The Prince of Wales Current Events 10: October 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are most welcome :flowers:

I've found some additional pics from inside the New Brewery Arts Centre
Charles visited yesterday - it's interesting to see all those different things
that are produced there:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

That is a wonderful service to each of those soldiers. Prince Charles is doing a very kind act. I like him more and more.:)

Prince Charles has written individual letters to every British paratrooper injured in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Each of the personal notes thanks troops for their roles in the war zone and spells out the debt of gratitude that Britain owes them

Prince Charles writes letter to every injured soldier in Afghanistan and Iraq - mirror.co.uk

:angel:
Yet again a glimpse of some of his most private and unpublicised actions which more than underscore the depth and compassion of 'Charles, the Man', as opposed to 'The Prince of Wales'. :cool:

The Princess Royal has long enjoyed the reputation of being the hardest-working member of the Royal Family. But now she has conceded her crown to the Prince of Wales, who for the first time in years has carried out more engagements in the past 12 months than his younger sister

Prince Charles finally works harder than his little sister, Princess Anne - Times Online

While Mr O'Donovans' list is a good indicator, as we know, both Charles and Camilla seem to spend a lot of time writing to injured personnel and the bereaved relatives of their regiments.

. . . . While Mr O'Donovans' list is a good indicator, as we know, both Charles and Camilla seem to spend a lot of time writing to injured personnel and the bereaved relatives of their regiments.
Well we can't have Charles being seen to be working harder or happier than before. No, that would spoil the author's main point which seems to be that the Princess Royal may have had less engagements than her brother but, as usual, worked harder, or had more "quality" than Charles "quantity". What a nitpicking pillock (or is that prat) the author is. :D

There! I have started my New Year the way I mean to carry on. Calling a spade a spade and, on occassion, a bl***y great ditch digger. :fireworks::noevil:

That's the spirit MARG!
---------------------
It's the Mail so I felt I had to post this.:D

Prince Charles has finally pipped his sister, Princess Anne, to be crowned the hardest working member of the Royal Family.
According to a new 'league table' of official engagements, Charles conducted 560 last year compared to Anne who totalled 534.

Prince Charles overtakes his sister to become our hardest working royal | Mail Online

I'm delighted to see Prince Charles receive credit for his hard work and the variety of good causes in which he is involved. :flowers:

Having said that, some engagements may take a short time while others take an entire day; there's also the preparation time to take into account. So a numbering of engagements isn't a perfect indicator of who works hardest.

The Duchess of Cornwall may not perform as many engagements as the other senior royals, but she does take a personal interest in her correspondence and signs many thank-you notes herself, as many of us at this forum have experienced. :wub:

An Asian polo-playing friend who Prince Charles calls "Sooty" has insisted the nickname is a "term of affection with no offence meant or felt".

Royal Family Race Row: Prince Charles' Asian Friend Kolin Dhillon 'Not Offended' By 'Sooty' Nickname | UK News | Sky News

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lled-Sooty-Royals-insists-term-affection.html

However, in a statement Mr Dhillon insisted he regarded the Sooty nickname as a "term of affection".
"I have to say, you know you have arrived when you acquire a nickname!" he said.
"I enjoy being called Sooty by my friends who I am sure universally use the name as a term of affection with no offence meant or felt. The Prince of Wales is a man of zero prejudice and both of his sons have always been most respectful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-friend-Sooty-says-Royal-is-not-a-racist.html

And that's what it is,a nickname in affection.I have a friend from the Antilles whom I call "Blacky" or "Browny",whatever comes up first,
and we know eachother for 35 years.Never given the offence bit a thought.I couldn't care less what others think on that,it's more important what I think of others....to use a phrase by dear Victoria...always.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Camilla Parker Bowles, with her former husband Andrew who was also a luminary of the polo world, she first knew Mr Dhillon from the early days of her first marriage in the 1970s. They have dined at their respective homes in Gloucestershire and Wiltshire

The Duchess of Cornwall called him Sooty first - Telegraph

Anti-racism campaigners are demanding an apology from the Prince of Wales for calling an Indian friend "Sooty" - even though the man himself has said he is not offended.

Anti-racism campaigners demand 'Sooty' apology from Prince of Wales - Telegraph
--------------------
On and on and on! :rolleyes:

Mr Dhillon is "Sooty", Prince Harry is "Ginger" - so what? I don't think that papers who invented such "nice" nicks like "Duchess of Pork" or "Waity Katie" should howl that way. And even the Telegraph, which I thought was slightly better, creates headlines that make it appear as if The Duchess of Cornwall coined the nick "Sooty" instead of just using it on titling: "The Duchess of Cornwall called him Sooty first". Come on!:nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-racism campaigners are demanding an apology from the Prince of Wales for calling an Indian friend "Sooty" - even though the man himself has said he is not offended.

Anti-racism campaigners demand 'Sooty' apology from Prince of Wales - Telegraph
--------------------
On and on and on! :rolleyes:
OK . . . . . let me get this right, they are talking at the club or even on the field and the POW or his sons call out "Kolin", and everybody is looking around for him and 'Sooty' yells, who me? You halfwit the other team just scored! :ROFLMAO:

To borrow once again from Andrew Alexander . . . what a bunch of "pious, pompous, prudish, sanctimonious, semi-hysterical, self-righteous, mealymouthed, whining prigs". :censored:

In former times gin was mazerated with natural herbs and plants before destillation. Terrible to read that these people did treat the "Green Prince" to a show how they make gin from "chemicals".... :nonono:
The article was incorrect when it stated chemicals were added...

he was shown the huge stills containing the alcohol and 11 bins of the botanicals which are added to it to give it flavour
Prince Charles sips gin on distillery tour - Telegraph
-------------
I dislike the smell of Juniper berries, I once had to marinade venison in them for a recipe, many, many years ago! :sick:

I dislike the smell of Juniper berries, I once had to marinade venison in them for a recipe, many, many years ago! :sick:
I know just how he feels . . . . . nauseated! :nonono:

Pics 18.1.2009

Some pics from the special tour ;)

The Prince of Wales smelling the spirit as he visits William
Grant Sons site near Girvan in Ayrshire where Hendrick's
spirit is made, January 18, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom