Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine we'll see Lady Louise this year as she has been out and about much more this year (the wedding, Royal Windsor Horse Show and Garter Day, all of which Edward and Sophie allowed her to be seen), so I think this year could be Louise's year! I must admit, I was a bit disappointed she wasn't at Zara's wedding, as she was at Peter's, but perhaps she was not invited.

Thanks for the link, I forget Sophie's been around at Christmas for over a decade. Her first Christmas must have been fun though, and I like that Sophie was the first person to wear trousers. Rebel.

The Countess of Wessex was in Wirral to open a hospital, though I don't know if this is recent as the image with the little girl looks really familiar. Perhaps this is just a recently released article about an old visit?

Countess of Wessex opened Wirral Women and Children’s Hospital

Last edited:
no news about the wessex's christmas card for this year????? I love will see a family's photo official.

I don't think we have ever seen a Wessex Christmas card so I doubt we're going to this year.

I don't think we have ever seen a Wessex Christmas card so I doubt we're going to this year.

i am pretty sure i remember that at least the one with the Indian person something was referred to as a christmas card
then this one Oh what a boring Christmas card, Edward... Prince chooses dull photo of him and Sophie | Mail Online
and one time they also chose a picture from a skiing event.. Edward and Sophie send bizarre Christmas card - featuring the tycoon who offered them a trip to St Moritz | News

sydney00 said:
i am pretty sure i remember that at least the one with the Indian person something was referred to as a christmas card
then this one Oh what a boring Christmas card, Edward... Prince chooses dull photo of him and Sophie | Mail Online
and one time they also chose a picture from a skiing event.. Edward and Sophie send bizarre Christmas card - featuring the tycoon who offered them a trip to St Moritz | News

And look at the reaction they got, I imagine them staying well clear of publicising a private family photo.

happy birthday to the little james!

The Earl and Countess of Wessex have made a quick trip to Bahrain before Christmas this week.

HM King Hamad Receives HRH Prince Edward

It looks like Sophie is wearing her wedding outfit from Zara and Mike's wedding. Nice to see Edward and Sophie just before Christmas. The article, however, incorrectly titled Sophie as Princess Sophie, but we'll let them off as it does suit her!

I like the coral color of Sophie's outfit.

Glad I wasn't the only one! It was nice to see them both visit and both wear military uniform in their positions as Colonel-in-Chief's no doub. This visit was kept very secretive and was only announced on the Court Cicular today, althought it was dated that they left on the 18th.

Whilst in Bahrain, Edward and Sophie visited Royal Navy and RFA personnel. Edward is the honourary colonel-in-chief of the RFA personnel.

Picture

Article (with more images).

They both look lovely and the image of Sophie looking through a piece of the equipment is cute.

:previous:
Thanks Molly for pictures and article :)
It's always a pleasure to see more of Earl and Countess of Wessex ♫♫♫

You're very welcome Mag. I have found some more images of the Wessex duo on their recent engagements in Bahrain in December 2011, via Flickr.

Edward + Edward and Sophie + Sophie

Earl and Countess visit to Bahrain

There are also some more images of Sophie when she attended The St John's Ambulance First Aid Awards on 30.11.2011

Sophie (spotted the camera me thinks!) + Sophie 2 + The Two Sophie's

Sophie's hair looked so great at these awards, it's so shiny considering it has be dyed so many times over the years. I want her shampoo!

St John's Ambulance First Aid Awards Flickr

You're very welcome Mag. I have found some more images of the Wessex duo on their recent engagements in Bahrain in December 2011, via Flickr.

Edward + Edward and Sophie + Sophie

Earl and Countess visit to Bahrain

There are also some more images of Sophie when she attended The St John's Ambulance First Aid Awards on 30.11.2011

Sophie (spotted the camera me thinks!) + Sophie 2 + The Two Sophie's

Sophie's hair looked so great at these awards, it's so shiny considering it has be dyed so many times over the years. I want her shampoo!

St John's Ambulance First Aid Awards Flickr

:previous:
Wow how many images :)
Thanks Molly :flowers:
You can see that they are very natural and like to speak with everyone ;)

Thanks to one and all for the links to the articles and pictures of the Wessexes, literal, flying visits to the Troops over the Holiday period. That one picture of the two of them where Edward is signing the Visitor's Book is one of the most gorgeous pictures of the two of them I think I've ever seen.

Sophie_visits_Meningitis_Trust
THE Countess of Wessex visited the Meningitis Trust’s office in Stroud to mark its 25th Anniversary.
As guest of honour she unveiled a commemorative plaque and spent time meeting with the charity’s staff as well as those affected by the disease.

She has looked amazing the whole of 2011 IMO and even that boring dress at the Menningtis Trust looks lovely on her now. Like that she has recycled her "wedding" outfits.

Thanks to one and all for the links to the articles and pictures of the Wessexes, literal, flying visits to the Troops over the Holiday period. That one picture of the two of them where Edward is signing the Visitor's Book is one of the most gorgeous pictures of the two of them I think I've ever seen.

Is is a lovely image, isn't it? They both look very happy and healthy and Sophie looks very beautiful in it.

I look forward to 2012 for these two, and the Jubilee outfits from Sophie. :D I am also looking forward to their Royal tours, as hopefully it will receive press because it's for the Diamond Jubilee. I hope, however, that they do not go at the same time as William and Catherine do any of their visits as ANY other Royal Family member doing anything will be overshadowed by Will and Catherine's tour.

Yes,it's a real controversy here or either the Countess just wanted to be polite...

Yes,it's a real controversy here or either the Countess just wanted to be polite...

I'm going to say that Sophie probably just wanted to be polite and accept the jewels. Also, I wonder if rejection would have been seen as taking a political stand, and royals aren't allowed to venture into politics. I think that it would be very awkward in this type of situation; you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Yes, damned if you do an damned if you don't. Also given difficulties with Iran the UK needs all the friends it can get in the Gulf and insulting those friends you have would not be a good idea.

Visits by members of the Royal family to foreign countries are arranged with the guidance of the Foreign Office.

Last edited:
From what I understand, Arab countries are known for their hospitality and generosity. As much as I dislike the idea of members of the BRF accepting gifts from despots, I realize that these things happen in international diplomacy. For the Wessexes not to have accepted the gifts would have been interpreted as the UK's spurning of Bahrain's strategic support in that area of the world. There are greater things at play here than whether or not a couple of people accept expensive gifts. I feel badly that there's such an "uproar", because the Wessexes do good work on behalf of the Queen and IMO don't deserve this attack. As for the politician who seems to be leading the charge, we don't know what his motives are.

Didn't Camilla get jewels from Bahrain as well?

Yes Camilla I think did with that ruby necklace.

I don't see the big deal with Sophie and the jewelry.

I think the ruby, sapphire and diamonds necklaces came from Saudi Arabia. But if Sophie's jewels are being called into questions, surely all of the royal jewels should be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom