Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail writing a positive article on Sophie? It must be a sign The End of the World is at hand!!

;oD

Thanks to one and all for the links and pictures. They look like they're enjoying their Beach Vacation. :eek:)

Okay I am about to have one of my bad girl moments. Looking at the beach photos of the Wesssex family Edward does not have a bad body for a 47 year old man. He may not win a male hot body contest but he seems to have aged well. Okay that's it bad girl moment over.

No problemo!

I agree; I think they look perfect for holidays. Who on Earth pays that much attention to themselves when they're on holiday and on the beach with their children. They seem to be enjoying themselves, which is the main thing.

I am starting to see the resemblance of Prince Charles as a child and young James from these images. Perhaps it's the brown hair, haha.

We were talking about the photos at lunch today and two of my friends, both keen Royal-Watchers, were commenting on the type of holiday that Edward and his family were enjoying [upmarket, yes, but not totally 'jet-set' - more the type of family holiday enjooyed by many middle class families] and the rather more 'flash' holidays that Sarah, Duchess of York deemed appropriate to her lifestyle.

Just an obervation, not meant to offend,
Alex

We were talking about the photos at lunch today and two of my friends, both keen Royal-Watchers, were commenting on the type of holiday that Edward and his family were enjoying [upmarket, yes, but not totally 'jet-set' - more the type of family holiday enjooyed by many middle class families] and the rather more 'flash' holidays that Sarah, Duchess of York deemed appropriate to her lifestyle.

Alex

I couldn't agree more. Edward and Sophie's summer holiday is that of which many of us experienced as young children (sans a Nanny, mind); beach, wet suit, sunhat and big t-shirts to protect us from the sun.

It bothered me slightly, however, that they had the nanny...I know they have to, and probably wanted to, but I imagine they are both capable of keeping an eye on their children without their nanny. I am pleased to see that they have had the same nanny for both their children though, and continued to use her. Good stability for the children.

Alex

So very true.

Okay I am about to have one of my bad girl moments. Looking at the beach photos of the Wesssex family Edward does not have a bad body for a 47 year old man. He may not win a male hot body contest but he seems to have aged well. Okay that's it bad girl moment over.

ITA, Pr Sonya! HRH is really aging well. ;)

Thanks for the images. Edward always has a little hankerchief in his suit pocket. I like that touch.

The Royal family must be exhausted after these short trips as they spend two days there, but the flight is long and with jet lag etc. They still remain so upbeat!

The Earl of Wessex comes over every year or so because of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards; and, as for Prince Andrew in the far north--this is the best time of year to do it.;)

Wow, Canada has had three royal visits this month.

In the article it said: interestingly, Sophie was the first royal girlfriend to be more or less permanently resident at Buckingham Palace for years before her marriage.

What does this mean? Were Edward and Sophie living together in an apartment in Buckingham Palace before being married? Just curious. :flowers:

Another favorite royal couple - I have always felt there is something special about them. Would love to meet them.

Last edited:
I think that Sophie had her own apartment, although she spent time at the palace and was photographed leaving there in the morning. She said in her pre-wedding interview that they hadn't lived together. I recall reading before their engagement that she was able to come and go at BP and perhaps Windsor Castle.

What does this mean? Were Edward and Sophie living together in an apartment in Buckingham Palace before being married? Just curious. :flowers:

I think that Sophie had her own apartment, although she spent time at the palace and was photographed leaving there in the morning. She said in her pre-wedding interview that they hadn't lived together. I recall reading before their engagement that she was able to come and go at BP and perhaps Windsor Castle.

Well, we all assume there was nookie going on, right? :cool: I'm impressed. :p

I highly, highly doubt that!

Tyger said:
Another favorite royal couple - I have always felt there is something special about them. Would love to meet them.

They're lovely, aren't they? I think, if it ever happens (which I hope it wont), the day they announce their seperation i'll be in mourning with them! They probably have one of the most stable marriages within the Royal Family at present, just a couple who love each other very much and are happy together.

Tyger said:
Well, we all assume there was nookie going on, right? :cool: I'm impressed. :p

Bella said:
I highly, highly doubt that!

Really? You doubt that? They were together for 5 years before they got married, and they're human beings who loved each other...I highly doubt there wasn't any nookie going on, and would be exceptionally shocked if they had abstained for 5 years, rules or not. We could, however, be very wrong.

In the following article it states that Sophie did not sleep with Edward out of "deference to the Queen".... "According to one omniscient royal-watcher, Rhys-Jones did not actually sleep with Edward out of deference to the Queen, and Edward once put his foot in it by tripping over his mother's corgis on a clandestine night-time mission to his lover's room."

Link.

Well whatever they did in preparing for marriage, they certainly did it the right way. This has definitely been the most successful marriage of all HM's children. Prince Edward is the only one who has never divorced. I really do think this couple are lovely together and certainly "good" publicity for the royal family. They are also well loved ambassadors and do portray stable family values.

Last edited:
It's the return of that lovely green bag. I love it. Nice to see Sophie helping out. :) Thanks MagMil.

It's the return of that lovely green bag. I love it. Nice to see Sophie helping out. :) Thanks MagMil.

No problem at all ;)

btw I love that bag and want to have it :flowers:

All posts regarding Edward and Sophie's appearance at any of Zara Phillips wedding events should be in the appropriate wedding threads.

The mods gave a little leeway with William and Kate wedding because it was so big in terms of size and guests, and it was easy for the Wessexes to get lost in the threads but let's keep everything in the appropriate threads.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

There is an article about Sophie in this week's Hello magazine. This weeks issue is about Royal Wives, and they have articles on Lady Freddie Windsor, Sophie, Catherine and Princess Letizia. They are complimenting Sophie's change in fashion, along with mentioning she is close to the Queen etc. I don't have a scanner so I can't post the article, but I am guessing it will appear on the Hello website? No?

There is an article about Sophie in this week's Hello magazine. This weeks issue is about Royal Wives, and they have articles on Lady Freddie Windsor, Sophie, Catherine and Princess Letizia. They are complimenting Sophie's change in fashion, along with mentioning she is close to the Queen etc. I don't have a scanner so I can't post the article, but I am guessing it will appear on the Hello website? No?

yay she even made it on the front homepage!
How Sophie, the Countess of Wessex has transformed her style in recent years - hellomagazine.com

like it!:flowers:

The article in the magazine is longer, but I am glad she made it to the website! I still love that dress she wore to Easter this year. I love everything in navy blue; I think it's a colour that suits so many people.

The article highlights that she was the first middle-class girl to marry into the Royal Family, pointing out that William chose Sophie to help Catherine out. I am not sure if we can believe that, but i'd like to think it was true. The article also mentions the fact that the Queen broke tradition to visit Sophie in hospital after Louise was born, illustrating their closeness. It also illustrates their closeness by the fact that Sophie is the only member of the family who rise with the Queen in the car at Christmas and often Easter, as well as for other Church services at Sandringham. I wonder if this will change now Catherine is in the family. We shall have to wait until this Christmas to see.

The article in the magazine is longer, but I am glad she made it to the website! I still love that dress she wore to Easter this year. I love everything in navy blue; I think it's a colour that suits so many people.

The article highlights that she was the first middle-class girl to marry into the Royal Family, pointing out that William chose Sophie to help Catherine out. I am not sure if we can believe that, but i'd like to think it was true. The article also mentions the fact that the Queen broke tradition to visit Sophie in hospital after Louise was born, illustrating their closeness. It also illustrates their closeness by the fact that Sophie is the only member of the family who rise with the Queen in the car at Christmas and often Easter, as well as for other Church services at Sandringham. I wonder if this will change now Catherine is in the family. We shall have to wait until this Christmas to see.

:previous: I think Sophie will still ride with the Queen :) :flowers:
Catherine is still new in the family and it not to close with the Queen :)

Last edited:
I have loved that finally Sophie is recognised for her fashion efforts she has been the star of the summer there is no doubt IMO love her ability to be in the background but still shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom