The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:00 PM

If Lord Bath says it's a good idea, you can always disregard it totally.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

That's a lttle harsh, he is only slightly batty!

Old 08-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I thought that was nice that Prince Charles wanted to be kept abreast of the matter and stated how he pretty much has to stay nuetral.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
You must be reading the grocery store check out line rags. Just disregard them. Soon they will have Camilla pregnant with Elvis Presley's child.
I must have seen the same tabloid at the store! I would hope that it is fiction, although the rumors about Charles and Diana sadly turned out to be true.

What a mess it would be if Charles and Camilla couldn't make a go of it.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

After a 30 year rollercoaster to get where they are now, I doubt very much that what is being written, has any substance at all.

I think that Camilla may have a better understanding of what Diana had to put up with in way of being (officially) 'public property' and no doubt can sympathise in this respect.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I thought that was nice that Prince Charles wanted to be kept abreast of the matter and stated how he pretty much has to stay nuetral.
He seems to show interest in a massive amount of projects but because of all the 'media attacks', it appears he now has to emphasize his neutrality.

What a strange world we live in, that democracy and freedom of speech are denied to our future king.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He seems to show interest in a massive amount of projects but because of all the 'media attacks', it appears he now has to emphasize his neutrality.

What a strange world we live in, that democracy and freedom of speech are denied to our future king.
It means that Prince Charles is closer to the throne than ever before. He must try to exercise more slience on his views like what the example the Queen set before him. I want to hear him more but I want to see a more calmed and more sensible Prince Charles. Sometimes I found him too honest to tell a white lie. A strange person neverless I like him very much. I see some book said that Charles now try to let his Prince's charities to stand on their feet.When he became the King, he had to let it go. I think he will probably miss the limited freedom of being Prince of Wales when he become King. I feel happy and proud for him because he had so many things to be remebered by us. He is a great Prince of Wales.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
It means that Prince Charles is closer to the throne than ever before. He must try to exercise more slience on his views like what the example the Queen set before him. I want to hear him more but I want to see a more calmed and more sensible Prince Charles. Sometimes I found him too honest to tell a white lie. A strange person neverless I like him very much. I see some book said that Charles now try to let his Prince's charities to stand on their feet.When he became the King, he had to let it go. I think he will probably miss the limited freedom of being Prince of Wales when he become King. I feel happy and proud for him because he had so many things to be remebered by us. He is a great Prince of Wales.
Yes, staying neutral on matters, not "getting involved" is good for him since he can't take on every issue and especially with his destiny so close to fruition. I'm glad that he does take interest in causes, it shows he really cares.

I agree that he will uphold the standards set before him but his track record on matters like these will be remembered in the future and his people will know how much he cares. He will have to be more "contained" in his actions and opinions when he is king but I find that not be a problem. I don't know too much about him because of lack of true media coverage but I do feel he's a upright guy like you've stated. A great Prince of Wales , you say? He's really a king in disguise.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
He will have to be more "contained" in his actions and opinions when he is king but I find that not be a problem. I don't know too much about him because of lack of true media coverage but I do feel he's a upright guy like you've stated. A great Prince of Wales , you say? He's really a king in disguise.
He will do a splendid job as king but like any job he will grow into it, when the time comes.

I'm sure very few of us were perfect workers, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, parents, etc, right at the start!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He will do a splendid job as king but like any job he will grow into it, when the time comes.

I'm sure very few of us were perfect workers, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, parents, etc, right at the start!
Very true but he has had "many" years of training. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road but he will take it in stride.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal couple make first visit to Brum

PRINCE Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall are to make their first official visit to Birmingham as a couple since their marriage in April last year.
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/...name_page.html
Old 09-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Some pictures of C+C at Braemar Games Highland Gathering

gettyimages
Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Aww they look so happy together and good to see The Queen there as well.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Royals in hoots of laughter at Braemar games
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/
Old 09-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Royals in hoots of laughter at Braemar games
ROYALS IN HOOTS OF LAUGHTER AT BRAEMAR GAMES
My, my my! They really are an uptight family aren't they! :w00t2:
Old 09-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
My, my my! They really are an uptight family aren't they! :w00t2:

These pictures are the ultimate proof of it
Old 09-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

The pictures from Hello are absolutely hilarious. I've never laughed so much at people having a good time. They seem to be having a total blast!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

looks like everyones having fun.
just curious about the tartan camilla is wearing. it doesn't match charles and i wondered if it was her personal tartan, her familes or a new design just for her. i know very little about the tartan history and an eager to learn more. thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
just curious about the tartan camilla is wearing. it doesn't match charles and i wondered if it was her personal tartan, her familes or a new design just for her. i know very little about the tartan history and an eager to learn more. thanks
It is Balmoral tartan which is reserved for the royal family
Old 09-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

thanks so much for the information, does that mean charles is wearing the prince of wales tartan. why isn't the queen wearing tartan? is it to not appear partial at the games? charles and camilla always look so happy in each others company.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales