Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 16: July 2015-June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I am prepared to cut Beatrice a lot of slack, but she really does seem to be her own worst enemy, though her father is a close second with her mum nudging them along for a three-way photo finish.

:previous: This article suggests that she's a partner in a new business venture. Some people are better suited to business ownership than working for someone else. I wish Beatrice all the best.:flowers:

Well at least Beatrice is consistant. I thought she had left yet another job she was in the UK for ages. According to the DM she is going to start her own company but it's sort of part of the company she just left. Beatrice has yet to be able stay at anything for 12 months or more. When you do this sort of thing it is work, work, work and of course she is already on yet another vacation it looks like she left may/june it is now August and thinks another holiday is good idea. Sorry she doesn't have the work ethic or experience to start up a company in any business. There are others involved in this I hope they like working hard cause I just can't see her as anything more the public front for any business. All the glory none of any actual hard graft. And please don't start with the she is young she is finding her feet what idiot wants to deal with someone with virtually no experience in this field? She either resigned or let go it is odd that she is starting up something under their name. But when your a Princess you can just get paid for your title it seems and Beatrice is more than happy to do that very much like her mother who still relies on her title for work.

Yep same old thing over and over talk about peas in a pod

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The articles are saying she is setting up as a business consultant. Business consultant? I had an idea but wasn't sure so I googled it and found this: What is a Business Consultant? and what I read there confirms what I had thought.

:pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly:

I think Beatrice is living in cloud cuckoo land.

From what I have read she is apparently going into business with her former employer in some sort of separate unit?

I'm not sure what that means! But only time will tell. Was the company American?

Prehaps it's looking to expand it's network base! If putting down a footprint in the UK going into partnership with the Queen's granddaughter would be pretty high profile!

Mmm maybe it's because her grandfather is still alive that's delaying things. If we believe what we are told about Phillip not liking Fergie it could be a awkward wedding.

I can't believe they would hold off on getting married if that's what they really wanted because of frosty family relationships! .....

In any case Sarah has been seen within the royal circle more and more in the last year or so after years of very obvious exile. She was snapped a couple of weeks back arriving at Buckingham Palace.

The York princesses seem to have no defined role within the royal family, and I think they're confused over which direction to take. They take a holiday and they get blasted; they get a job and it's snide remarks from all directions. I don't think I would want to be them. :bang:

^This applies only to Beatrice. Eugenie seems to know more what she wants.

^This applies only to Beatrice. Eugenie seems to know more what she wants.

Eugenie is fortunate that her passion, art, dovetailed perfectly in the tradition of Viscount Linley, Lady Sarah Chatto and Lady Helen Taylor who all went into careers in design, art and/or fashion that were respectable and had a good mix of glamour and subtlety that nobody could say a negative thing about any of them.

If Beatrice is getting into business consulting through her former employer, who specialized in fashion, that could be a very good thing. It would allow her to 'work' but also have the free time required to do the charity work and live the life that she's born into.

I think the criticism of the York princesses is unfair - they have had a shaky time finding their footing in a system that's changing. If they'd been born a generation prior there would have been no doubt they would be full time working royals. They are, in some respects, the test subjects for future royal offspring.

Exactly. There's been so much change right across society, and the old assumptions no longer are true in so many areas of life. Sometimes people have trained for years for, or have worked for decades in, positions that simply no longer exist or in which the opportunities are much less. With Princess Beatrice, it's simply higher profile because of who she is. Someone named Jane from down the street could be doing the same thing, but there'd be no public outcry.

I think the criticism of the York princesses is unfair - they have had a shaky time finding their footing in a system that's changing. If they'd been born a generation prior there would have been no doubt they would be full time working royals. They are, in some respects, the test subjects for future royal offspring.

Very well said, and so true. I wonder if P Beatrice ever looks wistfully at P Alexandra, who is also the granddaughter of a Monarch, and who started wearing tiaras and doing public events when she was young. Alexandra would have known exactly what kind of life she would have been expected to fulfil; Beatrice appears to be lost.

I think Beatrice is criticized much less than Kate, who takes fewer breaks yet is always accused of being lazy and not doing enough royal events.
The same people who defend Beatrice blame Kate.

I think Beatrice is criticized much less than Kate, who takes fewer breaks yet is always accused of being lazy and not doing enough royal events.
The same people who defend Beatrice blame Kate.

Given that Kate (all assumptions nonwithstanding) will be Queen one day and Beatrice, the blood Royal Princess, by then will be a mere cousin of the King, I would expect Kate to up her game!

Lets get back on topic please - the thread is about Beatrice's current events, not a place to compare members of the Royal Family.

Sanbridge doesn't have an European office but many clients there. Makes sense if Bea works for them from UK. She is close to their clients, but also to her family and charity work. A consultant, works her own schedule. The company doesn't need an office for her, and pays her when she works. No need to worry about her holidays, she doesn't work they don't pay. Considering the fashion market in Europe, good move for both sides.

Hmm I don’t know about this, especially if comes from the DM. If true, Not surprised obviously her NY job was always temporary. Come to think of it all her jobs sounded temporary. it was always about gaining some work experience, If I remember correctly she was spotted having some meetings with companies around June. So, whatever is happening there might have been some behind the scene things going on or those meeting could have been for something else.
https://twitter.com/Jasminee138/status/738619231319687168

Like others have said, perhaps she will be just opening another Sandbridge Capital branch in The UK or if it is her own business I wonder how her speaking platform will be combined? We must remember the media only knows so much.

The longest commitment I ever seen her have is the foundation, Big change (about 5 years), so she’s no stranger to starting something from the ground up, if is she enthusiastic enough and has the right people around her. Not that she was the only one involved in that.

I always see interesting convos about her on twitter especially how dyslexic schools want her to visiting Canada .I wonder if she will ever visit? Sorry for the randomness.

Sanbridge doesn't have an European office but many clients there. Makes sense if Bea works for them from UK. She is close to their clients, but also to her family and charity work. A consultant, works her own schedule. The company doesn't need an office for her, and pays her when she works. No need to worry about her holidays, she doesn't work they don't pay. Considering the fashion market in Europe, good move for both sides.

I suspect this is just a face-saving maneuver for Beatrice.
The DM article says she was let go, and that she hadn't been at her desk for two months.

I guess you could say that if she doesn't work they don't pay her, but I have a feeling she won't be working much (if at all).
As for her acting as a consultant, consultants usually have years of experience and a proven record of success. I can't see anyone employing Beatrice in this capacity.

Really, I think the RF should just allow her to participate in royal events. She might make a decent job of that and it seems to be what she would enjoy and persist in.

Starting a new business is always difficult no matter who you are. Beatrice has no qualifications or experience in the field. If the last job "let her go" then why would they want her to be apart of a UK office? She would still be working for them surely. We will see in time this also gives Beatrice a good cover she goes on so many holidays etc no one will know if she is or isn't actually working. Beatrice has no experience in this area so it will be interesting to see what happens my guess is we will see her on a few more vacation yet. If Beatrice was wanted for Royal duties it would already be happening it isn't she left Uni several years ago at her age she SHOULD know what she wants to do. I would find her work record or lack of it a huge worry if I was a business and she was the consultant. She hasn't been in her job for over 2 months so clearly starting another job isn't number one on her list. She is consistant in one area though she always seems to either get "let go" or "leaves" right around Summer that is not someone who wants a career.

For whatever reason Beatrice is not needed/wanted to assume a senior working Royal role. Perhaps it's because of the rumored down sizing coming with Charles' reign. Perhaps the Queen, Charles and William who know Beatrice far better than the public do not believe she is suited to represent the family due to temperament, lack of work ethic or something else. Or perhaps Beatrice herself isn't interested. I posted this thought the last time Beatrice was fired/quit. Beatrice obviously enjoys her lifestyle. If she became a full time senior working royal she would have to be far more discreet and I suspect she is not interested in doing so. Moreover, despite what some believe, it takes a great deal of commitment and work and is rather a grind to do Royal tours & appearances - especially the second rate appearances Beatrice would be given if she were a full time working Royal, I don't think she's interested in that. As it is she gets to appear at the big events like trooping, church walk at Christmas, etc. where she gets lots of publicity for being a Princess, thus insuring invitations to the usual events socialites frequent. She has no responsibility and no interference with her jet set lifestyle. Presumably her trust finances her, her father provides her w/ posh living quarters in NY, St. James and Royal lodge and her uber wealthy friends provide space on their yachts/villas when she wants a vacation.

For whatever reason Beatrice is not needed/wanted to assume a senior working Royal role. Perhaps it's because of the rumored down sizing coming with Charles' reign. Perhaps the Queen, Charles and William who know Beatrice far better than the public do not believe she is suited to represent the family due to temperament, lack of work ethic or something else. Or perhaps Beatrice herself isn't interested. I posted this thought the last time Beatrice was fired/quit. Beatrice obviously enjoys her lifestyle. If she became a full time senior working royal she would have to be far more discreet and I suspect she is not interested in doing so. Moreover, despite what some believe, it takes a great deal of commitment and work and is rather a grind to do Royal tours & appearances - especially the second rate appearances Beatrice would be given if she were a full time working Royal, I don't think she's interested in that. As it is she gets to appear at the big events like trooping, church walk at Christmas, etc. where she gets lots of publicity for being a Princess, thus insuring invitations to the usual events socialites frequent. She has no responsibility and no interference with her jet set lifestyle. Presumably her trust finances her, her father provides her w/ posh living quarters in NY, St. James and Royal lodge and her uber wealthy friends provide space on their yachts/villas when she wants a vacation.

Bea has at least 4 patronages she supports but that cant be right :ermm:If its not high profile she wouldn't leave the beach. Must be an imposter.

And by all means Bea is such a flake she could never handle Kate's gruelling schedule, or Will or Harry's. I mean their combined 300 events equals 600 hours or so. 200 each. How on earth could Bea handle :sad: Supposively took 17 holidays in 12 months. 1 week a piece on average (most were shorter) she still put in about 35 weeks of work. If she worked 25 hours/week that is 875 hours. Not to mention her patronage visits and royal events which count for everyone else so should for her.

But yes, the poor wilting flower could not handle the gruelling schedule of her cousins.

Nor has she done anything wild and indiscreet. She isn't some wild black sheep shaming the family :bang:

Front page of the MoS seems to suggest Bea and Dave broke up. Take it with a hundred grains of salt.

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/762025302491074560

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

They never seemed 'together' to me. They appeared more a couple of friends rather than a couple.

It also raises the question - who decided to move to the US first - Dave or Beatrice? If Dave, did Beatrice follow him and not like it or the other way round and did that lead to the break-up?

Ten-year romance is all over for sad Beatrice: Princess and her boyfriend Dave Clark call it quits after 'make or break' talks over whether or not they should get married  | Daily Mail Online

>Princess Beatrice, 27, has ended her 10-year relationship with Dave Clark
>Royal Family members are said to be 'shocked' that the couple have split
>They are said to have held 'make or break' talks about getting married
>A source said the pair remain friends and added it was a mutual decision

Once there were high hopes their fairy-tale romance would give the nation another Royal Wedding to celebrate.
But The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Princess Beatrice has ended her relationship with long-term boyfriend Dave Clark.
Members of the Royal Family are said to be 'shocked and saddened' by the news that Beatrice, the Duke of York's eldest daughter, and her boyfriend of ten years have parted.
I understand the couple quietly called time on their romance a month ago after the failure of long and exasperated 'make or break' talks – centred on whether or not they should get married. A source close to Beatrice, 27, told The Mail on Sunday last night: 'After ten years together, Beatrice and Dave had to wonder why they were not married.
'They talked it through and decided to take time apart to reflect on the future. They remain friends and the decision to break up was mutual.'
Beatrice's family, including sister Princess Eugenie and parents Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew, are said to be 'completely shocked' by the news. Sarah, the Duchess of York, in particular is said to feel as though she has lost a son.

I personally thought they would be the most likely royals to marry next.
I wonder what Beatrice will do now, I always got the impression that Beatrice moved to NY for him. Maybe now she will hold down a job for longer, maybe she put him and his career ahead of hers in the past.

I never thought they would marry.
They would have announced an engagement by now if they had any such intention.

It's a good thing they called it quits if they couldn't agree on taking their relationship to the next level- better a broken romance than a broken marriage.

I hope she doesn't rush into another relationship too quickly.

Last edited:
Better to call it quits if they weren't going to take it to the next level. At least no-one can say they didn't give the relationship a fair go! :)

It will be interesting to see whether her lifestyle changes now.

Ten-year romance is all over for sad Beatrice: Princess and her boyfriend Dave Clark call it quits after 'make or break' talks over whether or not they should get married* | Daily Mail Online

>Princess Beatrice, 27, has ended her 10-year relationship with Dave Clark
>Royal Family members are said to be 'shocked' that the couple have split
>They are said to have held 'make or break' talks about getting married
>A source said the pair remain friends and added it was a mutual decision

Once there were high hopes their fairy-tale romance would give the nation another Royal Wedding to celebrate.
But The Mail on Sunday can reveal that Princess Beatrice has ended her relationship with long-term boyfriend Dave Clark.
Members of the Royal Family are said to be 'shocked and saddened' by the news that Beatrice, the Duke of York's eldest daughter, and her boyfriend of ten years have parted.
I understand the couple quietly called time on their romance a month ago after the failure of long and exasperated 'make or break' talks – centred on whether or not they should get married. A source close to Beatrice, 27, told The Mail on Sunday last night: 'After ten years together, Beatrice and Dave had to wonder why they were not married.
'They talked it through and decided to take time apart to reflect on the future. They remain friends and the decision to break up was mutual.'
Beatrice's family, including sister Princess Eugenie and parents Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew, are said to be 'completely shocked' by the news. Sarah, the Duchess of York, in particular is said to feel as though she has lost a son.

I personally thought they would be the most likely royals to marry next.
I wonder what Beatrice will do now, I always got the impression that Beatrice moved to NY for him. Maybe now she will hold down a job for longer, maybe she put him and his career ahead of hers in the past.

I'm taking a wait and see approach. The DM has fabricated several break-up stories in the past, only to then backtrack. It already sounds like the DM is hedging their bets, "They talked it through and decided to take time apart to reflect on the future."

As for what you said at the end, I agree. I do think she moved to NYC for him. She always seemed to make him a top priority. When she was 18, she spent most of her gap year in London so she could be close to Dave. Then it was said she wanted a London based University so she could be close to Dave. Also she was always publicly involved with the Bransons when Dave worked for them.

If she is indeed single, big if, I wonder who she will date next. I hope she doesn't go back to the bad boys, like her two boyfriends before Dave.

Interesting, the DM states she remains in New York working for friends who have a 'consultancy' - whatever that is. I'd assume if they were truly apart and her New York position ended then she'd want to be home with her family.

If true very tough, Bea was only 17 or 18 when they started going out. I hope the media leave her alone over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom