clarifying with a link, that's all.
I understood Ella. It just makes me mad sometimes. Someone is murdered and a soap opera star was just three blocks away and he gives his impression of how he survived the terror of the moment etc etc....
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

What chills me, is l last night on the news they said a week before the attcks the Indian police took a man into custity for being a terriorist looking around Mumbia. I thouhgt what if they hit a week ahead when the Princess was there.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more person would have died. Everyone would be tremendously upset but the other people who died matter too to their families and and friends, I am glad she wasn´t there but I would be much much happier if nothing had happened and if no one had died at all.

Tags
princess eugenie