Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 5: October 2008-April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rocks may have been pebbles knowing what the tabloids are like, from what I have read between the lines it was just an attempt to grab a "foreigner´s" purse and they would have no idea who their target was and when they saw that the group was accompanied by two men (WE know they were Eugenie´s security) then off they went venting their frustration by throwing things (rocks, boulders, pebbles or even sand).

Gap years are a well established British tradition and the economic collapse hasn't stopped thousands of teenagers to go and enjoy one.
As Elspeth has already said, not a well established tradition for ordinary school leavers, just something fairly new. Years back, those with money did school, finishing school and then traveled to experience new cultures. Those out of uni got on with finding employment, if they hadn't already found something through the old boys network.

Is Eugenie experiencing new cultures, it doesn't appear so, no mention of trips to areas of beauty or interest, no visits to museums, just another holiday of sun and alcohol.

As Elspeth has already said, not a well established tradition for ordinary school leavers, just something fairly new. Years back, those with money did school, finishing school and then traveled to experience new cultures. Those out of uni got on with finding employment, if they hadn't already found something through the old boys network.

Is Eugenie experiencing new cultures, it doesn't appear so, no mention of trips to areas of beauty or interest, no visits to museums, just another holiday of sun and alcohol.

Just because there are no mentions of her seeing the sights we can't assume that she isn't e.g. in Cambodia she may very well have been to some of the temples but it hasn't made the news because it isn't seen as newsworthy. Cambodia, like much of the rest of South-East Asia had temples aplenty. We don't know that she has been to one or more of these. We don't know that she hasn't been the the scenes of the "Killing Fields" of the 1970s. We only know what the press wish to report but they aren't giving us a daily report of her activities are they? I mean the last think I heard was last week in Thailand and a couple of weeks before that in Sydney but what was she doing on the days on which she didn't wear a hoody in Sydney, go swimming in Thailand and have a friend get mugged in Cambodia (three events in about 5 weeks).

:previous: Had Eugenie indulged in anything cultural, I am quite certain Andrews PR team would have ensured pictures were available.:whistling:

I wonder if these muggers even realized who Eugenie was? They may have been surprised at the reaction they got. Is she continuing her trip? I would have loved to have the kind of trips that she has.:)

:previous: Had Eugenie indulged in anything cultural, I am quite certain Andrews PR team would have ensured pictures were available.:whistling:

You may be right but we can't assume that either. My point is that absence of reports of her at these sorts of places doesn't mean she isn't attending them. It doesn't mean she is either. Until I am told definitively that she didn't visit any of these sorts of places I am not prepared to assume that she didn't - I am a half-full type of person.

I would have loved to have the kind of trips that she has.:)

Yes who wouldn't. Eugenie is free to do what she wants but please not on the expense of the public. As skydragon said it's nothing more than just another holiday of sun and alcohol, only disguised as a "gap year" because it sounds more justified.

I don't mind her fooling around for the rest of her life as long as her bill is paid for in private.

This whole issue gets more and more disgraceful. Poor Eugenie, her friend got mugged on holiday. That's a mind-opening experience, really. How offensive towards those who represent their country in foreign locations, often without best possible protection because the MoD is short of money.

You may be right but we can't assume that either. My point is that absence of reports of her at these sorts of places doesn't mean she isn't attending them. It doesn't mean she is either. Until I am told definitively that she didn't visit any of these sorts of places I am not prepared to assume that she didn't - I am a half-full type of person.
Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows. I am a cynic and believe it is just a chance for a prolonged holiday. The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.:flowers:

I don't mind her fooling around for the rest of her life as long as her bill is paid for in private.

This whole issue gets more and more disgraceful. Poor Eugenie, her friend got mugged on holiday. That's a mind-opening experience, really. How offensive towards those who represent their country in foreign locations, often without best possible protection because the MoD is short of money.

Once again I have read the comments, 15 comments so far and all make fun of the adjective brave. At least we have moved on from her holiday in Thailand, it is now Cambodia and who knows what the next stop is on this so called gap year.

Since she is in SE Asia, there is Laos between the three countries she's been in. Further south, there is Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippines. If she was in a really adventurous mood, there is Burma west of Thailand. That country can be tricky since they are not exactly fond of Western interferrence. If she wants to swing up north, there is Japan and China.

Since she is in SE Asia, there is Laos between the three countries she's been in. Further south, there is Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei and the Philippines. If she was in a really adventurous mood, there is Burma west of Thailand. That country can be tricky since they are not exactly fond of Western interferrence. If she wants to swing up north, there is Japan and China.

There is still a lot of fun to be had then.

:previous: The tabloids would much appreciate brave Eugenie marches on. And her Wales cousins may well send up a silent thanks for the same, as they get to stay off the gossip pages.:whistling:

I've heard that "a cynic is a disappointed idealist". There's truth to both ways of putting it.:)

Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows. I am a cynic and believe it is just a chance for a prolonged holiday. The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.:flowers:

Are there any idealists that are not disappointed in the end?
Anyone know the next stop on this world tour?

I've heard that "a cynic is a disappointed idealist". There's truth to both ways of putting it.:)
I am sure that is seen as the case for/by some.:rolleyes:

Eugenie is clearly an idealist, she doesn't seem to understand that not everyone in the UK will be happy with her gallivanting around the holiday spots!

I wonder just what her ideals are? Surely she wants to do more than party her life away.:ermm:

Eugenie is clearly an idealist, she doesn't seem to understand that not everyone in the UK will be happy with her gallivanting around the holiday spots!

I for one would just love to know what she plans on doing with her life. I suppose it is too soon for her to decide at this point but still....Surely she has to have some idea?

I don't object to the girl travelling, but it would seem logical to arrange the travels around her future career interests (like touring museums, historical sites, whatever) rather than drinking, smoking, and wearing interesting bikinis. We haven't heard about any of that in these reports.

I for one would just love to know what she plans on doing with her life. I suppose it is too soon for her to decide at this point but still....Surely she has to have some idea?

She is going to uni in the northern autumn so she at least knows that.

What she is going to study hasn't been announced as yet as far as I am aware.

Pics 26.5.2009

Eugenie is back in England :), here are some great pics from today:

Princess Eugenie shows support for a football exchange to the United
Kingdom for the Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association at Stamford
Bridge on May 26, 2009 in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **

Last edited:
Eugenie looks really beautiful. And for the first time, I see a resemblance to Sarah and not Andrew. The way she clasps her hands in the one photo, and some of her facial expressions, remind me a lot of Sarah's mannerisms/expressions.

Good job, Eugenie! Keep it up. :flowers:
Princess Eugenie shows support for a football exchange to the United
Kingdom for the Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association at Stamford
Bridge on May 26, 2009 in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks just sooo pretty!! I love that she is Smiling!!!! She has been looking so dour and almost angry lately.... She is dressed well with a cute dress and shoes befitting her age and her status. Great job, Eugenie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom