The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

William has talked about this sort of thing before. He's royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, a charity with close ties to his mother.

A speech William gave last year:

Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

Old 08-27-2016, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

He wrote about it too when he took over the patronage in 2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bes-grief.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 08-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William and Princess Kate are starting a conversation about mental health – and in so doing, they're opening up in ways royals of previous generations never have.

Speaking out with increasing regularity about the stresses they share with other parents, they are taking on long-standing taboos about seeking help.

"Traditionally, royalty has had a stiff upper lip. But these two – and Prince Harry – are anything but traditional. William has often gone out on a limb," says longtime royals author Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine. "He is following Diana – and that is further proof of her legacy."
Read more: Prince William and Kate Middleton Fight 'Mental Health Taboos : People.com
Old 08-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I do think that the ability to be openly candid about things they've experienced and had to deal with is a very positive aspect for William, Kate and Harry especially with dealing with mental issues in their various shapes and forms with their causes.

It definitely is more meaningful when talking to someone that is relating the challenges they've had to face to know that someone else out there can say "me too" and share with them on the same level. It signifies too that these kind of issues can happen to anyone from any walk of life.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Not a lot of people with big public profiles would be willing to share such personal things with complete strangers. William and his wife are truly two in a millionaire n. They care, they want to help and they're not afraid to leave pieces of themselves with those that are in need of kindness and compassion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I do think that the ability to be openly candid about things they've experienced and had to deal with is a very positive aspect for William, Kate and Harry especially with dealing with mental issues in their various shapes and forms with their causes.
It definitely is more meaningful when talking to someone that is relating the challenges they've had to face to know that someone else out there can say "me too" and share with them on the same level. It signifies too that these kind of issues can happen to anyone from any walk of life.
Well said Daria. Couldn't have said it better myself. But one thing I wish I could say to His Royal Highness bless his heart. Don't worry about crying in public. Don't change. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and leave big pieces with people.I love you for it. Wouldn't want you any other way If you weren't emotional, I'd think something was wrong. You are truly one in a million, and I have to stop myself there. But I hate reading comments in the DM that say wimp and disinterested in people when I know it to be so far from the truth. But Thank God, you don't let it stop you. You know Daria sadly you're right I only know of one other person currently in public life who even comes close to Will and Kate. Stopping myself again. God bless them both for all they do.
Osipi- Thank God I have both parents, but you're right if I had, I would think knowing that I shared the experience with someone like William would be a comfort.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Well said Daria. Couldn't have said it better myself. But one thing I wish I could say to His Royal Highness bless his heart. Don't worry about crying in public. Don't change. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and leave big pieces with people.I love you for it. Wouldn't want you any other way If you weren't emotional, I'd think something was wrong. You are truly one in a million, and I have to stop myself there. But I hate reading comments in the DM that say wimp and disinterested in people when I know it to be so far from the truth. But Thank God, you don't let it stop you. You know Daria sadly you're right I only know of one other person currently in public life who even comes close to Will and Kate. Stopping myself again. God bless them both for all they do.

Osipi- Thank God I have both parents, but you're right if I had, I would think knowing that I shared the experience with someone like William would be a comfort.
Anyone who calls another person 'a whimp' for sharing something personal and for looking human is a low-life. It's why I don't read comments on the DM site. Like you, I love how open William is. He knows when it's appropriate to kick royal protocol to the curb. I think it's a big reason why so many people respect, love and admire him. I don't respect, love and admire him for being a royal, but for being the person that he is and for how he conducts himself around others. He supports a charity that deals with children trying to overcome and accept loss. I don't know anyone that would be able to go to their events and not break into tears. Heck, I've never lost a parent, but I would be in tears after hearing just one family's story. I don't think anyone could make William stop being g exactly how he is and like you, I couldn't be happier about that. He's one amazing human being.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Anyone who calls another person 'a whimp' for sharing something personal and for looking human is a low-life. It's why I don't read comments on the DM site. Like you, I love how open William is. He knows when it's appropriate to kick royal protocol to the curb. I think it's a big reason why so many people respect, love and admire him. I don't respect, love and admire him for being a royal, but for being the person that he is and for how he conducts himself around others. He supports a charity that deals with children trying to overcome and accept loss. I don't know anyone that would be able to go to their events and not break into tears. Heck, I've never lost a parent, but I would be in tears after hearing just one family's story. I don't think anyone could make William stop being g exactly how he is and like you, I couldn't be happier about that. He's one amazing human being.

Exactly the same here, for exactly the same reasons.because well, you know let's just say it's William. I too admire how he kicks protocol to the curb because I think otherwise a lot of people would be a lot worse off. And I don't know how else to say it but Iv'e never admired him solely for being Royal.And stop myself there. And speaking of stopping myself, did I say anything that I shouldn't have in my last post - because I thought about editing my post. I had one thought that was all right to be made public- one shouldn't be shared. And it took a while to remember what could be shared. But I checked and everything looked fine- not hitting the edit button!
And I'd like to see those low life's go volunteer at such a place. And lead a public life. I'm impressed William showed up. So admire him. Stop myself there. Maybe you've got the right idea not reading comments !
Y'know Siegfried volunteered at a similar place...
Old 08-29-2016, 07:04 AM
Serene Highness

Interestingly their recent visit to the teen crisis helpline was meant to stay private until after it was over.... some say to prevent an influx of calls trying to get through to W&K, others say because their PR people were going to make their own film of the visit, nudging out the usual media.

We’re Just Like You: Kate And William’s Middle Class Masterclass - The Daily Beast

Either way royal PR staff making their own videos of the visit seems a new approach
Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

New in the age of social media. It's only recently royals have the technology to make their own videos.

We saw it with the Queen and Prince Harry, we saw it with Catherine visiting the 1851 Trust.

Social media is used by Presidents and Popes, King and Queens. It's here to stay.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I find is an absolute asset is that with putting things out there with their own PR staff or even making their own videos and taking their own photographs is that it goes directly to the public without the middle man of the media being able to put their own "slant" on things. Especially these days with the tabloid reporters constantly dreaming up innuendos and putting words and actions into things that just aren't there.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

IMO its fine for royals to release their own videos/photographs etc but not to go so far as to excluding the media entirely.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

And they clearly didn't exclude anyone; ITN Source was there, and watching the footage, there were photographers.

https://source-news.s3.amazonaws.com...BnZF7DiFenU%3D
Old 08-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The photos in the Daily Mail article have watermarks from Getty Images, The Press Association, The Associated Press and South West News Service.

Seems the event was well covered by the press.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

OK, I am officially unhappy that somehow the press chooses the Cambridges as unable to be like the rest of us, like that were their decision. Worrying about children is a leveler. Admitting that being a rescue pilot can get a bit heavy is a leveler. Looking people in the eye is a leveler.

Just because they are related to the Queen does not mean that everything comes easily to them. The money, home, food and stature are the "comes easily" bit. But anyone who has ever read a well-researched bio of any famous person knows that EVERYONE is challenged by life. While most of us can overcome most of our hurdles, most of us also struggle with persistent issues.

I firmly believe that Wills knows his demons and is facing them with his work. Kate helps with that, and I am sure that she has her baggage as well. She just hides it better.

And frankly, I don't think the media has any rights at all to that process of moving on. Not in our lives and not in theirs.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Every place the Cambridges go, if known, becomes a circus, a nuisance to the local law enforcement w/ crowd control and perhaps a burden on the charity/venue visited having to field phone calls & the like. To keep quiet about the visit until after the fact avoids the large circus for a smaller, more manageable side show, IMO.
I do like the thought that by direct marketing the Cambridge PR machine is getting some of the gutter press'es clicks, tho'.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 AM
Nobility

Sorry to be a cynic about the PR team but... That's spin. I would much rather a fair, unbiased Fifth Estate reporting on any politician, royal or celebrity than whatever spin the paid PR team are putting on the activities of public figures.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Courtier

This guy is one of their "official" photographers:
https://www.instagram.com/chrisjacksongetty/
Old 08-31-2016, 01:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
William has talked about this sort of thing before. He's royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, a charity with close ties to his mother.

A speech William gave last year:

Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online
Yes, he has made a number of speeches on the topic and citing his own loss. I meant to personally share his loss and grief with a present day young lad of the same age group going through the same thing. It's a very personal thing to do.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

LIVE: Follow the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their visit to Cornwall | Plymouth Herald
Old 09-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Cornwall | Daily Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duke of cambridge