Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^which i think shows great character on her part she isn't required to do charity work or show her support for education, as she may never be a working royal yet she still does them because she wants to

Last edited:
This is something she isnt required to do as the royals dont need her help it is like princess michael of kent

Exactly. She does it because she wants to do it. I think it speaks volumes about her character. I really don't think she cares whether or not she ever works for the "Firm" as a royal or for accolades but enjoys the freedom of doing what she can, where she can in an unobtrusive way.

Hopefully the Royal family is appreciating it at least and telling her so even if it is not official. It only makes them look good really.

Hopefully the Royal family is appreciating it at least and telling her so even if it is not official. It only makes them look good really.

I'm sure her extended family knows her much better than we do. This is one reason I think Bea's got the best of both worlds going for her. She doesn't have to live in the fishbowl and can actually breathe oxygen and dictate what her life is going to be like, make her own choices of what to do or not to do and should she decide that her life's calling is to run a banana farm somewhere and teach hula dancing in grass skirts for the rest of her life, she's got the freedom to do exactly that.

The more I think about it, perhaps Beatrice's personal choice could be that she doesn't even want to be a full time working royal and prefers life on the outskirts of the royal family as a blessing. :whistling:

Beatrice, along with her sister, was taught the meaning of service to the people and caring for others from their mother, father and grandparents.

I like seeing Beatrice carrying out engagements - it's nice to see a young female royal doing this!

:previous: Oh yes, I agree! :flowers: Beatrice strikes me as a very pleasant, cheerful, and caring person. She's so good with children, too.

She is it for young unmarried senior Royal females... Her sister is out of the picture for now and the other one is 11. The RF should applaud her for her time and dedication and lap it up... Everyone knows Royal ladies are more in demand then the men and she has skills.

I think if Beatrice truly wants to be a member of the firm she is going to have to go after it. I think she needs to jump into charity work and volunteer work and take fewer holidays. That just might make the right impression on the right people and even if it doesn't she will still come out looking better in the long run. JMO, of course.

again the question is if they tell her thanks but no thanks why doesn't she listen and go out get a real job

again the question is if they tell her thanks but no thanks why doesn't she listen and go out get a real job

:previous:She is a titled and wealthy young woman .... she doesn't need a "real job" like the rest of us. The point is, she needs real respect and she would get that by applying herself to charity and volunteer work whether "they tell her thanks" or not. Working in charities can certainly be real jobs, just not paid jobs. Besides, as soon as she gets a "real, paid job" there will be those who scream that she is taking it away from someone who needs it.

Both Beatrice and Eugenie are already involved with with a great deal of charities. Beatrice have several patronages under her belt.

And then how will she pay her bills if she doesn't have a real job that pays money Oh wait it is called daddy trust fund

It is not coming from you or in fact any tax payer so what is it to you exactly?

Both Beatrice and Eugenie are already involved with with a great deal of charities. Beatrice have several patronages under her belt.

True, however they (especially Beatrice) are seen holidaying more than doing charity work. I think Beatrice seems like a nice young woman but good at PR she is not .... if she really, really wants to work for the firm.

Honestly, I don't care where her financial support comes from. I doubt it's from ill-gotten gains. If Prince Andrew wants to finance her so she can do the charity work that she likes, what business of it is ours? She's not government-funded. She's not required to produce paperwork showing where she gets her money and how she spends it. :bang:

Look I may be naive and way simplistic but can't she go to her Grsndmother and explain Charity work is really a passion of hers and would it possible to start the process to start being official about it? She does it anyway, she is good at it and she could take some slack for some others for whatever reason.

I guess it is more complicated though.

Maybe she doesn't want to be 'official' maybe she likes what charity/ royal functions she goes to while not having the same pressures as some official working royals although ironically people still seem to have expectations of her. or perhaps she was promised something in the long run she does act like kate in that retrospect. I don't think kate would have waited that long if she wasn't promised something, who knows?

They keep releasing wonderful photos from the school and Humanitas event it's nice to see.

Victory in Europe -Day One-Windsor Castle – MAY 08: Princess Beatrice attends the lighting of a beacon, by Queen Elizabeth II during three days of national commemorate. Along with the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke Of York. The Queen lit the first of 200 beacons marking the 70th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day. Pic here

Early on March 8th before attending The Beacon Lighting Ceremony With The Queen Princess Beatrice made a surprise visit to one of her patronages The Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre. Princess beatrice was photographed with the founder herself , Helen Arkell. Pic Here

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought she was starting her new big job?

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually really like that Beatrice is engaging that much with her grandmother and is so devoted to her patronages. A lot full time royals lack that sense of duty.

she cant really work if she had an actual job it would get in the way of all the royal events she has to be seen at

she cant really work if she had an actual job it would get in the way of all the royal events she has to be seen at

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Beatrice only attends the odd engagement on her own behalf, and only attends major royal events. She's not doing 10+ events a day. When she previously worked and had an event, it is presumed she used holiday time for this event for example Royal Ascot. Eugenie manages quite well to have a job and come home when she wants.

Quite clearly Beatrice is able to combine a job with the occasional engagement from time to time, just as her cousins do.

Does she actually have a job yet?

A month ago it was reported that she was looking for a job in NY (in the DM). Since then she has been seen a lot in London or elsewhere but not in NY it seems. Princess Beatrice leaving UK for New York following sister Eugenie | Daily Mail Online dated 5th April - In a move being dubbed the ‘departure of The House of York’, Princess Beatrice is planning to leave the UK to move to New York – following her sister Princess Eugenie and her mother Sarah Ferguson to the United States.

I think she may still be looking for a job.

I know there were reports that she had a job but there are no reports of her actually working. There are however reports of her:

holiday in Switzerland - 5th April (the week after Easter) - went to Church with The Queen and then to Switzerland
Florida - 11th April
Bahrain for the Grand Prix - 19th April (a weekend I know)

If she had a job she would be struggling, given the time difference, to be working and making all these visits.

She has also carried out unofficial engagements in the UK on the 27th and 28th April and also visited a fashion show.

:previous: She lives a different kind of life. It's a great life. She's apparently free to not work. Beautiful thing. :flowers: Just hope she's happy. That's the main thing. Without focus, one can become aimless. That's the risk. She must guard against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom