The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a link to several pictures of Sophie's visit to Merlin Centre in Hewas Water and Mevagissy on 17th May 2011.

click here.

Just select either of the two categories regarding the Countess and it will lead you to a gallery of images. I love the dress and jacket.

Did anyone see the images on Zimbio of Sophie looking at the Royal collection with Charles, Camilla and Andrew? She was wearing that beautiful navy dress she wore to Easter again. I really loved it.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for posting, Molly2101!

Yesterday, May 25, the Countess of Wessex was the guest of honour at the head office
of the Meningitis Trust as the organisation marked its 25th anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

A video and some more pics and information can be found here:

** meningitis-trust: Our royal visit **

** Meningitis Trust celebrates 25 years ** Meningitis Trust Royal visit **

Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for these. The video is lovely and it shows Sophie's sense of humour, particularly regarding the staff's sky dive and the mention of her handbag being the one she used at the Royal wedding, just for the little boy who presented her flower's interest in the wedding. Really cute.

This is an old favourite dress of hers, no? I am sure we've seen it a few times. I am ok with that though as I think it's a beautiful dress AND I love her shoes.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

oh great thank you
lol did you spot her 'favourite bodyguard' on facebook (sorry i am being mean )
Old 05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Love her look at the moment I didn't really like the dress last year but she is looking so fabulous at present hair longer, a little slimmer and I agree the shoes are gorgeous she remains my favourite royal I love her low key charming approach to everything.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

That really was a great piece of video. Thanks for it and the pictures. Sophie looked to be really enjoying herself.

And I also hope that someday, The Trust does go out of business and Sophie loses a Patronage. Meningitis is an awful, awful thing.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Love her look at the moment I didn't really like the dress last year but she is looking so fabulous at present hair longer, a little slimmer and I agree the shoes are gorgeous she remains my favourite royal I love her low key charming approach to everything.
cannot agree with you more!
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
oh great thank you
lol did you spot her 'favourite bodyguard' on facebook (sorry i am being mean )
I hadn't spotted him until you pointed him out. They're back on good terms, ha.

I agree with everyone; I think Sophie looks very pretty in this dress. I liked it last year but think she looks much better in it this year, and I love the bag.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Countess of Wessex surprised visit :):)

Countess of Wessex drops in for right royal Ritz tea | Gloucestershire News
Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Edward and Sophie's royal security, have been moved to Royal Security .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are some images of Sophie visiting patients of Great Ormond Street Hospital on 25.5.11. I love the dress she is wearing. Am I right in thinking it's the Easter service dress? The images of Sophie with the patients are lovely.

One & two.

Gallery = Belga.

There is also an article to go with it. HERE.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Majesty

I'm getting the picture that Sophie does a lot of work with the special needs population. Would that be the correct assumption?

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Yes, I believe that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm getting the picture that Sophie does a lot of work with the special needs population. Would that be the correct assumption?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Majesty

Thank you, Mermaid1962.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Commoner

Lady in Waiting

I see the Court Circular had this yesterday:
"The Countess of Wessex has been pleased to appoint Mrs. Amy Mayes to be a Lady in Waiting to Her Royal Highness with effect from 1st June, 2011."

Has Sophie ever had an officially announced lady-in-waiting before? Anyone know anything about Mrs Amy Mayes?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Aristocracy

yes, before she appointed sarah sienesi, an old friend of hers in the end of 2009, i think. that was when people began speculating whether sienesi was hired to help william and catherine in her profession as a wedding consultant. i wonder what happened to sienesi now- would sophie need two ladies in waiting?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

This may sound like an obvious question, but what exactly do Ladies-in-waiting do? I know Sophie did not hire one until 2009, so why did she need one then and not before?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Yesterday, June 2nd, the Earl of Wessex joined children from Ellesmere Children's Centre as they tried to beat
the existing Hopscotch world record, outside Sheffield Town Hall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** thestar: A hop and a skip for Prince Edward **

Today, June 3rd, the Countess of Wessex as President of The Royal Bath and West of England Society attended
The Royal Bath and West Show in Somerset.
As Patron of the learning disability charity Mencap she met with charity members at The Co-operative Village also
at The Royal Bath and West Show.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **
Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
This may sound like an obvious question, but what exactly do Ladies-in-waiting do? I know Sophie did not hire one until 2009, so why did she need one then and not before?

Ladies-in-Waiting are unpaid assistants who accompany the royal lady and end up with the bouquets etc. They also help with the correspondence e.g. if you get a letter from Sophie it might start with 'HRH The Countess of Wessex has asked me to write to you to thank you for your birthday wishes...' That will be signed then by a L-i-W.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Here are some images of Sophie visiting patients of Great Ormond Street Hospital on 25.5.11. I love the dress she is wearing. Am I right in thinking it's the Easter service dress? The images of Sophie with the patients are lovely.

One & two.
You can just tell she is a caring person, and a loving Mummy!

Closed Thread