Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your link doesn't work so here it is again.

Last edited by a moderator:
He seems to be quite busy, and looks rather happy and fulfilled in his role. He's still an unfamiliar face to me (and I think he's rather nondescript looking) so I would have a hard time picking him out in a crowd.

It's too bad the princes don't wear brooches or something to help identify them as royals. He does have that little silver pin on (does anyone know what it signifies?). Does he always wear one? I think it should be a bit more colorful (and his suit could be tailored a bit differently, too), so as to make him stand out a bit more, as a royal.

But he looks like a very nice person (although still a little tense - his hands look so tightly clasped, I want to reach and say, "Relax, Your Highness."

(Would that be the right way to address him?)

I like his tie! And William does look a bit like him, no? :) I love Edward and Sophie!

Prince Edward used to stand out before. There was a time he was considered quite "a catch". He was fairly good looking for a brief time. Now he's not that old really but seems a little boring, and not very eye catching. Too bad... :sad:

Thanks to those who provided links. Sophie looked lovely yesterday.

I "missed" the Lady Louise discussion, but just wanted to mention...

I also deal w/visual impairment/degenerative eye disease and I'm so happy that we'll be seeing her at William and Kate's Wedding. Regardless of the severity of her particualr problem, she's old enough to be taking part in Family events like this if asked. You can bet that *something* will be said about it during the broadcast of the Wedding and who knows what kind of postitive message that will send to parents who are dealing w/some of the same issues as Edward and Sophie.

No, they don't have to worry about the Paparazzi stalking their children, but they do have to deal w/the perceptions of certain idiots that make up their Family. The fact Sophie and Edward are letting Lady Louise take part in something that's going to have an audience in the Millions? It can only help prove to Families the World round that, "See, that little one has vision problems and if she can take part in such a big thing, then my little one can certainly go and take part in xxx family occasion/get together in a Public setting."

I can't wait to see her in all her Bridesmaid finery. :flowers: :D :flowers:

This is very true. Lady Louise will get a boost of confidence from this experience, and I will make sure to tell my students (I'm student teaching in a primary classroom of children with VI) to follow this event on the news. William and Catherine are sending a very powerful message, and I too think that it will give hope and confidence to many who are either visually impaired themselves, or are in contact with those who are visually impaired.

Very well said, my 4 years old grandson was born with a severe heart defect, that has been corrected with two heart surgeries, but a result of the heart defect there was no muscle in his left eye lid, I guess this is common in his kind of heart defect, but he had one surgery last year but got a MRSA infection, so the eye surgery did not take. He is attending pre-school now and some of the kids make fun of him. My son was very upset, but I told him to get him into activities that he will make his own friends, so when he is in school, he will have some friends who will stick by him and not judge him on looks. I really hope that the media is above any kind of remark about Lady Louise, just accept her for the beautiful little girl she is, not her birth position or her physical difference. I have only seen a few pictures of her, but from what I can see, she is a beautiful little girl, looks a lot like her Aunt and Grandmother. I do think it is time she is exposed a little more to the public since she will be followed as she gets older. Not as much as her older cousins but at least some, look at Zara and Peter, people are just curious. :flowers:

Exactly guys! There is no reason why Louise cannot handle the wedding, and I agree that it will likely bring more understanding and awareness of her issue. She does not need to be hidden away at all. :)

have a little question, photos official when james wessex born never was published?????? I remenber the photos when lady louise born taken for prince andrew, but the james I never see

have a little question, photos official when james wessex born never was published?????? I remenber the photos when lady louise born taken for prince andrew, but the james I never see

There were two pictures published when he was Christened and that was all. With Louise I think there were also only a couple issued when she was Baptised.

There were two pictures published when he was Christened and that was all. With Louise I think there were also only a couple issued when she was Baptised.

There were a few released of Louise when she about 2 months old - a couple of pictures of her with her parents and one with all of them and the Queen. Prince Andrew took the pictures, I think when they were at Sandringham that Christmas.

Peter and Zara were the Queen's first two grandchildren. Louise will spend most of her life as the monarch's neice or cousin. Soon there will be children much closer to the throne than Louise and so she won't be followed. She will be more like Princess Margaret's children - able to have a normal life on the fringes of the royal family. By allowing her to grow up without that attention she will have an even greater chance of getting a real job and living a normal life away from the public glare - as Peter does now. Zara doesn't because of her equestrian career but when she gives that away she won't be in the public eye much as she will need to work at something else.

ok, I see only one picture from janes's christening.
the photos of louise I remember

I've never seen them before either. I'm guessing that's Louise in the second one and James in the first?

I do know that James was the first Royal baby to be christened in the new Christening Gown. The original was becoming so fragile a new one was needed. I understand it's an exact replcia though.

I've never seen them before either. I'm guessing that's Louise in the second one and James in the first?

That's correct :flowers:

Here's another article about the event Sophie attended last week:

** Countess opens Wirral's new Women and Children's Hospital **

Today, March 8, the Countess of Wessex as patron offically opened Surrey
Community Development Trust's new accommodation in Staines, Middlesex.

** Countess of Wessex opens Staines housing project **

** Countess of Wessex visits Staines **

The Earl of Wessex was appointed GCVO today on the occasion of his 47th birthday.
The Duke of York had the honour in February.
Both brothers are KG as well. I really wonder when they will wear their accessoires of the Grand Cross as the KG is of higher ranking. I think on uniforms and so, they are likely to wear the Garter.

Sophie visits Bruce Oldfield...
According to the Sunday Express, the bride-to-be's younger sister and maid of honor Pippa, her mother Carole and the Countess of Wessex were all seen leaving the store recently.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Mystery

Such a pretty navy suit! One thing I like about Sophie is that she wears things that any woman could wear.:flowers:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting Pentrehafod School. Swansea, Wales, Britain.
March 09, 2011

There is just not enough coverage of Sophie it really annoys me. She is really terrific IMO and though I enough all the posts the photos are really not that great and well I do get a little disappointed in it.

There is just not enough coverage of Sophie it really annoys me. She is really terrific IMO and though I enough all the posts the photos are really not that great and well I do get a little disappointed in it.

I agree I would love to see more coverage of Sophie. She is a real asset to the BRF.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom