The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I really like Sophie's new portrait, she looks lovely. Her brooch, earrings and outfit are nice too.

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow that photo has been Photoshopped! It's a lovely photo though, great smile.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Courtier

And big pics from opening of Sandwell College.
Ian Tennant Photo Video Blog: All in a Days Work British Touring Car 2013 Media Day & A Royal Visit

Tomorrow are 2 engagements for Countess, cannot wait! :)
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks annaelfka they are great she is fab and I really love the Christmas dress.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Courtier

1st pics from today from Royal Mint:
Countess of Wessex | Wales - ITV News
https://twitter.com/RoyalMintUK/stat...319552/photo/1

and 1 more post from Sandwell College with pics:
http://sandwellmayor.org/2013/03/27/...west-bromwich/
Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Earl of Wessex visited Cheshire yesterday, April 16. He visited Bentley Motors Ltd, reopened the renovated South Cheshire College, visited Cheshire East Council and met apprentices at the Municipal Building in Crewe.

** thisisstaffordshire.co.uk: Prince Edward gives South Cheshire College a royal seal of approval (video) **

** crewechronicle.co.uk: His Royal Highness Prince Edward unveils South Cheshire College’s Ł74m campus **
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Pics from Royal visit to Royal Mint.
Visit of The Countess of Wessex 17 April 2013 | Facebook
Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
New (and I must add lovely!), official photograph of Countess Wessex commisioned by Lions Clubs International British Isles:

http://www.lions.org.uk/joomla/image...-of-wessex.jpg

Link to site:
lionsmd105.org

When you enter the site you will see a small pic of Countess and under it will be written:
Click here for further information
(or try clicking here) it will direct you to the pics and story from Countess visit. If you want to see pics in HQ's use right click on mouse.
One word- stunning!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=annaelfka;1540363]And big pics from opening of Sandwell College.
Ian Tennant Photo Video Blog: All in a Days Work British Touring Car 2013 Media Day & A Royal Visit

Love these photos as well!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

great official pohoto!!!! I still want a oficial portrait of the wessex family.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Courtier

More pictures from WI Bagshot anniversary.
Countess of Wessex Attends Bagshot WI's 90th Birthday Party
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Majesty

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 37m
The Earl & Countess of Wessex will attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden with Christopher O'Neill in Stockholm on 8 June.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Courtier

I'm VERY happy! That they will attend that wedding, as it will be a TIARA wedding :)

Pictures from visit to Greenfield Special School:
Countess of Wessex Visits Greenfield Special School | Facebook

Article:
Council News* Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council :
Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 37m
The Earl & Countess of Wessex will attend the wedding of Princess Madeleine of Sweden with Christopher O'Neill in Stockholm on 8 June.

YESSS! I kind of figured they would attend but I am happy now. A tiara event and pretty dresses. Can't wait.

Thanks for the images Anna. I want to meet Sophie.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
YESSS! I kind of figured they would attend but I am happy now. A tiara event and pretty dresses. Can't wait.

I literally jumped and scream, so happy :)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Majesty

I too figured they would go to the wedding. Nice to see them able to attend since they can't attend the inauguration in the Netherlands.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
I literally jumped and scream, so happy :)
Haha, me too. I am bit bummed they aren't attending the Inauguration of Willem, particularly as they attended Prince Albert's, but they are busy.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I think that Edward and Sophie have a really great position within the Royal Family. They get to support charities of interest to them, they are relatively low-profile so the media isn't all over them like the Cambridges, and they get to do the "fun" jobs of attending all the glittering events around Europe. That, plus living at Bagshot Park and being able to raise their children out of the spotlight -- not bad, all in all!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

It's not confirmed on the BRF website yet and Majesty is apparently using "inside sources". It is expected but I will wait for confirmation.