Prince Harry Current Events 5: January-May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't the British Royals doing well? We'll soon have ***** as queen and a young one as Princess Harry. The Queen must be clinging to her job for all she's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
james said:
Aren't the British Royals doing well? We'll soon have ***** as queen and a young one as Princess Harry. The Queen must be clinging to her job for all she's worth.

She can't really abdicate.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
She can't really abdicate.

HM Queen cant abdicate because she very strong woman and she very rules for more over 50 years since 1950's

HM Queen Beatrix of Netherland's mother had it! but HM Queen Elizabeth dont have because her mother never have abdicate if im correct or im wrong.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
HM Queen cant abdicate because she very strong woman and she very rules for more over 50 years since 1950's

HM Queen Beatrix of Netherland's mother had it! but HM Queen Elizabeth dont have because her mother never have abdicate if im correct or im wrong.

Sara Boyce

The Queen Elizabeth's mother was never the reigning monarch she was the Queen consort so she couldn't abdicate. If I recall correctly, the British believe that one reigns until death. Abdicating is usually not an option.

Ennyllorac said:
If I recall correctly, the British believe that one reigns until death. Abdicating is usually not an option.
I have a question. did Queen victoria's son and grandson passed away before Victoria, then her great grandson take the throne (I think) when she dead?...thanks

Succession

galuhcandrakirana said:
I have a question. did Queen victoria's son and grandson passed away before Victoria, then her great grandson take the throne (I think) when she dead?...thanks

No. Queen Victoria was followed by her eldest son who became King Edward VII.

However, Edward's eldest son, Prince Eddy ("Collar and Cuffs") died in 1892, just after he became engaged to Princess May of Teck.

Queen Victoria, who saw great potential in Princess May, encouraged her engagement to Edward's second son (Eddy's brother), Prince George of Wales, who in turn succeeded his father to take the Throne as King George V in 1910.

Thanks for the explanation, but I don't know about Princess May of teck, what the relationship beetween her and Princess Mary of teck....

May = Mary

galuhcandrakirana said:
Thanks for the explanation, but I don't know about Princess May of Teck, what the relationship beetween her and Princess Mary of Teck....

Princess May of Teck and Queen Mary are one and the same.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Thanks for the explanation, but I don't know about Princess May of teck, what the relationship beetween her and Princess Mary of teck....

Princess Victoria Mary (and a string of other names) of Teck was known as May because her birthday was in May. When her husband became King, she became known as Queen Mary. Since there was already a Princess Victoria (George V's sister) and there had been a long-standing Queen Victoria, it was probably felt that "Queen Mary" would be less confusing than "Queen Victoria" or "Queen Victoria Mary".

I'm back at work tomorrow after a British Bank Holiday. I am not in the best of moods about getting up at 6.30AM nor about the tax I am paying partly to keep Prince Harry who hasn't contributed to this country since leaving school over two years ago either by God forbid, working, or carrying out public engagements. His constant holidays whilst living at Clarence House at MY expense is starting to irritate and yes I know he is about to start at Sandhurst but will I get a tax rebate on what he has cost me for the past two years?

james said:
I'm back at work tomorrow after a British Bank Holiday. I am not in the best of moods about getting up at 6.30AM nor about the tax I am paying partly to keep Prince Harry who hasn't contributed to this country since leaving school over two years ago either by God forbid, working, or carrying out public engagements. His constant holidays whilst living at Clarence House at MY expense is starting to irritate and yes I know he is about to start at Sandhurst but will I get a tax rebate on what he has cost me for the past two years?

You haven't been supporting him. He is supported by his father whose income is from the Duchy of Cornwall estate. If you claim that you support his father then you claim that anyone who has inherited their means of support is being supported by the taxpayers e.g. the Duke of Westminster, the Duke of Devonshire and Earl Spencer. These men get their income from their inherited estates as does Charles.

You should also check your facts - Harry left school less than two years ago. Like many wealthy Brits he then took a year's gap leave which was extended by initially six months and then due to injury an extra three months but that all ends on Saturday when he commits himself to at least six years military service to the country he will continue to serve throughout his life, just as his parents do and did and his paternal grandparents still do even though they are well past the age at which you will probably be retired with your feet up rather than still doing your job.

No member of the Wales family receives any taxpayers money. The only Royals who do receive money from the taxpayers are the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. Any other money paid to members of the Royal family is reimbursed by the Queen.

Remember that the Civil List is in return for the income of the Crown Estates going to the government. Actually the monarch is worse off under that arrangement by about 88 million pounds per year so you should be thanking the royal family for saving you tax pounds. Of course if the Royal Family were getting the full amount they would be paying for all the magistrates and judges as well but does that cost 88 million pounds?

Last edited:
Facts or emotion?

Echo7 said:
You tell them!

Well, yes!

Thanks again Chrissy57 for providing a few FACTS to counter an emotional response. It seems the bitterness to the marriage of Charles and Camilla is now spreading beyond the couple themselves. I wonder how long before we hear claims that the taxpayer is supporting Tom and Laura Parker-Bowles?

The cost to each taxpayer of supporting the royal family amounts to pennies a year. I doubt that a person would notice the tax refund even if it were given. It turns out that the cost of supporting the British royal family isn't high compared with the cost of supporting the leaders and ex-leaders of western republics.

On the other hand, Prince Harry and the Clarence House advisers might be well advised to remember that the British public has not been all that tolerant over the last several years of young royals who don't seem to be carrying their weight. The idea of royalty, at least from the time of King George and Queen Mary, has been that privilege should be combined with duty and responsibility; the notion of young senior royals taking high-profile advantage of the former while appearing to avoid the latter has never gone down very well. Unfortunately, in the rush of newspapers to be controversial, exotic vacations and glitzy parties and nightclubbing with girlfriends will always command a higher profile than charity work, which I think Harry's also been doing in his gap year.

Elspeth said:
Unfortunately, in the rush of newspapers to be controversial, exotic vacations and glitzy parties and nightclubbing with girlfriends will always command a higher profile than charity work, which I think Harry's also been doing in his gap year.

Didn't he do charity work while he was there this time? The positive stuff never gets published.

Well, it gets published in small type on page 157 for people who are really prepared to search for it - but you're right, it's the scandal that sells.

Warren said:
Princess May of Teck and Queen Mary are one and the same.
Elspeth said:
Princess Victoria Mary (and a string of other names) of Teck was known as May because her birthday was in May. When her husband became King, she became known as Queen Mary. Since there was already a Princess Victoria (George V's sister) and there had been a long-standing Queen Victoria, it was probably felt that "Queen Mary" would be less confusing than "Queen Victoria" or "Queen Victoria Mary".
One more new good knowledge I got from this forum, Thank you

Elspeth said:
Well, it gets published in small type on page 157 for people who are really prepared to search for it - but you're right, it's the scandal that sells.

Yes, its a real shame.

i read majesty magazine about Prince Harry will published of books around UK bookstores or whatever! if I would order from Majesty magazine they i would get that his books i would wanted that!

Sara Boyce

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
What sort of books?

what you're talking about? Prince Harry's books?

yes i read Majesty magazine that Prince Harry's books will getting order from Majesty magazine not same just different im not sure what name is if you are subscribe of Majesty magazine or you go to the bookstores see Prince Harry's books about that

Sara Boyce

Clarence House, where Harry lives, is not paid for by the Duchy of Cornwall but by the taxpayer and yes I do find it irritating that Camilla's father is also ensconsed there at the country's expense. Since I am paying to keep the roof over their heads I am entitled to my opinion. Although bearing in mind the complete apathy, if not hostility, that now exists towards the Monarchy among many people I doubt I will have to bother about this issue once the Queen passes away.

Last edited:
sara1981 said:
what you're talking about? Prince Harry's books?

yes i read Majesty magazine that Prince Harry's books will getting order from Majesty magazine not same just different im not sure what name is if you are subscribe of Majesty magazine or you go to the bookstores see Prince Harry's books about that

Sara Boyce

I would guess both.

Keep smiling!

james said:
Clarence House, where Harry lives, is not paid for by the Duchy of Cornwall but by the taxpayer and yes I do find it irritating that Camilla's father is also ensconsed there at the country's expense. Since I am paying to keep the roof over their heads I am entitled to my opinion. Although bearing in mind the complete apathy, if not hostility, that now exists towards the Monarchy among many people I doubt I will have to bother about this issue once the Queen passes away.

It's always nice when contributors to these Forums have a bright and happy attitude towards life isn't it?

However, I'm a bit concerned about this alleged apathy and/or hostility; I don't quite understand how The Queen can be separated from "the Monarchy", while the elderly (and "ensconsed") Major Shand is somehow contributing to its downfall.

Never mind; cheer up and keep a positive attitude; there must be more important things in life to fret about than the fact that Prince Harry and Camilla's father reside at Clarence House.

:) :)

Last edited:
If we're talking about Camilla's father, it's Major Shand. I sincerely hope that Mr Parker Bowles, who is Camilla's ex-husband, is not living there.

Oops!

Elspeth said:
If we're talking about Camilla's father, it's Major Shand. I sincerely hope that Mr Parker Bowles, who is Camilla's ex-husband, is not living there.

:eek: I have gone bright red, and will quickly go and correct my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom