The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Nobility

The only I saw it was on his Prince Henry of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipidea Bio. Skydragon,would threre be any likewise award for his military serivce?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
The only I saw it was on his Prince Henry of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipidea Bio. Skydragon,would threre be any likewise award for his military serivce?
Oh dear, wiki does get carried away.

IF Harry had performed an amazing act of gallantry or heroism, there are medals he could be awarded but, he didn't.

He was just an ordinary junior officer doing his job, just like the thousands of other personnel out in Afghan or Iraq, in fact he probab;y did less than private Joe Bloggs!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Defence Policy and Business | Ministers and Chiefs make statements on Prince Harry's Afghan deployment

Quote:

"What the last two months have shown is that it is perfectly possible for Prince Harry to be employed just the same as other Army officers of his rank and experience. His conduct on operations in Afghanistan has been exemplary. He has been fully involved in operations and has run the same risks as everyone else in his Battlegroup.

Prince Harry has conducted himself with professionalism for the last three months leading and fighting alongside his troops on front line operations in Helmand Province. In serving his country with distinction in dangerous circumstances, he has shown the courage and determination that are the hallmarks of everyone in our Armed Forces, many of whom are operating under very challenging circumstances. We should be proud of them all.

Subsequently, Prime Minister Gordon Brown paid tribute to Prince Harry's service in Afghanistan:
"As Sir Richard Dannatt has said, Prince Harry has been an exemplary soldier and is serving with dedication in the finest traditions of our Armed Forces. The whole of Britain will be proud of the outstanding service he is giving
Notice the words in bold what do those make you think Skydragon? Harry I also believe did foot and armoured 'recce' duties. I am just wondering where the person got the "information" that he would QGM? Would there be a military (Army) equilivent to QGM?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981 View Post
Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Defence Policy and Business | Ministers and Chiefs make statements on Prince Harry's Afghan deployment

Notice the words in bold what do those make you think Skydragon? Harry I also believe did foot and armoured 'recce' duties. I am just wondering where the person got the "information" that he would QGM? Would there be a military (Army) equilivent to QGM?
It means he did his job, the same as 1000's of others. He wasn't caught drunk on duty, he didn't hide under his bunk or refuse to do the same as every other junior officer.
Quote:
he has shown the courage and determination that are the hallmarks of everyone in our Armed Forces, many of whom are operating under very challenging circumstances. We should be proud of them all.
I can't tell you what an equivalent would be, medals are awarded for different things in the armed forces. He didn't perform any outstanding acts of bravery, therefore it is not something to even consider, IMO.

'What ifs' lead no where!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Nobility

I am looking for confirmation on several news websites but last hour (1:00 pm Central time) it was being reported on Fox News(sister station to Sky News in UK) that Prince has formally requested a meeting with The Queen regarding his intentions of asking Chelsey Davy to marry him.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkie40 View Post
I am looking for confirmation on several news websites but last hour (1:00 pm Central time) it was being reported on Fox News(sister station to Sky News in UK) that Prince has formally requested a meeting with The Queen regarding his intentions of asking Chelsey Davy to marry him.
What! I haven't read anything yet. I wonder how they came to that conclusion. I for one would be thrilled but I won't take it seriously yet.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
Could it be our favorite party boy has tamed his ways? Haven't seen pictures of him out in so long. Or maybe he's just being very smart about it now.

I've read that he cut down on the partying and the extracurricular activities because of what's going on overseas-He doesn't want to be seen to be partying while others in the military are risking their lives.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Nobility

I don't know a lot about this site so I don't know how reliable the info is but here's what Harry may have been doing lately.

The Royalist - Roll Up, Roll Up! Harry Takes His Little Pals To The Big Top

Cat
Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz View Post
I've read that he cut down on the partying and the extracurricular activities because of what's going on overseas-He doesn't want to be seen to be partying while others in the military are risking their lives.
He does seem a little more mature since his return from the war zone. If he truely believes that the wounded men he came home with are "Heroes" that may account for his change of behaviour.

I also never discount the fact that the young Royals love to play with our heads, e.g. Harry and Chelsea break up so . . . . no one is surprised she's seen out and about all on her lonesome. Harry's a heel! Harry is also overseas!

Gotcha!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Maturity and Harry don't exactly appear to go hand in glove! Still, it is nice to see this young man grow up a bit.

Cat
Old 05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I hope Harry doesn't rush into a marriage, although I'm impressed he and Chelsy have stayed together for so long.

But I wanted to say that I was reading my latest Majesty magazine and was impressed that Harry made a reference to the Battle of the Somme and trench warfare. At last, someone's decided to teach this young prince history -- and at least some of it stuck!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if H&C married- they've been together for so long through so many things- a long distance relationship is hard enough to pull off to start with, yet they have more than once. If they do, or even if they don't, gratz to them.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Aristocracy

What is happening on Moday?
harry's medal awards?
Old 05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

From the previous page, Skydragon's post #99:
Harry will be presented with his campaign medal on the 5th May, at Windsor by Princess Anne.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry Afghanistan Campaign Medal - Presentation
WINDSOR, UNITED KINGDOM - MAY 05.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Prince Harry Afghanistan Campaign Medal - Presentation - Pictures - Zimbio
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Proud Chelsy sees her soldier Prince receive a campaign medal
Old 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Majesty

It is nice to see that Chelsy has finally been acknowledged by the Royal Family. Unlike Ms. Middleton, Chelsy has got more fashionable black boots of course in my personal subjective opinion...
Proud Chelsy, William and Charles look on as Prince Harry gets campaign medal from Aunty Anne | the Daily Mail
Old 05-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Commoner

It sure must be an expert to see the big difference between the boots Kate was wearing on Sunday and the pair Chelsy was wearing today. One pair is not more fashionable than the other I would think.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Nobility

I used to find William handsome but now Harry is looking good.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry, 23, who is known within the army as Lieutenant Wales, was presented with the award by his aunt, the Princess Royal, in her capacity as colonel of the Blues and Royals

Prince Harry Receives Campaign Medal: Royal Rewarded For Afghanistan Service |Sky News|UK News

He wasn't, as was expected in No. 1's but in his desert camouflage uniform.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Glad he got it glad he was able to fight for his country !

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry