The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Great pics from yesterday, thanks a lot for posting!

Here are some of them with less watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower . I love the patriotic hand bag, and the second picture with the little girl.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Great pics from yesterday, thanks a lot for posting!

Here are some of them with less watermarks:

** Pic 2 ** ****
The first link had me in hysterics, the 2nd was so beautiful I am lost for words!
And can I just say, Sophie opens a fire station, visits a health clinic, and a school, all in one day, and gives them all her time, without rushing! That is one busy, ( and special!) lady!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Yes, it would be. No doubt about that.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The first link had me in hysterics, the 2nd was so beautiful I am lost for words!
And can I just say, Sophie opens a fire station, visits a health clinic, and a school, all in one day, and gives them all her time, without rushing! That is one busy, ( and special!) lady!
I'm in full agreement about Sophie. She has no problem sharing herself, like some other people we know .

Here's a flickr picture of Edward, meeting with people involved with the Duke of Edinburgh Award.

The Earl of Wessex meets young people involved in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

** ** Pic 2 ** ** **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm in full agreement about Sophie. She has no problem sharing herself, like some other people we know .

Funny you should mention it Daria, but when I saw the above image, I thought of the exact same person!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Funny you should mention it Daria, but when I saw the above image, I thought of the exact same person!
You know what they say about great minds... .

Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
You know what they say about great minds... .

I wish I knew who you were referring to...haha.

Thanks for the link to more images, Sophie is so charming to watch. I love her bag. I often wonder what they carry in them....
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Others may come but Sophie is my favourite British royal she looks charming in these photos and am looking forward to seeing lots more during this busy year.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Britain's Prince Edward plans Birmingham visit | al.com

British royalty is headed to Birmingham in April.

Prince Edward, the youngest child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, will attend events on April 28 celebrating the partnership of the Miss America Pageant with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

A bit of a late update but Sophie received her own personal music show on her birthday at Bagshot Park 20.1.2012. Members of the Corps of Army Music visited Bagshot Park. Did anyone else notice the freaky monkey at the door in the 3rd photo? It made me jump.

Facebook Link
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex has been in Paderborn, Germany, yesterday, March 15, to visit the
soldiers and their families from 20 Brigade. Only one bad picture so far:

** bfbs.com: Royal visit for 20 Brigade **
Old 03-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

The Countess of Wessex has been in Paderborn, Germany, yesterday, March 15, to visit the
soldiers and their families from 20 Brigade. Only one bad picture so far:

** bfbs.com: Royal visit for 20 Brigade **

Thanks iceflower

Beautiful video.Countess of Wessex always have a wonderful communication with people .She looks so natural
Old 03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Administrator

You are most welcome, MagMil

When I had found and posted the link they had not added the video yet, only one picture had been included -
just to avoid any confusion as to my picture comment..
Old 03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you, iceflower!

It must have been very uplifting for the British soldiers currently on service in Germany to get a royal visit.
The Fifth Battalion, or 5 Rifles, is currently the only battalion of The Rifles regiment abroad. Sophie is not Colonel-in-chief of the 5 Rifles, as is erroneously stated in the article; rather, she is Royal Colonel - and a very dedicated one too! The Colonel-in-chief of The Rifles (all battalions) is The Duke of Edinburgh.

Sophie looks beautiful; I like the combination of polka dots and solids. She has worn the same dress (sans the jacket) during the recent visit to the Caribbean.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely video of Sophie, especially the clips of her with the children. I found it amusing when the newsreader was standing by the table and Sophie was chatting to the children and the newsreader was speaking, they all turned around when she started saying, "Her Royal Highness" yet Sophie remained oblivious. Not sure why that amused me. I guess you get used to it.

I can't get over how long her hair is, and I was beginnig to wonder what would happen if she dyed it brown. Wonder what reception it would receive. I don't think she would suit dark hair colours, but I would love to see it. Her natural hair colour looks quite light, as her eyebrows are light, but I don't think she is as blonde as Lady Louise is. Not everyone can pull blonde off, but Sophie always has.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:26 AM
Administrator

On March 21, the Countess of Wessex opened the South Petherton Community Hospital and visited
Seavington Village Store and Café in Somerset.
As Vice Patron of the Royal Bath and West of England Society she also attended the Barbers of Ditcheat
Business Day at Ditcheat Village Hall and visited the "Back on Track Scheme" at the Conquest Centre,
Taunton as well as the AJ and RG Barber Limited Cheese Factory, Maryland Farm, Ditcheat.

A really full programme for the day!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * thisissomerset.co.uk photo gallery **

** thisisthewestcountry.co.uk: Countess of Wessex in South Petherton and Seavington **

** thisisthewestcountry.co.uk: Sophie Countess of Wessex visits kids at Somerset riding school **

** thisissomerset.co.uk: Royal visit: Brave teenager gets to greet Sophie, the Countess of Wessex **
Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful pictures all of them, thank you Iceflower!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you iceflower
Wonderul pictures
Old 03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Majesty

The facial expression in the first picture is priceless . I'd love to know what was going on there. She looks gorgeous.

Closed Thread