Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. :)

Found some more images of the engagement.

Royal Visit to Beacon

The photographer captured some lovely shots of Sophie, she is very photogenic. I particularly love the show in black and white of Sophie praying. (At least it looks like she is...)

These are lovely. Thank you for sharing. Sophie looks very genuine in the shots.

Really nice pics:flowers:

Sophie has been looking amazing lately:)

I like what she is wearing but why is her red flower (sorry, don't know if it has a specific name) so small. I wonder why she didn't use the ordinary one...

I like what she is wearing but why is her red flower (sorry, don't know if it has a specific name) so small. I wonder why she didn't use the ordinary one...

The red flower with black dot in the middle is poppy flower and are worn in honor of the veterans of the various wars (both world wars and other wars). They're worn from late Oct until mid-Nov (Remembrance Day on Sunday, 11/13).

Great photos thanks she si still looking fabulous.

It appears that Sophie wasn't wearing an actual poppy but an enamel poppy pin. That's why it seemed so small.

I concur with everyone's opinion of Sophie looking great lately. I much prefer her hair that little bit longer, it's lovely. She has aged so well. Look forward to seeing her at the Rembrance Service. I wonder if she and Edward are attending the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. Is a guest list ever available? They normally go every year, except for 2003 and 2007 when Sophie was pregnant.

These are lovely. Thank you for sharing. Sophie looks very genuine in the shots.

nice photos! i wish we could have a closer look at her bracelets:flowers: especially what exactly the read one looks like

Thanks for the images, Sophie looked lovely with her hair up again. It's becoming a trend for Sophie. Lovely image of Sophie hugging the little boy, she always gets so up close and personal with them. She appears to be so lovely and genuine on her engagements, especially mentioning she has a daugther in Year 3, finding a connection with the children. I wish there were more videos of her visits, to see her interact with the children.

I really like her grey dress beneath her coat too.

These images were lovely. Sophie does have quite a compassionate side to her especially when she was hugging the little boy. What a treat for these children. She looks really lovely here. I see Sophie likes to wear her hair up these days and it does and an air of elegance to her look. I do love the cream trench coat style jacket she is wearing. HM can certainly be very proud of this daughter-in-law.

Last edited:
I thought she looked rather frumpy; her hair looked messy rather than polished.
I've seen her looking much better than she does here.

Again and again... Sophie ROCKS :) :rose:
Just lovely and beautiful, like always :flowers:, and I want more pictures and some video too ;).You can see, that everyone is enjoying. :cheers:
I think her mother-in-law is very very proud, she is great representative to the Queen and BRF :britflag:

Sophie appears to have connection with people in general, though her special touch definitely shines more with children and those who have special needs. She never fails to say things that will lift the spirits of others, and find something to help her relate just a little bit more.

I thought she looked rather frumpy; her hair looked messy rather than polished.
I've seen her looking much better than she does here.

agreed. i am not so sure about wearing them like that on engagement. however, on remembrance day service combined with that hat i liked it :flowers:

Last edited:
T have a little question, in christmas party 2008 sophie was in buckingham palace with james, I see a photo with chikdren in the christmas tree, no photo of the baby?

James I believe has only ever been seen at his Christening, disembarking the ship when they celebrated Anne and Andrew's birthday, riding with his grandmother and the Windsor horse trial. All of which were either family events or private outings.

Last edited:
ok, thanks so much. when louise was with sophie in christmas party 2004 I only see the video, no photos.

James I believe has only ever been seen at his Christening, at the Balmoral arrival and the Windsor horse trial. All of which were either family events or private outings.

well and this year's holiday of course;)
and no i dont think there are pictures of that christmas because it was filmed for the queen's christmas broadcast

well and this year's holiday of course;)
and no i dont think there are pictures of that christmas because it was filmed for the queen's christmas broadcast

Which holiday this year exactly? As the trip for Anne and Andrew's birthdays was last year.

Which holiday this year exactly? As the trip for Anne and Andrew's birthdays was last year.

James was seen with Louise and his parents on their recent Summer holiday to Portugal this year seen here and here There was a lovely image of Edward carrying James and he has his head on his shoulder and his little sun hat was cute.

well yes i know, but i meant this year's..
thanks for sharing the links again didnt have them at hand:flowers:

The Countess of Wessex attended a conference in her role as Vice Patron of the Royal Bath and West of England Society on 21/11/11. Sophie looked lovely with her hair up again and from what we can see of her outfit, her navy shirt looks lovely.

Read More

The Earl of Wessex was visiting a school in Essex today (23/11/11) to open the Wessex Auditorium (named in his honour) at Brentwood School.

Article

Last edited:
She does look lovely wish we could see more of the outfit though.

The navy shirt looks similar to the one she wore when she and Edward went to watch a ballet performance back in May, here. Looking at that image I reminded how much I loved her purple shoes!

I do like her hair up, it looks really lovely and really blonde.

I really like also, I'm thinking her hair was colored to match specific hair piece as I don't think her hair is really long enough for so much curl. In any event she looks very nice.

Two happy and beautiful people :) , always look great and lovely :flowers:
Sophie is perfect in choosing outfits and hairstyles lately ;)

They goth do a great deal, and look wonderful doing it. Sophie is smashing in dark blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom