Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
Prince Edward Patron of British Paralympic Association has cancelled visit to Russia to attend Paralympics in Sochi on government advice

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 23m
Edward had been due to attend the Sochi Paralympic Games from March 11 to 14. #sochi #Crimea #russia

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 24m
Prince Edward Patron of British Paralympic Association has cancelled visit to Russia to attend Paralympics in Sochi on government advice

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 23m
Edward had been due to attend the Sochi Paralympic Games from March 11 to 14. #sochi #Crimea #russia
Wowsers. I'm sad for the Para-olympians that Vlad has decided he needs to rattle his sabre NOW. The man needs to learn some manners. :eek: IMHO

The man needs shoved out the door IMO.

I wonder how quickly Vancouver Whistler can be readied for a just in case scenario....

Been enjoying the coverage of the Wessexes in Barbados and also learned something too!! Did not know their Parliament Buildings were that old. :)

Although it's none of my business, I do wonder who Edward & Sophie leave the kids with when they go on these foreign tours? Is it with their nanny or with family members?

They have a nanny that works for them for many years now, she was with Sophie amd children at the Coronation Festival. And she goes with them, at least used to go on vacations.

As Anna said, they have had the same Nanny since Louise was born. Unlike William and Catherine, they realised they needed a nanny from day 1. You can't be a working royal and not have a Nanny.

i see in the Daily Mirror that Sophie has made Edward a This is your life book as a present for his 50th. The book included poems and pictures by his children. The book also has pictures of the whole family and their pets. It seems a very sweet and sentimental gift and I hope that Edward enjoys it terribly. i can imagine that the Queen and DOE also added to it.

i see in the Daily Mirror that Sophie has made Edward a This is your life book as a present for his 50th. The book included poems and pictures by his children. The book also has pictures of the whole family and their pets. It seems a very sweet and sentimental gift and I hope that Edward enjoys it terribly. i can imagine that the Queen and DOE also added to it.

That's such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do, particularly the poems and pictures written and drawn by Louise and James. I agree, HM and Prince Philip have probably added to it too (or at least, I hope they did). This reminds me of when a friend of mine had to leave, and her closest friends came together and create a 'good luck' card for her, with photos of her and them on it throughout the years. I just thought that was a very lovely way of saying "goodbye" to her.

I think it must have been last night as the photos are taken in the dark and it's definitely not dark right now! The Queen looks lovely, I adore her necklace.

The comments on that mailonline article are horrific! It's amazing how inaccurate the writing is even when the pictures clearly show the time of day!

Last edited:
The comments on that mailonline article are horrific! It's amazing how inaccurate the writing is even when the pictures clearly show the time of day!

Giving up the Daily Mail has done me and my blood pressure a power of good :lol:

I know, it's ridiculous. The comments are even worse in the fact that they clearly do not do enough research before commenting. The amount of times I have read "what does he actually do?" "Edward is lazy" is incredible. He is in one of the hardest workers in the BRF, but of course his work is never publicised thus the Daily Mail readers do not believe he works.

A royal can work 24/7 but the typical Mail commenter will say they are do nothing parasites living on taxpayers money.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 8h
A photo of Prince Edward is to be released by Buckingham Palace tomorrow to mark his 50th birthday. It was taken by Millie Pilkington.

It is the best picture ever. I love it. :D

I obviously needed to change my avatar...

I see it on your avatars Molly. Absolutely lovely!

One thing's for sure. Having young children will keep him young and active. At least until Louise gets to dating age! :D

It's really an adorable image mainly because James isn't looking at the camera.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 36m
Buckingham Palace has released this picture to mark Prince Edward's 50th birthday tomorrow.Pix Millie Pilkington pic.twitter.com/8egZGTUHPL

A very beautiful picture of the Wessex family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom