The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they will release a holiday photo similarly to when they went on the skiing holiday.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes and that should be sufficient for anyone ....just a family shot of them released after the fact. No one needs to intrude on a private holiday.

LaRae

Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 AM
Majesty

i am so surprised that they are coming back to france following the paparazzi photos they took of them last time.

in any case, i am excited about the canadian trip later on this year!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-27-2016, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Not if they are on a large estate that the Duke of Westminster owns. That's is private property and the Duke of Westminster has a lot of money to keep unwanted people out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I thought the property was further south, in the Sierra Madrona?
Old 08-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

"Daily Mail Australia" - now online - has photos of the Biarritz hotel where the Cambridge family has spent part of their French summer holiday.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)
Old 08-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
"Daily Mail Australia" - now online - has photos of the Biarritz hotel where the Cambridge family has spent part of their French summer holiday.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)
Here you go
Kate Middleton and Prince William 'are staying at a five-star hotel' for French holiday | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-13-2016, 01:19 AM
Serene Highness

The cat's out of the bag now William, Catherine and the children are back home.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has details of the chateau at which the Duke and Duchess spent time on their ten day French summer holiday.

Chateau La Rocque, in the village of Pouydraguin, near Toulouse.

(I can't post links sorry.)
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

William and Kate's holiday in media mogul Michael Green's French chateau | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-13-2016, 01:49 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe the British media had to sit on this information.

I just googled the Chateau La Rocque to have a look at it, and William and Catherine's visit seems to have been on French websites since August 6th.
Old 08-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's always good to have friends in high places. The generous perks can be amazing.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-13-2016, 07:04 PM
Nobility

SMH

"It is understood that..." has to be one of the most abused phrases at the Daily Mail. But certainly, Katie Nicholl.. cobble a story together out of copy/pasting older stories, add in some speculation and insinuation, and build that resentment up in order to get those page clicks.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
SMH

"It is understood that..." has to be one of the most abused phrases at the Daily Mail. But certainly, Katie Nicholl.. cobble a story together out of copy/pasting older stories, add in some speculation and insinuation, and build that resentment up in order to get those page clicks.
What is even more baaaffling is how the Sheeple congregation of readers of these rags consistently eat these stories all up as if its their daily meal of eggs and baaacon.

Baaaaa humbug!
Old 08-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Courtier

I've stayed with friends or been invited to stay at the vacant cottage/summer house of close family friends numerous times on vacation. And my family and I have extended the same courtesy to others. The Daily Mail would call this liking a free holiday, (can't argue there), but where I come from we call it "being nice." Obviously the places the Cambridges are staying at are on a completely different scale but I think the principle of friends helping friends is the same.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Its not about it being free. its the insinuation its quid pro quo. Getting a favor owed by royals. Look at the articles about Charles and Annabel
Old 08-13-2016, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Royals (and I'm excepting the Queen and Prince Philip completely) do get perks and deals that the rest of us can only dream of. The same thing happens with world famous celebrities and the extremely wealthy.

It's been going on for generations. Look at the holidays taken on Necker for example. I don't think either Harry or Diana were besties with Richard Branson (though of course he knew/knows them) but Necker was offered for holidays anyway.

Look at the deals made for cars with the BRF, both private and official. I don't think the car companies concerned were/are offering vehicles out of the kindness of their hearts, and if anyone does, I've got a bridge to sell them! The media mogul who owns the place in France doubtless knows Prince Charles but I doubt he's a best friend of William and Kate.

It's a win-win situation for these people. 'I've had royalty staying at my holiday home', driving this particular brand of car, etc, and as I said, it's been going on for generations.

I read once that when Edward VII went to rest his stomach at Baden he would stay at a particular hotel at very cut price rates because of the prestige factor. Why? Because it brought other customers in, especially the British upper classes.

And the same thing happens today, with resorts etc. The hotel complex that Harry stayed at when he had THAT strip session, reported a huge leap in bookings soon afterwards!
Old 08-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

However, the Cambridges have no power. They can't make a person an ambassador or given multipound defense contract to their business. That all controlled by the government and we see them do cronyism all the time appointing big donors to peerages, gongs, etc.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

No, it's the prestige factor with royals everywhere. It's another kind of thing with politicians, and it happens all over the world.

I happen to post on another forum and years ago a Danish poster wrote of the deals Crown Princess Mary got from certain shops in Copenhagen ref shoes, handbags etc. Now, of course, that poster might well have been lying out of her back teeth. Pure speculation. I don't know. On the other hand, she seemed to have a lot of info about the Princess and about her husband's scuba equipment too. And neither Frederik nor Mary have power either.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't say it was right or fair, simply that is why people complain. They Think its greasing palms. Annabel hides Charles affair, and in return gets multi million dollar contracts. Add to that the 'another vacation from what?" and DM knows how to stir the pot

As for Necker, Harry and the Yorks are all pretty chummy with Sam and Holly.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Then it's not a quid pro quo. The Duke of Westminster didn't gain anything from lending his plane. He already had prestige and money. Viscount Linley is William's cousin does he sell more furniture because his cousin stated at his house? Probably not.

Kate doesn't get a dress from Alexander McQueen or other designers for free.

Closed Thread