The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 08:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

He’s talking about when he and Gabriella was in their twenties and doing things that people in their twenties do. None of it can be surprising. Certainly, I’m not surprised by what he’s saying about Princess Michael of Kent. Her wearing that brooch, back in December, spoke volumes.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Aristocracy

You can't help but feel sorry for Lady Gabriella. She has been one of the quietest, under the radar members of the Royal Family.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:42 AM
Nobility

My first reaction to this was you dated her for 3 years and this is all you got on the royal family? Princess Michael has repeatedly embarrassed herself more. Also it was already known that her brother Frederick use to have a drug problem, so did friends of Harry, and that Harry had smoked pot. This to me implied what you know is what there is, with no bigger secrets in this family.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well that's ... unexpected

The guy is now happily married to .... a man.

Royals rally round Lady Ella after ex-lover's drug claims and brother calls him 'a despicable cad' | Daily Mail Online

This story is getting crazier by the minute.
Whoo boy...did Ella ever dodge a bullet by not marrying THAT one...!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-29-2018, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
My first reaction to this was you dated her for 3 years and this is all you got on the royal family? Princess Michael has repeatedly embarrassed herself more. Also it was already known that her brother Frederick use to have a drug problem, so did friends of Harry, and that Harry had smoked pot. This to me implied what you know is what there is, with no bigger secrets in this family.
Right, some stuff we already know. We know about Gabriellas Mother, the drugs arent surprising and many people do swim nude in pools. Theres no real shock and major scandal here.

Its not always kind for a former flame to talk to the media though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-29-2018, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I had similar thoughts. It's like he wanted to write a tell-all book but barely had enough for a magazine spread. His timing questionable as well. If he wanted to talk about Princess Michael being racist, then he should have come forward in January.

On a side note, he mentions Lord Mountbatten put forth Marie-Christine as a potential bride for Prince Michael. Was this actually an arranged match? How did Prince and Princess Michael get together, and would this be a story they would share with their daughter's boyfriend?
Old 04-29-2018, 02:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I had similar thoughts. It's like he wanted to write a tell-all book but barely had enough for a magazine spread. His timing questionable as well. If he wanted to talk about Princess Michael being racist, then he should have come forward in January.

On a side note, he mentions Lord Mountbatten put forth Marie-Christine as a potential bride for Prince Michael. Was this actually an arranged match? How did Prince and Princess Michael get together, and would this be a story they would share with their daughter's boyfriend?
Maybe he was aiming for Gabriella's birthday? She turned 37 this week.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Like all of you, i feel sorry for Ella to be caught up in this 'kiss and tell'. She dodged a bullet with Taseer. I hope she gets past this.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Off-topic posts have been deleted. The British Royal Family: Race & Racism thread is a more appropriate thread to discuss issues of race/racisim and the Royal Family.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Freddie Windsor never had a drug 'problem'. He took some coke but never had a problem with drugs.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:18 AM
Majesty

rather inconsiderate of him to air such details. however, i must admit i found the article rather entertaining - he is quite open about the RF and how it felt to penetrate that circle, so it is refreshing to read him. on the other hand, i am sure ella and family did not appreciate details such as them swimming naked or doing ecstasy being public.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Gabriella has always striked me as a sensible and reserved woman - the complete opposite of what this man describes. Methinks he is in a difficult economic situation and is using this story to make money (or, as others have suggested, he is giving the interview to reinforce his vendetta for Princess Michael). The whole situation is in very poor taste and Im glad Gabriella is no longer seeing him. Even if the story is true, what happened over 10 years ago should be irrelevant today. Im sure Gabriella, like many of us, have changed since then.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-29-2018, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Gabriella has always striked me as a sensible and reserved woman - the complete opposite of what this man describes. Methinks he is in a difficult economic situation and is using this story to make money (or, as others have suggested, he is giving the interview to reinforce his vendetta for Princess Michael). The whole situation is in very poor taste and Im glad Gabriella is no longer seeing him. Even if the story is true, what happened over 10 years ago should be irrelevant today. Im sure Gabriella, like many of us, have changed since then.
Yeah, hes just describing the stuff they did in their twenties. Although, its bad taste for him to spill it to the media, none of it is shocking to me.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-10-2018, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lady Gabriella at a Hello! Magazine x Dover Street Market 30th anniversary party, in London, on 9 May

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...ella%20Windsor
Old 05-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Lady Gabriella and Tom Kingston attended the Beulah London store opening today, May 16:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **
Old 05-16-2018, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

When are these two going to get engaged? Their romance goes on and on but never to the next level.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

They've been together four years.
I'm surprised they haven't gotten engaged in that time.

(He seems much nicer than her previous sleazy BF).
Old 05-16-2018, 08:07 PM
Administrator

The ex boyfriend came off as rather nice before he decided to sell Gabriella out after the fact.

Her parents seemed to like him.

Old 05-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The ex boyfriend came off as rather nice before he decided to sell Gabriella out after the fact.

Her parents seemed to like him.
Yes, but Tom is a much safer bet not to talk even if he and Gabriella split. He's in that social circle (unlike her ex). He's been best friends with Pippa for several years and has remained discreet and loyal to her. Also the career differences, the ex is a writer which lends to looser lips.

Plus there were some early warning signs. Aatish seemed to enjoy the spotlight he and Ella were photographed together numerous times, red carpets etc. The couple even posed for the cover of Hello! Magazine. With Tom things are much more under the radar. They are only photographed together 3-4 times a year and it's usually at low-key society events. Their biggest public outing was attending his BFF Pippa's wedding together, 3 years into their romance.

So I don't think it's fair to Tom to say "Well, you never know. Look what happened with Aatish."
Old 05-16-2018, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yes, but Tom is a much safer bet not to talk even if he and Gabriella split. He's in that social circle (unlike her ex). He's been best friends with Pippa for several years and has remained discreet and loyal to her.

Yes, but I wonder if his true allegiance is to Pippa?
Everyone else seems almost like an afterthought, no?

Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor