Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 26: August 2010-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Charles, Camilla, William and Catherine (more recently of course) have had the same oppurtunity to attend every royal wedding we've had in the past 8 years. Sophie and Edward represent The Queen who, I imagine, chooses or asks around who would like to go these "important" events. If no prior engagement is set, I see no reason as to why Charles and Camilla couldn't have attended the events Sophie and Edward have. The royal families of Europe have graced the BRF with their presence on more than one royal occasion. Yet the attendance has not been returned. I wonder why.
I also wonder about this British sense of 'us and them' when it comes to Europe, especially because the British Royal family is of course closely related to many of the Europeans. One knows about the 'bicycle riding monarch' labels that once described continental crowned heads, but surely the glamorous young crown princelings have put paid to that image! :flowers:No doubt the moderators will send this question over to the correct forum so that this fascinating question can be discussed further, but I would not be surprised if there is more in common between the Japanese and British Royal Households than meets the eye as far as the conservatism of the relevant officials is concerned.:whistling:

I think those who have used a little common sense have nailed it. Charles is more of an age with European monarchs than their heirs, nevertheless he has attended weddings in the past whilst Edward and Sophie have more than carried the flag in recent years.

As to the Dutch Inauguration? There was never any question that Charles and Camilla would attend. It is expected, it is correct royal etiquette, it is correct royal protocol. Anyone really think HM or Charles would break with that? I think not.

Last edited:
When the Danes, Norwegian & Spanish CPs married was that pre C&C wedding so the Wessexes were the only married couple (other than Anne) ?

Seems like pre-WWII the royal families used to 'mingle' alot more....

LaRae

Seems like pre-WWII the royal families used to 'mingle' alot more....

LaRae

Pre WWI certainly, but George V didnt like traveling and he certainly wanted to establish his family as British and distance himself from his German roots. George VI of course had WWII so continental travel wasn't going to happen. Other than state visits, QEII has not attended royal social events on the continent with the exception of Julianas 25th wedding anniversary and Baudouins funeral. I also do not think it would be popular in the UK for QEII to be seen popping off to Europe for every birthday party, wedding, aniversary, jubilee etc. We rather like the idea of her spending her holidays in Norfolk and Balmoral.

The Queen is very ceremonial in connection with the royal houses, this is bad, it was sad to see the heirs gathered by Alexander William for the farewell less windsors.

:previous:See..whatever you meant by the second sentence, wedding and coronation (enthronement whatever) are different events altogether.
The Queen can send any one to represent her, or more correctly, her family to a wedding, so sending third son is no way different from sending first son. Both represent the Queen equally. SO Edward and Sophie are no way "lesser" royals at weddings..
But coronation is different. It is a fully official event which defines the very existence of that particular Royal House. So all the concerned friends/allies are expected to send their highest available members to pay homage to the new monarch, and convey their own monarch's acceptance and wishes to the new monarch..(This is the historical perspective). Here high-low matters, definitely. So Prince of Wales will definitely be expected to attend, and he is rightly attending.

And regarding the Queen's or (even Charles') non-attendance at European weddings, it has been thoroughly discussed in other threads before. Moreover, all the reigning continental monarchs (leave alone the heirs) have time and again showed that they are not bothered by these things, and showered affection for the Queen and PoW at every possible occasion.
So thats not at all an issue..
So you dont feel bad, for whatever reason it is..

Last edited:
The title of the article ,typically DM, is forgettable but at least the photos are quite nice ...

Is it me or does Charles look pretty good? Even though he has aged he looks happy and healthy and at peace with his life. I think he feels content with how his life has turned out compared to how it was. I do think it has to do with the fact that he has a wife that he obviously loves and children that have turned out well and a new "daughter" and a grandchild on the way that will continue his line. Just some small things that make him happy. :)

Prince Charles in emergency landing drama: Royal helicopter forced to divert after technical fault:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/prince-charles-emergency-landing-drama-1907215

Royal helicopter emergency:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had a "hairy experience" when their royal helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing after it developed a technical fault. The royal couple were unharmed by the incident-
Royal helicopter emergency - ITV News

Thank God they're okay.

Last edited:
This experience will not improve Camilla's fear of flying ...

Last edited:
...The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had a "hairy experience"...
That's terrible, but it's wonderful that they're both all right. Flying is scary, and I bet that this incident will not help Her Highness with her fear of flying. I personally relate to her, because flying makes me extremely anxious.
Well, despite Camilla not knowing how to play chess, she gave it the old college try. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEWM5Ii1S5M&feature=player_embedded
Camila with children; delightful as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince Charles is going on a private trip to Armenia next week while Camilla is in Paris on her first solo overseas visit.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince Charles will spend three days in the capital Yerevan, sampling the religious and cultural life of the world's oldest Christian state.

Prince Charles and Camilla visited publishing company DC Thomson & Co in Dundee, where they started the firm’s new printing press.
The couple guest-starred in the latest edition of the Beano. In the special edition Charles and Camilla try to encourage the likes of Dennis the Menace and the Bash Street Kids to eat their greens and read more books.

Behave yourself Dennis, the future king is here! Charles and Camilla make guest appearance in latest edition of the Beano | Mail Online

Cartoon duchess look really beautiful (and a little bit better than in reality)

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as Patron of the Campaign for Wool and the Duchess of Cornwall today, June 12, visited Moorbrook Textiles' Robert Noble Mill in Peebles, the School of Textile and Design, Heriot Watt University in Galashiels and Johnston's of Elgin in Hawick.

** itv.com: Royal visit to the Borders **

** bbc: Royal visitors get taste of textiles in the Borders **

** demotix: HRH Prince Charles visits textile mills on the Scottish Borders **

** hawick-news.co.uk: IN PICTURES: Prince Charles and Camilla’s Hawick visit **

** thesouthernreporter.co.uk: Prince Charles and Camilla visit Peebles, Galashiels and Hawick **

Last edited:
Are the Prince and Duchess in Northern Ireland for the day or do they have events here tomorrow?

Last edited:
They visited the place that is making the new buses and so rode one - this is what royals always do, even The Queen when she went on the Tube earlier this year and her now annual train trip to Sandringham - while the rest of the Household travel in cars etc.

It would have been strange to visit the factory and not to have ridden in the bus.

It isn't telling people what they should do at all - but rather having an experience and congratulating the people who have put in the time and effort to build these buses and do the research to make them more eco-friendly - a cause very close to Charles' heart as anyone who has followed Charles for any lenght of time will know.

The royals often travel on public transport for show - if it relates to a cause e.g. all of The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla and Kate have travelled on the Tube earlier this year to celebrate the 150th anniversary of The Tube. It is all part of doing royal duties and promoting causes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom