Prince Harry Current Events 6: May-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsy's father runs a preserve where endangered species are hunted. ENDANGERED SPECIES PEOPLE!! It goes beyond that. In Zimbabawe there have been insanely violent land confiscations and as a result famine has resulted, also now Mugabe is destroying cities. As for Maxima, well, this affects Britain more directly. Plus Chelsy is a "party girl"; anyone who does a twenty minute screw in a public bathroom no less is not Duchess material.

She's far from pretty. She has a nose like a pig's snout.

I completely agree. She kind of looks trashy.

Harry's lessons in how to act like a proper prince javascript:void window.open('http:/...=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no');javascript:void window.open('http:/...=400,height=250,directories=no,location=no'); Tuesday, 14 June 2005
harry%20queen%20face.jpg
ON recent form, Prince Harry is more likely to be seen being carried out of a nightclub than attending a high-society dinner party.

But along with his fellow recruits at Sandhurst, he is about to be given lessons in how to behave at the table.

Starting today, Officer Cadet Wales, as he is known at the Royal Military College in Surrey, will be put through his paces on a course entitled 'The Exemplary Officer'.

Covering everything from which cutlery to use at the dinner table to how to give the loyal toast, the course is designed to bring students up to scratch in the standards expected of a British Army officer.

Other topics tackled during the three, hour-long classes include conversational skills, such as making sure you talk to the person on your left for the first course, followed by the person to your right for the main.

There are also certain rules peculiar to the Army, such as those forbidding cadets from leaving the table to visit the lavatory until the end of the Loyal Toast.

One of the worst faux pas would be to pass the port incorrectly. It is always served by the host of the evening who will pour a glass for the person seated to his right, then himself before passing the bottle round the table to the left.

In some regiments the decanter is not allowed to touch the table while others insist it never leaves it.

The cadets' social skills will be examined at a five-course 'mess dinner' in the officers' quarters.

All in all it should prove quite a test for 20-year-old Harry, whose deportment often leaves much to be desired.

Since he joined Sandhurst five weeks ago, he has twice been criticised over his 'attitude' - once when he was caught lounging around on a wall instead of standing to attention.

'Twenty-five years ago a course such as this simply wouldn't have been needed,' said a college source. 'Nowadays, however, new recruits come from such diverse backgrounds - less than half from public schools - and it was deemed necessary to ensure they all have the same social skills.

'The mess dinners are a crucial part of an officer's life and have a unique etiquette involved, so a little coaching will never go amiss.'

One former Sandhurst cadet said yesterday: 'Given his upbringing, Harry should have a good start on how to behave. 'But he should be warned of a few tricks the new cadets like to play during mess dinners.

'Sometimes they tie your chair leg to the table so you cannot stand when it comes to the toasts.

'And it has been known for people to move their dinner plate only to find a naked picture carefully placed underneath it.'

By Rebecca English, Royal Correspondent
Daily Mail June 14 2005

From Hellomagazine.com

prharry-dop1a.jpg
HARRY LEARNS THE FACTS OF LIFE AT SANDHURST
Prince Charles' younger son Prince Harry will be getting crash courses in sex ed and social skills as part of his military training at Sandhurst.

Along with fellow military cadets, the Prince will be attending a two-hour lecture entitled "The Facts Of Life" this week, learning about contraception and sexually transmitted diseases.

And while the young recruits will be schooled on such private matters, they'll also learn how to put on a good public face as well. Officer Cadet Wales, as he is known at the prestigious academy, is also expected to adopt impeccable table manners in a course called "The Exemplary Officer".

There, Harry, who has been reprimanded for his "attitude" in the past, will learn conversation skills, proper use of cutlery and toasting etiquette, all in preparation for a gruelling five-course dinner examination.

BBC NEWS

Media urged to give Harry privacy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4109266.stm

Media urged to give Harry privacy

_40643110_prince_203.jpg
Prince Harry began his military training in May

Prince Harry should be entitled to the same amount of privacy as any other young person who is studying, the Defence Secretary, John Reid, has said.

He asked the media to respect the prince's privacy as he begins his training at Sandhurst Military Academy.

"Give this young man the same degree of privacy which his brother was given and which every other young person is entitled during... education," he said.

His comments came after a Sun reporter breached security at Sandhurst.

The reporter spent hours in the academy grounds, filming cadets and even assembling a fake bomb.

Dr Reid has ordered a security review after the newspaper printed photos of cadets, including one it claimed was Prince Harry.

o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
People are entitled to ask me to make sure the security is what we would expect of a service man and woman
end_quote_rb.gif

Defence Secretary, John Reid

However, Clarence House and Sandhurst denied the cadet was the prince.

On ITV's Jonathan Dimbleby programme on Sunday, Dr Reid said the issue of security and privacy were separate.

"The security of all soldiers, sailors, air men and women, irrespective of their families and their background, people are entitled to ask me to make sure the security is what we would expect of a service man and woman.

"But there is another issue and that is the entitlement to some degree of privacy of a young man, in this case Harry, who's undergoing his education and training." But he said the media should continue "their watch on security at all our barracks". Prince Harry began his Army training in May.

Prince Harry watches his brother Wiliam and Father Prince Charles compete with the Highgrove Polo Team for the Calcot Manor Hotel cup at Beaufort Polo Club, Gloucestershire on June 19, 2005 in Tetbury, England. Highgrove defeated the Laird Team for this charity championship in aid of the Countryside Foundation for Education.

Attachments

• 53102717.jpg
    53102717.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 295
I take it that his training at Sandhurst is done?...Weekend off? I thought he had to be there longer before his training was finished...hmm...(I don't know much about Sandhurst, hopefully someone else does)

He had to remain on "campus" for the first five weeks of training. He is now permitted to leave for weekends, and "free time." He still has a ton of training, he just isn't confined to the Sandhurst grounds anymore.

HRH Prince Harry takes part in the Trooping Of New Colours alongside his fellow officer cadets at the Royal Military Academy on June 21, 2005 in Sandhurst, England. HRH Queen Elizabeth II was due to present the new colours military awards for the first time since 1991, but has cancelled the engagement with her grandson due to a cold.

Attachments

• 53111175.jpg
    53111175.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 53111177.jpg
    53111177.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 234
  • 53111179.jpg
    53111179.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 244
  • 53111283.jpg
    53111283.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 53111271.jpg
    53111271.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 261
  • 53111222.jpg
    53111222.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 53111221.jpg
    53111221.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 53111217.jpg
    53111217.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 53111216.jpg
    53111216.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 53111214.jpg
    53111214.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
More Pictures Of The Event:)

Attachments

• 53111285.jpg
    53111285.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 268
  • 53111288.jpg
    53111288.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 53111292.jpg
    53111292.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 53111297.jpg
    53111297.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 53111295.jpg
    53111295.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 53111328.jpg
    53111328.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
his parents Prince Charles will proud! and also his mum the late Princess Diana will proud of Harry!

Sara Boyce

He looks good in uniform! Although I'm a sucker for a man in uniform.

Military life seems to sit well with Harry, he seems to do well at it, as though it comes "easy" to him. (I don't mean being a soldier is easy-just that he seems to handle it all better then some...) He always looks so proud...

I was wondering what medal is he wearing ?

Britters said:
He looks good in uniform! Although I'm a sucker for a man in uniform.

Military life seems to sit well with Harry, he seems to do well at it, as though it comes "easy" to him. (I don't mean being a soldier is easy-just that he seems to handle it all better then some...) He always looks so proud...

Hehee...glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that! I agree that with how you explained the "being a soldier comes easy to him".

Great pictures everyone!

BBC NEWS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4116934.stm

Prince Harry parades at Sandhurst

_40650864_harry_300.jpg
Prince Harry was among 755 officer cadets on parade

Prince Harry paraded publicly for the first time when he joined fellow Sandhurst officer cadets as the military academy received its Colours.

His grandmother, the Queen, had originally planned to present the Colours - the military flag - but cancelled after she caught a cold.

Harry, 20, was among 755 cadets who stood to attention in front of the Old College building in Camberley, Surrey.

Chief of the Defence Staff Sir Michael Walker presented the Colours.

It has been over 30 years since the academy performed the formal ceremony.

Prince Harry marched in step and raised his hat in three cheers to the Queen during the parade.

Standing in line, second from the end in the second row from the back, the Prince was spoken to by Gen Walker, but simply nodded in response.

o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
The challenges that lie ahead will test to the full your character, your physical endurance and your intellect
end_quote_rb.gif

The Queen

Addressing guests and cadets, Gen Walker said: "I'm sure you all wish to join me in wishing Her Majesty good speed for a rapid and full recovery."

He also read out a personal message from the Queen.

"The challenges that lie ahead will test to the full your character, your physical endurance and your intellect.

"You will have the privilege of commanding men and women of the highest quality and that privilege demands a strong sense of responsibility and the need to set an example and to remain true to the Sandhurst motto 'Serve To Lead'," the message said. The event was one of three that the Queen, 79, declined to attend, including a reception for the Centenary of the Friends of the Elderly and an audience with the president of Singapore. More than 3,500 members of cadets' families, friends and staff will gather to watch Tuesday's formal occasion.

Here are a few others I found...(Same polo game)

Attachments

• will harry.jpg
    will harry.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 303
  • will harry 2.jpg
    will harry 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 341
  • harry.jpg
    harry.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 259
  • harry 2.jpg
    harry 2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 248
the medal Harry had looks like the one he and Wills received on Queen's Golden Jubilee. but i'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom