Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the little boy's comment at never washing his hand again after Sophie shook his hand. Adorable and beautiful images of Sophie. I also like that she has had the same bodyguard for a number of years. I remember she used to have a redhaired bodyguard, but this bodyguard has been around since about 2008, as far I can remember as that's when I noticed him in photos. Sophie only has her bodyguard when doing duties, whereas Edward has his all the time.

Last edited:
Anna you are so good! All the images you find of Sophie are brilliant. I love that dress, even though I wasn't initially a fan of the zips either side, it is a beautiful colour.

Thank you, I had a free day from work, so had a lot of time on my hands. I still hope for more pics. Especially from MS Centre. Have few sites on watch, if they will share pics I will share as well. I bothered Haven about tomorrow event, but they didn't care to answer. So I suppose we don't see her from that reception.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151568955619800&type=1

http://camp.herts.sch.uk/gallery-2/?album=1&gallery=14

Picture slideshow: Sophie, Countess of Wessex, at Chilterns MS Centre

http://www.bucksherald.co.uk/news/l...757?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Last edited:
I'm always happy to see Sophie in action, especially with children. Thank you to all those who shared the pictures.

I'm a Wessex fan as well, and I find the ideas on other threads, that the Wessexes will be "downgraded" so that the main line of the family only will be important--not a good idea.

I don't think they will be downgraded but it just a natural progression. Edward will go from being the monarchs son to the monarchs brother to the monarchs uncle. The focus will be on Charles and his sons and then on William and his family. Edward and Sophie will continue to do their charity work but people will pay even less attention than they do now. It is perfectly natural and happens with each generational change in the royal family.

I agree, NGalitzine. It's very much natural and I think Edward & Sophie knows this and accepts it.

I think Edward will probably welcome this, whereas Sophie will have a difficult time dealing with it. I adore Sophie and I am a big campaigner of her, but I also think that having been the Queen's number 1 lady for many years, and having the close bond with the Queen, and now having to watch her attend things with Camilla and Catherine probably deep down bothers Sophie. She obviously knows her position in the line up - she's the wife of the youngest son of the Monarch, but she must also feel a bit ousted with Catherine's arrival and position. Of course Sophie likes Catherine; their friendship is obvious in the times we saw them together at the Olympic's/Paralympic's. I just think that perhaps Sophie will find it difficult to be sidelined once Charles becomes King and so on, considering she has been a favourite of the Queen for so long.

I am not saying this to be mean about Sophie, or disregard any of the good work she does for her charities and patronages; I just feel that Sophie likes the limelight and press attention when she receives it. She was a PR professional, she knows how it works.

I totally understand what you are saying, Molly2101. I just think the Wessex's understand how things work within the 'Firm' and pretty much expected this kind of stuff to happen at some point.

I think Sophie completely understand the roles Camilla and Catherine have to carry out and she's most likely proud of their progress, especially Catherine's. She just joined the royal family and performing her royal engagements with a great deal of professionalism and grace. Then again, Sophie still get a chance to do a great deal with The Queen much more than Camilla and Catherine. Sophie and even Edward is the ones usually seen with The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh at official engagements at Buckingham Palace, Windsor, Balmoral and Sandringham.

I think Edward will probably welcome this, whereas Sophie will have a difficult time dealing with it. I adore Sophie and I am a big campaigner of her, but I also think that having been the Queen's number 1 lady for many years, and having the close bond with the Queen, and now having to watch her attend things with Camilla and Catherine probably deep down bothers Sophie. She obviously knows her position in the line up - she's the wife of the youngest son of the Monarch, but she must also feel a bit ousted with Catherine's arrival and position. Of course Sophie likes Catherine; their friendship is obvious in the times we saw them together at the Olympic's/Paralympic's. I just think that perhaps Sophie will find it difficult to be sidelined once Charles becomes King and so on, considering she has been a favourite of the Queen for so long.

I am not saying this to be mean about Sophie, or disregard any of the good work she does for her charities and patronages; I just feel that Sophie likes the limelight and press attention when she receives it. She was a PR professional, she knows how it works.
Molly I totally understand and feel you!
I don't think they will be put aside, they will continue the work they do.
But it will be out of a spotlight... Unfortunately for us... I only hope Charles know how amazing job they do, and won't put them aside... They are amazing asset to Royal family, and Queen knows it. I am more afraid what will happen, when Queen no longer be there for Sophie.

I think the Wessexes are in the best possible situation. They are full time royals now and wiill gradually move out of the spotlight. By the time their children are grown they will be able to only take on the royal duties they want (with the patronages they care about most) and transition toward retirement. Charles, Camilla, William and Kate will never be allowed to retire. The Wessexes will be able to travel or do whatever they want during their retirement.

The Wessexes are like the Kents and Gloucesters before them. The first title holder in the modern creations of these titles were the younger sons of the monarch and they worked for their father, brother, neice until they died (KIA in the case of the Duke of Kent).

The big difference is that the Wessexes have children who will not have to work for the Firm but, like the York girls, will have to get their own jobs and support themselves only appearing on the really big occasions sometimes.

Great photo thanks Anna hope we get more pics... I know you prvoide if and when ... you're amazing to keep the thread full of as many photos of her as we can get ....

I am trying, so far nothing more, but there is slight chance there will be more, I was hoping royal navy will do a post, anyway I keep searching.
And I really hope Haven will share one pic from reception, but they don't want to cooperate for now :lol:

I found 4 more pics from visit to school Countess did few days ago.
There are also pics from visit to Hotter back in 2012
pixonline
Ok, direct link doesn't work, so just write in search wessex and you will see 10 images of Sophie, if you click on them they will open bigger.

Last edited:
I didnt realise Sophies hair was that long it suits her :)

I like her hair longer, but I also really liked it when it was shoulder length. It is nice that she wears it up a lot more now though. Thanks for the image Anna. :D

The little kids were excited to see the "Princess", how cute!

Love the pics of Sophie with the children and eldery! How precious is she cuddling that baby? William and Kate's baby is going to be so lucky to have an Aunt Sophie....Love the pic of her chatting to the old lady in the hospital bed. I know what it is like to be stuck for days on end in the hospital..... boring and lonely. If I had had someone like Sophie come to visit me, I would have been thrilled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom