Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for posting those great links, milla and LadyFinn,
the pics are really brilliant, especially when looking at Charles'
reactions to Camilla's fit of laughter. Where's the British picture
of the month team? These pics need to be added to their list :)

Game for a laugh...it´s the Prince of Gales
August 10

(...) And as the wind gathered strength, Charles appeared to become increasingly concerned about whether his kilt might blow up.
The Duchess couldn’t contain her mirth as her husband used a hand to keep the kilt firmly pressed against his knees

Game for a laugh... it's the Prince of Gales | Mail Online

The statement of the Mail that ´Charles presence at the Mey games emphasised his absence in Beijing ´can only be a joke, i think. But there couldn´t be an article in this tabloid about the royal couple without saying something negative...

These games are always such a hoot. Wasn't an incident a couple of years ago with a gentleman who accidentally exposed his buttocks to the royals?

This publication can't help exaggerating, it was heavy rain and windy, not "torrential rain and gales". Although the bad weather did reduce the turnout, many will be kicking themselves for missing the giggle fit. :flowers:

So i hope you didn´t miss it...:D!

These games are always such a hoot. Wasn't an incident a couple of years ago with a gentleman who accidentally exposed his buttocks to the royals?
Yes and it is not always a pretty sight!:ROFLMAO::whistling:
So i hope you didn´t miss it...:D!
I missed neither the weather nor the giggles that turned into a fit of laughter, I am still drying out my clothing and shoes! :ROFLMAO:
------------------------
cotland's traditional dress reduced Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall to fits of laughter on Saturday when the heir to the throne discovered the perils of wearing a kilt during a gale.

Charles and Camilla see the funny side of Scotland's weather
--------------------
It was not a gale, a gale in Scotland is when you can't keep your feet! :whistling::lol:
-----------------------------
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have brought to a close a series of engagements in Scotland with a visit to a church.

icWestlothian - Church stop for Charles and Camilla

I have enjoyed these pics of the couple in Scotland. I just loved the 'gale' pics, and the shots of them after the church service made me smile, too. They made me smile because they both look so comfortable and happy, and so do the people around them.

As an aside, I notice that Camilla is not wearing a hat. I can't imagine a Royal lady going to a C of E service without headgear of some sort; is the C of S less formal in this regard?

You took the words out of my mouth --- that's exactly what I thought. Charles and Camilla are like hand and glove! :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside, I notice that Camilla is not wearing a hat. I can't imagine a Royal lady going to a C of E service without headgear of some sort; is the C of S less formal in this regard?
Definitely less formal, although you will get frowned at by some ministers. Most accept the lack of formality in the younger generation, but are grateful for any to fill their pews. Sadly, amongst many, the hat has gone out of fashion. :flowers:

Meeting Charles brought me out in a royal flush
August 11

(...) Hot? I practically melted. Charles is really quite handsome close up - needed a haircut I have to say but my word his suit wasn't cheap. And he has really blue eyes. No wonder Camilla fell in love with him because despite comments I have privately made to the contrary, he practically oozes charm

Meeting Charles brought me out in a royal flush - Coventry Telegraph

For all that the tabloids report disharmony, C&C looked pretty chipper when they were laughing about Charles' kilt being blown up during the Highland Games (maybe Camilla was celebrating her $276 million divorce settlement :lol:).

The derail about Diana's death has been deleted.

Elspeth
British Royals moderator

Last edited:
I love to see the prince and duchess smile like that! I don't thank we will ever see William in a kilt intil he turns 40.

I don't thank we will ever see William in a kilt intil he turns 40.
Oh no, he wore one with his father and brother at Balmoral when they were younger, I believe after the divorce. I know somebody's got to have a pic of this! Please feel free to jump in! :flowers:

kettle of fish

The best present to give a fisherman-a big bucket of fresh fish!!:flowers:

Does anybody know when C&C are plannibng to return from hols at Birkhall? Its been a long quiet few weeks on the forums!

Was Camilla at Braemar? I didn't see any photos of her... if not, where was she??

Was Camilla at Braemar? I didn't see any photos of her... if not, where was she??

She wasn´t there, only the Queen, Prince Philip and Prince Charles attended the gathering.

September 10

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall have paid tribute to the bravery and self-sacrifice made by military and civilian heroes at a church service.

The Prince of Wales attends a service to honour military and civilian heroes - Telegraph

I'm glad Charles and Camilla paid tribute to them - they are true heros, each and every of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom