The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

At first I was just joking. But if they were my grandsons, I personally would be closer to Wills b/c he is alot easier to handle.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
At first I was just joking. But if they were my grandsons, I personally would be closer to Wills b/c he is alot easier to handle.
Love is not always about loving someone who is "easier to handle." Life is not that easy and clear cut. Especially not when it comes to your relatives. By your measurement of things, the boys' mother would be hard to love because she struggled with numerous personal matters.

Any parent and grandparent will tell you that they love all their children and grandchildren equally. And that they likely have a greater soft spot for the ones who find themselves in more trouble because they are "lost" or "still trying to find themselves."

Old 04-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Harry flunked Sandhurst test:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12862997-13
Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Commoner

Oh dear, poor Harry. :( I really hope that he gets in, he seems like (if he applied himself) very good miltary material. Plus I like a man in uniform :p
Old 04-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if he'll find time to study and catch up a bit while he's off frolicking with Chelsea.
Old 04-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not shocked that Harry flunked the Sandhurst test. It has been well documented that Harry is not a genius and likes to have a laugh and fun more than anything. However I do agree that he seems to enjoy the military regime and seems cut out for the physical aspects, etc. The military would be a good fit and give him a purpose. But Sandhurst is a demanding school. So I can only hope he hits the books and improves so that he can attend.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Commoner

New pics of Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone knows where we can find them but with more quality??? , I think they were shotted by his 20 b-day.:p

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862618

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862617

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862616

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862615

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862614

http://www.isifa.com/functions/water...ummer=10862613

About his failed pc test... Harry ypu need a bit of practise with people like us
Old 04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

How does he flunk a test and still get in?
Old 04-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

From Hello: http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...5/princeharry/

15 APRIL 2005

Prince Harry is already beginning to feel the pressures of military life after he failed a computer skills test at Sandhurst. The 20-year-old was asked to complete a set of tasks during a familiarisation day at the renowned military academy, but was apparently left stumped by several of the questions.
Insiders at the institution have given assurances the trial was not a formal exam and will have no bearing on his future career. "The computer test was a lot more complex than just sending e-mails," explained one source. "The day was to give Harry a flavour of what life will be like at Sandhurst. He wasn't judged on his performance - it was more of a chance for officers to assess his strong and weak points."

The young Prince is currently enjoying his last days as a civilian before starting his training at Sandhurst. And although he may want to brush up on his software skills, the fun-loving royal has been commended on his performance in other military exercises. In his last year at Eton he impressed officers by winning the Cadet Corps' top rank, Cadet Officer, and leading the annual trooping of the colour parade.

Among those wishing him good luck as he begins the latest phase of his life will be older brother William, who is likewise expected to join the academy. "Definitely I would like to go to Sandhurst," revealed Wills last year, before joking: "That's why I put my brother in as a guinea pig first."

1. The 20-year-old, seen here as a Cadet Officer at Eton, starts his formal training next month. Upon graduation he is expected to join the Household Cavalry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0005.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	126297  
Old 04-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Nobility

This whole thing leaves me yet again wondering, why is he going to Sandhurst? He failed one of his A-levels, his grades are supposedly terrible, he's delayed entry by several months in order to go galavanting around the world with his girlfriend (who's family happens to be closely associated with one of Africa's most brutal dictators), and he's supposedly well behind everyone else in several regards. Perhaps British royal elitism is alive and well, invested in Harry.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Nobility

Yes, you better believe it is grecka!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Aristocracy

I never understand the purpose of gap year except to lazy a boy. And Harry does not have good gene pools, looking at his father and mother, much less good role models, so what do you expect? Some mentioned his impressive physique, well, fancy milk coupled with expensive meals would do that, but nourishing his brain do require time and efforts which are not on his schedule at the moment since he is on the gap thing and if that is not now, I'm afraid will be too late. Do you know our learning years(brain cell development years if I'm correct) is between 16 and 23? Don't ask me why 23, I'm just repeating what I read.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori
I never understand the purpose of gap year except to lazy a boy. And Harry does not have good gene pools, looking at his father and mother, much less good role models, so what do you expect? Some mentioned his impressive physique, well, fancy milk coupled with expensive meals would do that, but nourishing his brain do require time and efforts which are not on his schedule at the moment since he is on the gap thing and if that is not now, I'm afraid will be too late. Do you know our learning years(brain cell development years if I'm correct) is between 16 and 23? Don't ask me why 23, I'm just repeating what I read.
Actually, peak learning occurs between the ages of 3 and 10. What is neveloping during the teen years and is not fully developed until approximately the age of 23 is the frontal lobe, which is the area of critical thinking. Also the limbic system is developing which is the area that controls emotions. That is why teenagers are more impulsive than adults, they "think with their emotions" without having a full sense of consequences until after the fact.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Harry can't compute

http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpag...690850,00.html

Britain's Prince Harry, due to start his army officer training in May, has been told to brush up on his computer skills by officers at the elite Sandhurst military academy.

Colonel Roy Parkinson, protocol officer at the academy, said on Friday that the 20-year-old prince had undergone a series of tests, physical and academic, to measure his strengths and weaknesses ahead of his arrival on May 8.

He said Harry "had no problem with the physical tests" but offered no direct comment on the prince's performance in the computer skills assessment.

The Daily Mirror newspaper reported earlier that the prince had failed his computer assessment.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is of the internet age, yet he cannot use it. Interesting...
Old 04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

how can that be. it seems to be impossible not to use computers these days no matter what country. every country is wired whether getting on a subway or ordering food. only impovershed countries are computer free but i bet you can still find some somewhere.
he has major issues if he can't use computers well!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Majesty

A lot would depend on the reasons they are using the computers.

Many of my students, who come from wealthy families and have computers at home, can't use a word processor properly because they don't ever do any more than simply type their work, spell check and print. They can't justify, or cut and paste, change font etc. Others do some incredible things and teach me a lot.

If asked to do any more they think you are crazy.

Harry may be very good at using some aspects of the computer but not all aspects and that is why he failed.

In NSW we are introducing compulsory computer skills tests for all Year 10 students this year in order to raise the skill level of young people and teachers, who all have to be able to teach the skills. Last years trial test resulted in something like 50% of the state not reaching the minimum standard in at least one area. Our students did well on emailing (98% pass) but searching the internet was not good (35% pass) just as an example.

As for the gap year thing it is increasing in popularity not only in Britain but also now here as about 10% of students in NSW are now to defer university for a year or so to go travelling or to work for the year to earn the money to put themselves through university.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Commoner

I'll just add to chrissy57's comment:

At my school we had to do 3 years of computer processing with Word and Excel, and typing. We all had to learn to type and then adjust documents. Also at university doing a business degree, we were required to do a semester of Word and Excel for the work force (this was in QLD btw)

A lot of kids just use a computer to play games and nothing more. Or like chrissy57 said, they type up an assignment and spell check and ta da! All done. Theres so much more functions which kiddies aren't aware of. So Harry probably never did a computer course at Eton, or maybe its been so long since he was out of school he has forgotten everything!!

I didn't take a gap year, but a gap 6 months. I went and just did some reception work to find my feet and what I wanted to do in my life. Best decision ever. So Harry should take as much time as he needs (within reason) there is no point joining the army then having to quit disgracefully when he is not happy there. However I think he should start to settle down now, its about time.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Majesty

[QUOTE=grecka]This whole thing leaves me yet again wondering, why is he going to Sandhurst? He failed one of his A-levels, QUOTE]

Which A-level did he fail?

I thought he only did two and got a B and D both of which are passing grades.

Did he do a third one? If so what was it?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, he did fail his final exams the year before.

Tags
prince harry