Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 4: September 2006-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're most welcome, Marsel :flowers: I discovered similar mutualities. The music, the books (Dostoyevksi for example) and also some movies she likes are some of my favourites too - especially Elvira Madigan.

And I agree with what you said about the book - I look forward to this one because I was always interested in Mary Stuart and her descendants.

Here you can listen to another interview with Princess Michael, about her book The Serpent and the Moon: Eye on Books
Sadly I don't know when it was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the interview! :flowers:
Princess of Michael's interview was good. She did a good job presenting "The Serpent and the Moon". It is nice that she explained why she favoured Diane de Poitiers, a courtesan, over Catherine de Medici, a lawfully wedded wife.

:previous:

You're welcome. :flowers: I think, Catherine de Medici was a kind of a "strange" character.

Hi,

I also have all of Princess Michael's books and thought she did a fine job of educating us about all these people.
PM is a very intelligent and glamourous member of the British Royal Family and would probably be a very entertaining dinner guest!!

As to Catherine De Medici:-
She was pretty well used & abused by everyone around her:
1) her uncle Pope Clement VII
2) her husband Henri II
3) her children - especially Henri III
4) the French Court - the Guises & Bourbons

She lived in a time when one needed wits and smarts to survive; and out-intrigue those around you to live until tomorrow, never mind next year or next decade!!
She survived and flourished for over 50 years in 16th century France - - no easy task...
She may or may not have been a 'monster' but then, who wasn't???!!!

I also would like her as a dinner guest - - but she'd have to leave her poisons at home!!!

Larry

I also would like her as a dinner guest - - but she'd have to leave her poisons at home!!!

Larry

Indeed :lol: Well, I should have said it better - to me Catharine de Medici was/is an ambivalent character, but very interesting though! And you're right - at that times, it wasn't that easy to "survive" as monarch (if theres a time at all where this is easy) and you had to deal with very hard decisions and situations of course :flowers:

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent are in Saint Tropez,
France at the moment, spending some holidays there.
Here's a little pic from hellomagazine:

----> Pic

Thanks for the recent photos!

Years ago I remember reading an interview in which Ella Windsor mentioned something along the lines of having no memory of ever seeing her mother wearing jeans or what many of us would consider casual wear.

In another interview I remember the Princess mentioning that while her husband enjoys the sun she'd rather be off absorbing local culture and history.

These recent photos seem to corroborate both interviews! I just feel a bit uncomfortable for her in those shoes :)

iceflower,
Thanks for update on Princess Michael's activities! She looks gorgeous as usually. I am not surprised to learn that Princess Michael has never worn jeans. People of older generations views them as clothes for younger people.

My boyfriend this lucky one is just yet in Saint Tropez - I've send him a message that he should be on the lookout for them :D Thank god, she never wore jeans, I think she's so tall that it would look quite odd. :)

Thanks Dierna!
Does anyone know how to enlarge these photos? I'd love to get a closer look :flowers:

Does anyone know how to enlarge these photos?
You have to buy them. The Rex Features picture gallery is in effect a catalogue of photographs for sale.
Rex Features takes the breaching of its copyright very seriously indeed, as we found here at TRF prior to the introduction of our strict copyright rules in late 2006.

Thanks Dierna!

Does anyone know how to enlarge these photos? I'd love to get a closer look :flowers:

I'd love to too ;) But as Warren pointed out, you have to buy them or at least get a password for RexFeatures, which is only possible if you're member of a company. Altough I don't understand that its so different with Getty and Corbis, I wish I'd knew somebody with a password for Rex :whistling:

What an interesting find! I believe that's her patch of "backyard" at Kensington Palace. I saw a similar photo a few years ago but she faced in a different direction so that you could not see her coffee table or the landscaping. I can see why they'd agree to pay so much money to continue living there ... it's beautiful!

Also, I found a way to enlarge the Rex photos (using the Firefox browser or the MS Paint program). If you come across any other photos please post them. Thanks :flowers:

Those are wonderful portraits, Dierna. :flowers:
I'd never seen them before. And I think that's the first time I've seen her cat as well: Princess Michel is probably the only cat person among the Royals! :rolleyes:

Oh my what a GLAMOROUS picture that came with article, Dierna23! :flowers:
Is there any other pics of that outfit she's wearing and is that pendant a double headed eagle?

Oh my what a GLAMOROUS picture that came with article, Dierna23! :flowers:
Is there any other pics of that outfit she's wearing and is that pendant a double headed eagle?

I don't know for sure, but it really looks like that. And yes, I found this pic :flowers:

Jamd

Its from 2006.

Ms. Nichols sounds quite bitter about Prince and Princess Michael. The couple in question are people of means, who has got their reasons to fly Easy Jet. Furthermore, I do not see anything wrong with a limousine meeting them on a runway unless, of course, the limousine on a runaway violates safety rules. Queen Sofia of Spain was highly lauded for catching a commercial flight to London.

I really think Princess Michael is prone to making mistakes and that she will appear many many times in the British tabloids because of this. One can´t very well blame other people for noticing her "gaffes" it would be much better if the lady in question "looked before she leaped" or was a little more discreet but I don´t think that will ever happen, for someone so regal she is a little flamboyant for the British Court, which has been, since the time of Queen Victoria at least, very conservative.

Ladies, what did the Princess do that she is that unpopular? I know the story about the go back to the colonies-statement but she denied it. For me there is no reason here, shes beautiful and intelligent, certainly the most beautyful woman in the british royal family! She writes novels, she works, she has brain - what a gift! Maybe some people are just jelous! There will be allways failures in a humans behaviour if you search for them! And here in France she is very popular! Don't understand it.

Some of princess michael's unpopularity started as soon as she got married and two things stand out from that time.The first was that she was catholic and refused to convert to the church of england and this meant that prince michael had to give up his place in the line of succesion .This in many people's mind was reminiscent of the duke of windsor and wallis(not the catholic thing )but giving up your throne or place in the succesion for a divorced woman.Second came the fact that some in the media poo pooed her aritoctatic ancestry that it wasn't very impressive etc, the princess shot back that she was actually better connected than many british aristos and the war began.You have to remember when she got married people weren't as politically correct as they might be today.Since this time both sides have made mistakes but rightly or wrongly she has been vilified ever since.

Yes I knew these points before and still think its a shame. What about religious freedom?! It is an old fashioned rule that catholic don't have to marry a member of the british royal family without that this member loses his place in the succesion! Marie-Christine was right! Michael wouldn't have become catholic, would he?? I think the Queens words "she's a bit too grand for us" were just a joke and I've never heard her say that she feels more royal than the Queen. In fact maybe she's more royal than Diana was or the Queen mother. However one woman has to be the witch it seems and here it is the princess of Kent. What a pity!

In fact maybe she's more royal than Diana was or the Queen mother. However one woman has to be the witch it seems and here it is the princess of Kent. What a pity!

I´m glad you said maybe because she is not more royal than these two ladies,
any royal descendance is from her mother. But I am sure this has nothing to do with her unpopularity, there are many other issues. I doubt whether the fact that Prince Michael lost his place in the succession had any effect, it was very tenuous to start with, a lot of people would have had to shuffle off the mortal coil for him to even get near the throne, his children have kept their right of succession so it is a case of "who cares?"

Yes, Wisteria of course I said maybe. :) Well as far as I know she's a descendent from Catherine de Medici and her maternal family is linked to high noble austrian royal families! So, she is not a nobody I think. I really think there allways has to be a black sheep and the press decided to take her for the role, maybe because she's a foreigner??? I read a book in which they said she was quite popular until Diana married Charles because then the people had their young, beautiful princess and nobody needed the Kents any longer. Its a bit unfair, britain has a harsh press. But unless I love the country! I met the princess five years ago and she was so nice! I think she doesn't deserve all those silly headlines!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom