Princess Eugenie of York News and Pictures 2: March 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a picture accompanying an article about the wedding in this weeks's Hello! She isn't mentioned in the article, just the picture caption.

Sent Away

Why was Princess Eugenie sent away to boarding school Marlborough College?

Last edited:
Many kids (myself included) choose to go away to boarding school. Eugenie definitely did. Her and her sister were both day students, then made the choice to start boarding. Of the several hundred children at Eugenie's school, only about twenty are day students during any given year. I've heard a LOT of that "sending away" nonsense (in general, not about Eugenie). It does happen, and not uncommonly, but just because people choose to disagree with the practice (and their disagreements have merit in some cases) it does NOT mean other people are not capable of making the decision to live away from home during middle or high school. Also, almost no one makes that complaint during college. There is nothing magical about the number eighteen that makes it easier for a child to go away for the child. If people were considered adults at 21 here, we would whine when 18-year-olds elsewhere went to college. If we considered 15 an adult here, people would roll their eyes at the notion that a child boarding at 15 was "shipping him off", IMO.

Edited to add: In many cases (including mine) it is actually better for the child to be in a boarding environment. I know a several kids with one parent working over full time who go away to an academic boarding school at their consent, because that is where the more stable environment is, not the home. In Eugenie's case, her parents are away a LOT, because that is there station in life, and nothing can be done about it.

HighGoalHighDreams said:
Edited to add: In many cases (including mine) it is actually better for the child to be in a boarding environment.
There is truth to this. My father grew up in NYC and he and my uncle were "shipped off" to boarding school to the middle of nowhere Vermont. A strictly Catholic boys boarding school. My grandparents did it to keep them out of potential trouble they could get into in the city. And my dad and my uncle loved it. They were home for holidays and vacations and never felt shipped off. For many many years they remained close to the Jesuit fathers that mentored them. I even toyed with the idea of going off to boarding school but my local social ties were too strong.

Does anybody know her hieght and does she have brown eyes or dark blue.

You see families where both parents are high-powered executives send their kids off to boarding school especially if both the parents have to relocate for their jobs. One woman I know relocated 5 times in 5 years and for much of the time, she and her husband weren't even living in the same city. Its too hard on the kids to start a new school and try to make new friends only to be pulled out a year later and have to do it all over again.

A boarding school the kids can always go back to regardless of where their parents are gives these kids stability when their parent's living arrangements do not.

i just saw pics of eugenie leaving the ship. she looks awesome. I love her outfit, but where is beatrice?
could somebody post the pics?

HEre are the picture of Eugenie from Getty Images. I think Beatrice probably left earlier in the week.

Attachments

• 71537565.jpg
    71537565.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 71537811.jpg
    71537811.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 294
  • 71537799.jpg
    71537799.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 71537802.jpg
    71537802.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 299
thanks lady windsor

i so love her outfit,...it looks real good on her.

Every time princess Eugenie looks better than the previous time. She is really pretty.

That outfit looks way to old for her. It looks like something Camilla would wear. I think I have seen Camilla wearing it. She is very pretty but she needs to change her eyebrows. Thats the one thing that just bothers me so much. I just wanna attack her with tweezers when I see her. I think the older she gets the prettier she will get though. I hope she inherited Andrews aging genes. He still looks very good for his age.

Something I find interesting to see in those pictures is how much Eugene looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother. The most noticeable fatherly feature Eugene has is her jaw line (post # 68, first picture) while her sister's eyes are 100% Sarah's. But Eugene is, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the new generation of Windsor kids. She kind of has that Charlotte-of-Monaco-distant-look going on, like in every picture her mind is someplace else away from all the cameras.

Last edited:
I have also noticed the similaritys between her and charlotte. I also see the jawline. I think that may work against her because it can look strong and masculine but there are ways around that.

Toledo said:
Something I find interesting to see in those pictures is how much Eugene looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother. The most noticeable fatherly feature Eugene has is her jaw line (post # 68, first picture) while her sister's eyes are 100% Sarah's. But Eugene is, in my opinion, the most beautiful of the new generation of Windsor kids. She kind of has that Charlotte-of-Monaco-distant-look going on, like in every picture her mind is someplace else away from all the cameras.
I don't see a resemblence to Pss. Eugenie with any of her Windsor relatives past or present. Pss. Beatrice may have her mother's red hair but that's where the similarities end. Beatrice looks just like her dad ~ the mouth, the eyes, the jawline. I don't know where Eugenie gets her looks. Maybe some recessive gene somewhere.

I don't know why but I have impressions that Eugenie has a little more style than Beatrice. E is more calm and gentle than her sis.

I agree that Eugenie reminds somehow Andrew and Beatrice - Sarah.

Last edited:
Sarah has said Beatrice looks just like her and Eugenie just like her father- and she is the one who has seen them most, so it's worth considering.

I don't see a resemblence to Pss. Eugenie with any of her Windsor relatives past or present. Pss. Beatrice may have her mother's red hair but that's where the similarities end. Beatrice looks just like her dad ~ the mouth, the eyes, the jawline. I don't know where Eugenie gets her looks. Maybe some recessive gene somewhere.

Bella, Eugenie looks like her greatgrandmother, Queen mother, Queen Elizabeth

Beatrice also looks a lot like a Queen Victoria when she was young.

Eugenie is such a pretty girl, I agree when Toledo said that Eugenie looks like her father while her sister's features are more like their mother, It is just
like he puts... Beatrice looks like her mother in her gestures and stuff :graduate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Madjenn said:
Bella, Eugenie looks like her greatgrandmother, Queen mother, Queen Elizabeth

I have heard that, actually, Madjenn. Thinking about it, I guess she sort of does.

selrahc4, I was thinking of that exact picture when reading about the resemblence between Pss. Beatrice and Queen Victoria. There is definately a strong resemblence there. I've also always thought so.

She looks like her greatgrandmother when she was child but actually i don't know it.:(

magnik said:
I don't know why but I have impressions that Eugenie has a little more style than Beatrice. E is more calm and gentle than her sis.

I agree that Eugenie reminds somehow Andrew and Beatrice - Sarah.

I get that feeling as well, I think ( and its only my opinion ) that Beatrice is more like sarah a bit pushy ??

Everything we've heard, though, about their personalities suggests the Eugenie is in fact the more "pushy" one, if there is one- everyone has always said that Bea is the picture of English politness and reserve and would be the last one to act otherwise, while Eugenie is more candid and bold. The only thing we've heard to the contrary is that Bea is a "strong character"- but that was Sarah refering to Bea in regards to what she wants, not in regards to how she treats others. :)

not really current.. but beautiful close-ups of Eugenie just around 2 months ago.

Princess Eugenie of York attends the 2006 Cipriani/Deutsche Bank Concert Series benefiting amfar at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City on June 22, 2006.
(photos by Landov/Starstock)

The second pic is amazing. Her eyes just grab your attention and never let go.

Yes, she is more stunning than Beatrice:)

sm1939 said:
I get that feeling as well, I think ( and its only my opinion ) that Beatrice is more like sarah a bit pushy ??

Maybe becouse Beatrice is a teenager...
But I think that she has something from her mother's character...and why not pushy too?

Last edited:
beautiful close ups
:)
Her skin is so pretty

For a teen her skin is really nice. Doesnt have any blemishes. Lucky girl. She has a heavy chin though. Are her eyes blue. They look blue but I cant really tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom