Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do the royal family call her? I know her real name isn't Michael, but she is known as Princess Michael, since she's married to him. What does he call her?

Her name is Marie Christine.

I have to say, regardless of her personality quirks, that I find it impressive that Prince and Princess Michael have remained married all these years, and appear to still be quite happy! Perhaps instead of snubbing them, the Windsor children should have paid closer attention

I have to say, regardless of her personality quirks, that I find it impressive that Prince and Princess Michael have remained married all these years, and appear to still be quite happy! Perhaps instead of snubbing them, the Windsor children should have paid closer attention
They may have remained married but both are said to have had lovers these past years, so I don't think they could have been that happy together! :ROFLMAO:

Oh Skydragon! You've shattered the illusion! I must say I'm a little surprised--they always seemed to so happy with each other. Oh well.

they both could have been very happy with the arrangement and with their marriage.

They may have remained married but both are said to have had lovers these past years, so I don't think they could have been that happy together! :ROFLMAO:

They do seem to be genuinley happy in each other's company as they attend so many events both public and private together so it's not like they're married in name only the way some couples are.

Pic 4.7.2007

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Wimbledon, London, Britain - 04 Jul 2007
- the first time we see them together at Wimbledon this year :)

---> Pic

LONDON - JULY 08: HRH Princess Michael of Kent (L) and Lord Frederick Windsor look on prior to the Men's Singles final match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Rafael Nadal of Spain during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England.
Fotobanka isifa image service

strange outfit for going to a tennis match and she looks like she has gained weight, less refined than other times. Hair seems too long for her age when she looks "bigger", she has to put it up or tie it.

LONDON - JULY 08: HRH Princess Michael of Kent (L) and Lord Frederick Windsor look on prior to the Men's Singles final match between Roger Federer of Switzerland and Rafael Nadal of Spain during day thirteen of the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Championships at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on July 8, 2007 in London, England.
Fotobanka isifa image service

Well, all the men in the photo are wearing suits and ties, and I would venture a guess and say that they are all pretty uncomfortable. Princess Michael does look a little overdone with all the black--perhaps black is simply not her color and it ages her. Anyway, I will also say that I am still surprised that Prince Michael and his wife are both having affairs! I suppose because of all the fuss when they married that I expected a bit more from them. Oh well.....I think Princess Michael resembles Uma Thurman a bit.

I don't think it should be taken as red that they have had affairs. They have totally denied these stories as have the people they were supposed to have had the affairs with (except one woman who said she had one with the Prince). It should be remembered that many sections of the media dislike them and are always trying to pin nasty things on them.

Ok, kind of silly question, and not really OT. My dad is a big tennis fan, and he noticed that each year a "pretty blonde lady" hands out the trophy at Wimbledon, or something like that, it is at Wimbledon. He thought it was the Duchess of Kent, but I somehow thought it was Princess Michael. Whoever is wrong has to buy the other a dinner, so I'm hoping it's not me!

Ok, kind of silly question, and not really OT. My dad is a big tennis fan, and he noticed that each year a "pretty blonde lady" hands out the trophy at Wimbledon, or something like that, it is at Wimbledon. He thought it was the Duchess of Kent, but I somehow thought it was Princess Michael. Whoever is wrong has to buy the other a dinner, so I'm hoping it's not me!
I'm afraid it is normally Katharine, The Duchess of Kent. :flowers:

Article One
Article Two
& Wiki

Sorry. :flowers:

Mind you, she isn't doing it any more, so these days the "pretty blonde" would be the Duke of Kent :D. Which means that neither of you is right and perhaps you can share the cost of dinner. :whistling:

Romy, I agree with you. The Princess IMO looked fine at Wimbledon. The awning over Centre Court has been torn down due to redevelopment so there was no shade from the sun that's why the Princess and other spectators wore large hats.

Why aren't Prince and Princess Michael of Kent working Royals?

They don't perform official duties. They don't have a palace supplied press officer etc.

It isn't only the heads of each branch who are working Royals, as Princess Alexandra is very much a member of the firm.

Is it just because Prince Michael gave up his rights to the throne by marrying a Catholic?

I'm not sure about why Princess Alexandra is doing royal duties, but according to Princess Alice's autobiography it seems to have been decided that the younger son of the Duke of Gloucester would be free to live his own life while the older son would be expected to take up royal duties. That didn't last long because the older son was killed so the younger son was then expected to drop his plans to become an architect and join the royal "firm" as a full-time member. The same probably applied to the sons of the Duke of Kent, although of course the elder son inherited the dukedom as a child. I'm not sure about the thinking behind Princess Alexandra doing royal duties, except that she was very popular. Perhaps the thinking was that she wasn't going to have a career so she could do royal duties till she married and had children or something.

Pics 29.7.2007

Britain´s Prince Michael of Kent, front, pictured at the Cartier International Polo Coronation Cup Final being
held at The Guards Polo Club in Windsor, England, on Sunday, July 29 2007. AP Photos

Pic 1
Pic 2

Britain´s Prince Michael of Kent, front, pictured at the Cartier International Polo Coronation Cup Final being
held at The Guards Polo Club in Windsor, England, on Sunday, July 29 2007.
Normally it is the Queen who performs this, strange Her Majesty does not attend this year.

HMQueenElizabethII , I had not thougt about that, well, it's strange, but fortunately the Queen has such good deputies..

Romy, thanks for the lovely family pic, it shows once more how Ella has
changed and it's also a nice pic as to Fred's intense look :)

Here are two pics from 1993:

Princess Michael in 1993

together with Ella in 1993

The last two pictures you've posted are very nice to compare, Iceflower,
as you wrote they were both taken in the year 93, but the styles are
so different, conservative on the second, but very "hot" on the first as
to the dress.
Here is one of the couple with Queen Mom at a horse race

http://i15.tinypic.com/4y6a7vp.jpg

Pics 16.9.2007

Princess Michael of Kent attends the Quintessentially Trunk Party, at
The Serpentine Lido on September 16, 2007 in London, England. Dave
M. Benett/Getty Images

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Thank you for the pictures iceflower. :flowers:

At her age, with her hair thinning, she needs to ensure it is tied back or up.

Photo by Ray Tang / Rex Features Lady Gabriella Windsor, Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Michael of Kent Memorial Service for Isabella Blow, Guards Chapel, London, Britain - 18 Sep 2007

IBL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom