The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think from hearing various stories of really active children, we can definitely see why Kate will find it almost a necessity to have a full time nanny around as George grows up.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think from hearing various stories of really active children, we can definitely see why Kate will find it almost a necessity to have a full time nanny around as George grows up.
You're absolutely right. I can only imagine how exhausted Kate would be after chasing George all over the place. Hopefully the nanny has a ton of energy to help Kate keep an eye on this ball of energy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
I give it till the end of September, he has been showing he is ready to take on the world and won't stop till he has it. I bet that by the end of the year Catherine will have tons more gray hair and William will have no hair, all because they can't keep up with their fireball of a son..................
Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I managed to raise one of these boys myself. It can be exhausting! He's now 22 and still is responsible for much of my gray hair! He was able to leave his crib at 15 months - just about the time he was loading his own computer programs and figuring out how to escape his car-seat. Somehow we all survived
My little one figured out how to get out of a perfectly good high chair that safely held his brother - had to go out and buy a top of the line one with Hannibal Lector shoulder straps which he HATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.
11 months! Thought I had it bad. I did catch him atop the kitchen table, playing with the light fixture over the table, however, but this was about 18 months.

I wonder if Kate reads this. I also wonder how much they pay that poor nanny. I knew George was trouble when he tried to get out of her arms when they descended the plane, and that was before he walked.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Nobility

My mum had one of those children as well. And it was me... I once ate all of the birth control pills she had in the top cabinet in the kitchen and she had to call the doctor. Who laughed and said it wasn’t a problem unless I tried to get pregnant (back then). :big grin:

These are my favorite kids... they are a hand full but so much fun.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Majesty

Yesterday the couple attended a wedding

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend Batcombe wedding | Shepton Mallet Journal
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalCentral: William & Kate attended the wedding of Alexander Vaulkhard and Sarah Nicholson at Batcombe yesterday. William attended Eton with Vaulkhard.

@hrhcatherine32: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend Batcombe wedding #duchesscatheine #princewilliam #wedding #Batcombe http://t.co/phvIbzksVu
Old 07-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
Sounds like a good bet. Also he'll have figured out how to get out of the room by disabling the security system.

Harry took off from the KP grounds when he was about 6-7 years old. His RPOs would assign him "tasks" to keep him busy with his own radio. He called in to let them know his location. He said he was outside Tower Records. RPOs took off in a big hurry to collect him.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Sounds like a good bet. Also he'll have figured out how to get out of the room by disabling the security system.

Harry took off from the KP grounds when he was about 6-7 years old. His RPOs would assign him "tasks" to keep him busy with his own radio. He called in to let them know his location. He said he was outside Tower Records. RPOs took off in a big hurry to collect him.
From what I can see I loved Kate's outfit from head to toe. And of course nothing to complain about William in a suit! Who took the Twitter photo? Another guest?
Or he will have pushed the panic button causing a false alarm.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Oh geeesh, this is too funny!

By all accounts, it does seem as George will be prone to follow in his Uncle Harry's footsteps and lead 'em all on a merry song and dance over the years and most probably take his siblings with him.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Oh, God, I'll bet they nearly went into cardiac arrest trying to get to him before anyone found out!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.
My son was on the big side (10 lbs 9oz at birth and he stayed big) and the doctor told us not to worry if he hit some of the milestones late as he had more weight to move around. Well, he did roll over late and it took him until he was 9 months old to put himself fully into a sitting position. He then proceeded to learn how to stand, crawl, walk, run and climb in a time span of four days. FOUR DAYS!

I hope William and Catherine are ready for the joys and terrors of a "busy" boy! They're so much fun and can cause so many gray hairs.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Nobility

Oh well..NOW the fun begins...
Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
My mum had one of those children as well. And it was me... I once ate all of the birth control pills she had in the top cabinet in the kitchen and she had to call the doctor. Who laughed and said it wasn’t a problem unless I tried to get pregnant (back then). :big grin:

These are my favorite kids... they are a hand full but so much fun.
My nickname was Tarzan. By the time I was twenty-four months, I learned how to pull out the cabinet drawers to climb up on the counters and try to reach the cookie jar. I would go outside in the middle of the night to play on my swing set. I taught myself how to climb over the gate when I was around three years old to run down the street. The pediatrician told my mother to tie a volleyball net to the top of the crib to keep me in. Funny thing is that I was a very mellow teen. I'd already had my wild days.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Busy? I call it mischievous ....

And everyone thinks she will be preggers by years end?
With this boy, they are very busy parents
W & K as a couple balanced, then along came the little man.oh boy!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness

Mischievous is one thing so long it doesn't turn into spoiled bratitude. But Nanny Maria is very experienced with handling children of wealth so she can probably nip it in the bud as Long as Will and Kate don't over indulge him. We know William could often be a real little terror.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Majesty

Another good reason for having Nanny Maria around 24/7 and ingrained into the household and George's schedule is that if Kate should get pregnant again, its very well possible that she will suffer the same degree of morning sickness as she had with George. It will be a real relief for her to know she can crawl back in bed and get the rest she needs and know that George is well taken care of and happy.

I had someone staying with me when I was expecting my third and as my daughter was 1 year and 10 days old when he was born and also had a 3 year old to deal with, it was a total godsend to have that extra pair of hands to deal with the kids.

Yeps. I think a full time nanny is not just a luxury but a necessity for Will and Kate.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

Seriously, It was never a realistic option not to have a full time nanny for all the reasons mentioned. It's not like they can put him in daycare or rely on family regularly as an option and in their circles nannies are still the norm after all. If Will and Kate tried to do it all George would not be the better for it.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
My nickname was Tarzan. By the time I was twenty-four months, I learned how to pull out the cabinet drawers to climb up on the counters and try to reach the cookie jar. I would go outside in the middle of the night to play on my swing set. I taught myself how to climb over the gate when I was around three years old to run down the street. The pediatrician told my mother to tie a volleyball net to the top of the crib to keep me in. Funny thing is that I was a very mellow teen. I'd already had my wild days.
This sounds so familiar. I did the drawer thing as well. My mum says all of her gray hair is thanks to me. But we are going so off topic. This would make a fun thread though..
Old 07-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
He makes his own money, so really, who is going to complain?
Just to stress how the Prince of Wales receives his income from the Duchy of Cornwall, I've found the information on the official website of the British Monarchy.

"His Royal Highness receives the annual net surplus of the Duchy of Cornwall and chooses to use a large proportion of the income to meet the cost of his public and charitable work.

The Prince also uses part of the income to meet the costs of his private life and those of his wife, The Duchess of Cornwall, and his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry.

The Duchy is tax exempt, but The Prince of Wales voluntarily pays income tax at the highest rate on his taxable income from it."

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHous...ceofWales.aspx

Hope this clears up some of the misconception that the public finances the lifestyles of William and Kate.