Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Harry seems to handling the breakup well. He's in Miami for Guy's stag party.

Prince Harry parties in Miami on best friend's stag party ahead of Memphis wedding | Mail Online

That's exactly how I would expect him to cope! Mates and good times. That's Harry, and part of the reason we love him. :lol: Plus, I'm not sure that's Harry as he only wears the blue plaid shirt of late.
OH - and the article has sparked my new FAVORITE DM flub: [FONT=&quot]"The Prince was said to have been uaccompanied by just one large bodyguard"[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but the hair seems too long to be Harry. Looks more like his best friend and partner in crime Skippy.

^^Seeing the "front picture", I am 99% sure that's Skippy.

Last edited:
He is only just back on the market after separating from his long-term girlfriend.
But if Prince Harry was looking to find a new woman to take his mind off Cressida Bonas he had plenty of options at his best friend’s wedding.
An array of beauties were among those invited to celebrate Guy Pelly’s marriage to Lizzy Wilson, the granddaughter of the Holiday Inn hotel empire founder.

Twerking Prince Harry is king of the dance at friend's wedding | Mail Online

Lovelorn Prince Harry toured Elvis Presley’s Graceland to the sound of Heartbreak Hotel as it emerged he has shunned his hard-partying friends in a bid to win back Cressida Bonas.
A sombre Harry, 29, refused to join in late-night high-jinks to celebrate the wedding of close pal Guy Pelly in Memphis this weekend.
While others in the 150-strong party stayed up until 3am at Memphis’s five-star Peabody Hotel – at one point racing through the lobby slapping each other’s bottoms while clutching overflowing champagne glasses – an absent Harry remained resolutely out of public view.

Prince Harry goes to bed early during wedding of Guy Pelly in Memphis | Mail Online

Well, he is home now. I expect we will soon see what the go is with Cressida and Henry.:tea:

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1h
May 28: Prince Harry will attend the presentation of new Standards to the Household Cavalry & attend their Garden Party at Buckingham Palace

This will be the first time Harry attends a Garden Party at BP, won't it?

Prince Harry seems not to know the concept "Solidity comes by feet and goes away on horseback" (meaning: it is harder to build up a solid image than to lose it).

The image might be 100% wrong, but by freewheeling through the British media landscape these weeks, one only reads about Harry partying, Harry splitting up, Harry looking for comfort, Harry dating, Harry with "celebs". The same counts for his cousines Beatrice and Eugenie.

I know that in media nothing is so easily mis(in)formed as the truth, but it is the image which sticks to the general public. Maybe it is me, but on me Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie make an impression of ultra-lightweight do-not-know-what-to-do-now persons. They miss a certain maturity and substance. Reading the comments sections in the newpspapers (yes, I know... trolls, open sewer, vitriol, et al... but still...) the communis opinio seems to share my idea. From Harry's good record (mainly his commitment to the military) little is left since his partying and flings have the overhand again.

What is your opinion on this?

I think the situation with Harry is very different to that of Beatrice and Eugenie.

Whilst the tabloids may be obsessed with his relationship break-up and this is what they may choose to focus on, there is no doubt about his commitment to the causes he supports, and his focus on his charitable endevours. He is clearly transitioning from a front-line role in the armed forces to a slightly different role, and at the same time he is increasing the share of royal engagements he carries out.

The problem for a vast majority of the UK press is that they would much rather focus on why he may be seeing than what he actually does during the day. As to the flings you refer to, as far as I know, he was in a relationship with Cressida for c2 years - hardly a fling, and not something you can fault him for.

Beatrice I think is a slightly different kettle of fish. She is struggling to stand on her own two feet, and appears quite happy to be photographed at all sorts of C-list celebrity events. Eugenie, to her credit, appears to have a proper job, and seems to be trying to build a life for herself independent of The Firm - so well done to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing like a young, good looking, charismatic and dashing single prince to make young girl's hearts flutter all over the world and Harry most certainly does that. Its probably why they created a lookalike for a Harry based reality show. We all know too that its stuff like this that sells in the rags of the world looking to increase their market. I think if we could flash back our technology of instant news to the 70s, the same would have happened with the "Action Man" Prince Charles during his bachelor days. We saw the start of the media frenzy into "gossip" items as Charles dated a young Diana Spencer.

There is nothing really lightweight and frivolous though about Harry when it comes down to who he sees himself as and how he works for what he believes in. I think if one takes a good look at the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, they'll notice its divided into three main categories. The armed forces, young people and conservation. The armed forces charities and events have been, for the most part, Harry's. They're not just gala parties and rubbing elbows with the great and the good and the loaded to the hilts either. Harry has actively been a part of Walking with the Wounded to the extent that he's joined their treks to the North Pole and most recently to the South Pole. Now we're seeing the birth of the Invictus games. His aim I believe was not only to stress the programs in his own country but to support it globally. As an active member of the armed services, he's dedicated to make sure those that were injured in their service to preserve freedom and the way of life many of us hold dear get the help and support that is so needed as they return to civilian life. Its true that the race to the South Pole didn't get the media attention as much as Harry's split from Cressida, but if you ask me, I found it much more touching to read about Harry building a castle loo out of ice than what he drank and who he parties with in Tennessee. Ah well. That's because I do have an interest in those things. How often does one think of Sentebale when they think of Harry? For the most part, I think the general public has no clue what it is and Harry has been deeply involved in that for a very long time.

Harry is no lightweight. It is the media promotion of him to the lightweight minds of those who buy the stories that paint him this way.

:previous:Very well put
It is the media promotion of him to the lightweight minds of those who buy the stories that paint him this way.
This, IMO, is the fundamental point!

For the good order and understanding: it is no personal attack against Prince Harry and I do think he does good work. He has impressed me very much with his commitment to the military, his ability to connect with people (his strong point!). It is only an observation of the general mood in the media landscape. What I hear and read and see about Prince Harry is usually not his good work but his eh... "free time activities".

What I read is that Harry apparently became interested in buying pub in Devon after a binge evening in that etablissement, about Harry's "search" for a new mate (and he unintendedly helping the media by surrounding himself with obsessed celebbies and stars, on their turn tweeting the most futile nonsenses about him around), about Harry's partying and holidaying, etc.

When I was his media strategy adviser, I would try to guide him out that celebbies corner and create him a more robust and independent image. The same for his two York cousines. For some reason even serious media as The Independent and The Guardian seem not to take Harry too au sérieux. I hope the British royal family will find a way to establish Harry more as a man of substance.

I think as Harry settles into his royal roles more so than the armed services being his priority and perhaps marries and starts a family, he will be looked on as a more mature senior royal and if my gut feelings are correct, in time, Harry will be viewed by all as William's right hand man. Those two brothers are that close. Its all about growing up and maturing and for the most of us, the years in our 20s is a time of discovery of the world around us and tasting all life has to offer and finding our own little niche in the world and the royals are no exception to this.

To be honest, even with all the antics and glitz that seems to surround Harry at this time, I would venture to say that he's got more of a grasp on what his future is going to be and what he believes in than a lot of people do. He doesn't do things by half measures or because he has to but gives 150% to what he's involved in whether it be business or pleasure.

It just takes time.

...one only reads about Harry partying, Harry splitting up, Harry looking for comfort, Harry dating, Harry with "celebs"...
Curious juxtaposition. It came just a few posts after Harry is seen promoting the Invictus Games (no surprise for those who remember his focus on disabled and rehabilitating US service personnel during his US visit last year) and if in doubt about his commitment to Invictus, visit their website - HOME | INVICTUS GAMES

And that came just a few posts after he was at a Sentebale fundraiser.
It is a truism that the wealthy - which today includes those "celebs" you find so distasteful - can afford larger donations to good causes. Which is why they are courted. It may seem to you a sign of declining standards but £1000 from a parvenu has the same monetary value to a charity as £1000 from an aristo.

I hope the British royal family will find a way to establish Harry more as a man of substance.
I'd suggest that Harry is doing just fine in establishing and affirming his "substance". Maybe you are focussing too much on the frivolous and placing too much import on the irrelevant.

I think people are just wondering whether or not Harry will turn out to be a man of substance or a "Peter Pan". One becomes a person of substance when one engages in activities that one is not interested. I don't see that happening yet, but it might happen yet.

Harry is a man of heart and I would choose heart over substance any day. He genuinely cares and it shows.

Harry is a man of heart and I would choose heart over substance any day. He genuinely cares and it shows.

Maybe its just me but in my eyes, a man of substance is one that puts his heart and soul into the path he follow in life.

Charles did not build up his Prince's Trust because he was doing something he had to do and had no interest in but totally the opposite. His passions are well known and he also gives his all to assure they flourish. I think both of his sons exhibit the same traits as their father in this respect.

Prince Harry seems not to know the concept "Solidity comes by feet and goes away on horseback" (meaning: it is harder to build up a solid image than to lose it)...
I agree with you. As much as I like Henry, he does have a much publicised "light weight" side. One hopes that will lessen with time but I suspect their party hard ways will not be ending any time soon and the media and public are always ready to lap that up more readily than any worthy cause they may be involved in. A damn shame they are less then perfect!!;)

The cousins are on another level altogether as you say. I don't read up on them, or their family. It is when I am experiencing a very boring waiting time at a check out that I get to see their images on the gossip mags laid out before me.

The cousins are indeed on another level. However, look at the other cousins, Peter and Zara. As far as is reported on them, they seem more like the average person of their ages - raising families, working, etc, etc. No photos or stories of them partying hard. The Gloucester kids seem to be much the same, and something tells me little Louise and James Wessex will end up along these lines.

I think Harry parties hard. I also think he does make great contributions - the South Pole trek, Sentebale, etc. What he is ultimately known for over time is anyone's guess.

What happens 25 years from now? William will be PoW or even King then. George will be grown. The media will focus on him and his siblings. Will Harry carve out a role for himself like Princess Anne or become like Princess Margaret or Prince Andrew, both of who were very popular in their younger days, as they got older, not so much.

Personally I think you are right: Harry is a man of heart. But I do not follow you that one should choose heart over substance any day. Following one's heart can also mean following one's passion. When Harry has a passion for beautiful women and gambling, he is following his heart but I hope we will agree this is a total wrong message, certainly in the public opinion.

I only want to say that I have no doubt about Harry's good intentions. He has to think more about how he appears in the broad media landscape. Since he is no longer in active duty, he has to be careful that his image is not changing into that of an ultra lightweight fiddle-faddle royal, like all Yorks including Sarah. Justified, or not justified: Andrew hits negative groundtones, Sarah has done nothing else but hitting false notes and now their daughters lack any "substance" in the general public image, however a closer look might learn their good sides. But who is having a closer look, in this world dominated by social media, reading no more than the headlines and with an attention span of 10 seconds? Harry should be careful but I hope he will find the right way again. Just move out of that celebbie world.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
Prince Harry engagements in Suffolk: he will meet young footballers and rugby players and attend the Suffolk Show on May 29.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h
Bit of a shame Harry has engagements in Suffolk on the same day most of the royal press pack will be in Scotland covering William and Kate.

Personally I think you are right: Harry is a man of heart. But I do not follow you that one should choose heart over substance any day. Following one's heart can also mean following one's passion. When Harry has a passion for beautiful women and gambling, he is following his heart but I hope we will agree this is a total wrong message, certainly in the public opinion.
Let's see, Harry has only had two girlfriends in the last few years, Chelsy and Cressida, so in my book that hardly qualifies as a "passion for beautiful women", any more than one trip to Vegas qualifies as a "passion for gambling". Except, of course, to those gullible enough to believe everything written in the Daily Mail and other rags of that ilk.

And both relationships lasted several years. He is hardly a playboy. Seems to me he really wants to have a real relationship but con’t seem to find someone willing to commit.

:previous:Maybe it's has something to do with the fact of his position in life.....I think today's women are a lot smarter and don't really want the media in their bedroom, LR or anywhere else for that matter. Given his wife would be set for life, yet she would really have no life of her own so to speak, the media, the men in gray suits(sure their still around), all the attention on all your actions in life, even going to the grocery store(poor Catherine when in Wales or even Harry at TJ Max once)........maybe all that is a big draw back for some young ladies if they come from families of wealth and position. Personally, I know that I could never do that life, I have something much more important in life that I refuse to give up: *Freedom* to do as I please! If you ever lose it, and then get it back, you never never give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom