The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 AM
LadyCat's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WM, United States
Posts: 371
Surely we all remember the pictures of the glum POW and the unhappy Diana once their marriage started breaking down. Some things are very hard to hide and the facade cannot be maintained all the time. If C&C's marriage was in trouble I think there would be photographic evidence.

Cat
__________________

  #122  
Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Past royal divorces have shown you can't know much about the state of a marriage from public appearances, at least not until the marriage has reached breaking point. Of course they're going to appear happy in public and of course some tabloid is going to claim they're unhappy in private. Neither perspective reveals much of the truth, IMO.
I agree with you in general. But with Charles and Camilla we have such a long history of friendship and of knowing each other - so even if they have a row occasionally, that's their right. You should hear some of the rows I have with my dearest husband... and we love each other very much! Plus on the occasional video coverage of C&C we see their body language - and this tells of a shared humour and closeness. So I'M afraid this time the D.... Mail won't find the roots of a Royal divorce here.

But what about HM visiting Camilla in private? It was claimed and I wonder what this information is meaning - be it the truth or a lie, there must be a reason for publishing it.... Which one? Ideas welcome.
__________________

__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #123  
Old 04-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
Surely we all remember the pictures of the glum POW and the unhappy Diana once their marriage started breaking down. Some things are very hard to hide and the facade cannot be maintained all the time. If C&C's marriage was in trouble I think there would be photographic evidence.

Cat
I was thinking more of Camilla. I agree that it's pretty hard to believe Charles is unhappy in their marriage; he always seems to be beaming, and we do know it's written on his face when he's unhappy!

But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles. I'm not saying the reports are true, they sound like pointless gossip to me and in any case reports of a divorce are obviously exaggerations, but some of it is not such unbelievable gossip to me. Charles wouldn't be the first husband to be more attentive to his wife's feelings and desires before marriage than afterwards. And Camilla wouldn't be the first wife to notice this and get frustrated.
  #124  
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
milla Ca's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
Surely we all remember the pictures of the glum POW and the unhappy Diana once their marriage started breaking down. Some things are very hard to hide and the facade cannot be maintained all the time. If C&C's marriage was in trouble I think there would be photographic evidence.

Cat
I agree with you LadyCat!
I closely follow the Prince of Wales for nearly 30 years now and also for many years the Duchess of Cornwall.
Charles isn´t someone who can hide his feelings and his mood very well, many pics from many occasions all over the years show this.
The happy Prince we can see in his marrige with Camilla and the interaction of the couple ( also on pics from the last week, the week before....) support the rumours written in the Mail in no way.
(But the article of the Mail goes around the world. I could read it in my local newspaper today too. So the authors of the tabloid can be content...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
But what about HM visiting Camilla in private? It was claimed and I wonder what this information is meaning - be it the truth or a lie, there must be a reason for publishing it.... Which one? Ideas welcome.
Can we believe only one word written in this tabloid?

The reason (IMO) could be to tell that Camilla is exepted now by the Queen, they have privat meetings, but now her husband does not care for her. The Prince was the bad in the marriage with Diana and now he is the evil one again who ignores the needs and wishes of his wife, the selfish one, etc....
And this man will be our next King??? Not suitable!
__________________
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
  #125  
Old 04-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
I always give little thought to anything the tabloids have to say, but these rumours have been circulating since at least last August and they just don't seem to stop. I'm truly very cautious to believe anything a tabloid prints but even I'm starting to wonder about the state of their marriage.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #126  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,476
One never knows what is happening inside a marriage, but the rumours go back way before last August.
For example, here's one of my favourites from May 2005: Gasp!

as a ps I wonder if the August date is significant for these rumours. There were other events in August...
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #127  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
The reason (IMO) could be to tell that Camilla is exepted now by the Queen, they have privat meetings, but now her husband does not care for her. The Prince was the bad in the marriage with Diana and now he is the evil one again who ignores the needs and wishes of his wife, the selfish one, etc....
And this man will be our next King??? Not suitable!
Interestingly enough Camilla seems to have exactly the same problems with Charles that Diana had: she is bored by his friends (who are her own friends fro 30 years BTW), she has difficulties adapting to her role... Next time we'll read that Camilla secretly suffers from bulimia since her honeymoon....
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #128  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
milla Ca's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
One never knows what is happening inside a marriage, but the rumours go back way before last August.
For example, here's one of my favourites from May 2005: Gasp!

as a ps I wonder if the August date is significant for these rumours. There were other events in August...
Thank you for clarifying the facts, Warren!
The rumour that their marriage is on the rocks started in May 2005 and there is an end of it out of sight...
__________________
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
  #129  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,657
Imo we must see in these gossips just some nostalgia from uninspired "journalists" about the glorious 90's and their various royal scandals ( linked with some sales records of course).
Sadly for this well intentioned brigade the BRF is stronger than ever...
  #130  
Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,662
Btw next gossip article in similar Polish yellow paper: Camilla stop drinking.
There was mention something that when she was absent from the public/any engagements she was in private clinic on therapy somewhere in London. And when they go for their last sunny trip she was free from alcohol.


Btw maybe we should start thread about stupid gossips about royalty?
  #131  
Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 AM
jcbcode99's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond Area, United States
Posts: 1,980
One of my favorite "articles" about Charles and Camilla's impending divorce was the one where she demanded she be named Queen Consort or she would divorce Charles! I think she got like 200 million pounds and the title--but I didnt' actually read it. I just saw it while standing in line at the grocery store (my exciting life!)
__________________
Janet

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
  #132  
Old 04-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
The title and 200 million pounds?

I don't think I undertand the "logic" (of course there is none) in that article, jcbcode99...

Quote:
...my exciting life!
Oh you do bring a smile to my face!
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
  #133  
Old 04-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles.
Most women, if they are unhappy in a marriage, make their husbands unhappy too, as we saw with the Charles/Diana fiasco. I have seen them recently and neither seemed to me to be putting on an act for the benefit of anyone! sorry, no links though!
  #134  
Old 04-15-2008, 10:09 AM
LadyCat's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WM, United States
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Imo we must see in these gossips just some nostalgia from uninspired "journalists" about the glorious 90's and their various royal scandals ( linked with some sales records of course).
Sadly for this well intentioned brigade the BRF is stronger than ever...
That was what I was thinking. Bad royal press = sales for the tabloids. If there is no scandal to report they create one or at least try to. There will always be a loyal Diana contingent that abhors Camilla and the tabloids will always pander to that contingent. Fortunately most people are able to see through the charade and come to the same conclusions as most of us here. Sadly, there will always be those out there in the world who will devour every bit of negative Camilla press with glee.

Cat
  #135  
Old 04-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Most women, if they are unhappy in a marriage, make their husbands unhappy too, as we saw with the Charles/Diana fiasco. I have seen them recently and neither seemed to me to be putting on an act for the benefit of anyone! sorry, no links though!

Some men dont even see the rocks in the first place. And they think that every one is as honest as them.
(that is SOME MEN)
  #136  
Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
Some men dont even see the rocks in the first place. And they think that every one is as honest as them.
(that is SOME MEN)
Mine knows when I call him dear!
  #137  
Old 04-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I was thinking more of Camilla. I agree that it's pretty hard to believe Charles is unhappy in their marriage; he always seems to be beaming, and we do know it's written on his face when he's unhappy!

But the articles never really implied Charles was unhappy, they were more focused on Camilla. And we haven't seen what Camilla acts like in an unhappy marriage. She may be a whole lot better at putting on a facade than Charles. I'm not saying the reports are true, they sound like pointless gossip to me and in any case reports of a divorce are obviously exaggerations, but some of it is not such unbelievable gossip to me. Charles wouldn't be the first husband to be more attentive to his wife's feelings and desires before marriage than afterwards. And Camilla wouldn't be the first wife to notice this and get frustrated.
First, they pretty much share the same set of friends and have for a long time. Camilla may find the royal duties a bit boring but she seems to handle them well. She does strike me as someone who likes her space and may find the constant entourage a bit of a nuisance. I also think that she and Charles are of a certain age and comfort level in there relationship that if either needs constant attention it would be Charles not Camilla. My guess is that since both are very independent the fact that Camilla no longer sees the need to go on holidays that are not of her liking (such as skiing), the press has taken this as a sign that they are not getting along. I thought Camilla was having adjustment problems when the first got married but I thought they had fallen into pretty much a comfortable pattern. Either they are both brilliant actors or nothing is wrong in the relationship. JMO
  #138  
Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 AM
milla Ca's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 1,515
Royal seal of approval for Glamis Castle Gates
April 16

THE new Queen Mother Memorial Gates at Glamis Castle will receive a Royal seal of approval on Monday during a visit by the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay.

ROYAL SEAL OF APPROVAL FOR GLAMIS CASTLE GATES - Kirremuir Today
__________________
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
  #139  
Old 04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,715
Pics 21.4.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in their
role as Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, officially unveil the Queen Mother
Memorial Gates at Glamis Castle on April 21, 2008 near Forfar in Angus,
Scotland. Glamis Castle is the ancestral and childhood home of the Prince's
grandmother, Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

I love the second pic

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #140  
Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
milla Ca's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 1,515
Thank you for the pics, Eisblümchen!
______________________________
here are some from isifa:

Fotobanka isifa image service
__________
Charles and Camilla at Glamis to unveil gates
April 21

Evening Telegraph: News
___________
Prince unveils Queen Mother gates
April 21

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Tayside and Central | Prince unveils Queen Mother gates
__________________

__________________
´We will all have to account for our actions to our children and grand-children, and if we don´t get this right, how will they ever forgive us?´
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 24: May-September 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 212 09-21-2008 12:02 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 178 03-07-2008 11:03 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 19: January-March 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 83 03-01-2007 04:20 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: March-April 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 217 04-17-2006 02:06 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 203 03-08-2006 12:30 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince oscar princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's daytime outfits psychopath queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikh hamdan bin mohammed state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises