Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia

Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part 7

Commencing September 11, 2016

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
oh gosh, poor man! I hope he didn't hurt himself!

Prince William today called for adults to encourage children to “talk and get support” if they are feeling down as he spoke about his and Kate’s own hopes for their son and daughter.

The Duke of Cambridge said he and the Duchess want George, three, and his one-year-old sister Charlotte not only to achieve their academic potential but feel emotionally supported too.

In a blog published today before a visit to a secondary school in Essex, at the start of the new term, William said: “For many young people, changing schools or starting a new academic year is really difficult to deal with.

“Catherine and I have young children who will be going through this themselves in a short period of time, and like all parents we will want to make sure that our children are not just able to achieve their academic potential at school but are also happy and emotionally supported.”
Read more: Prince William's hopes for his children George and Princess Charlotte | London Evening Standard

What was Kate doing with her hands? I first thought there was some kind of game going on. lol

I think the Cambridges (and Prince Harry) are doing great work with the Heads Together campaign. It's good that they are attempting to spread awareness of the stigma when it comes to sharing mental health problems/low feelings, as (from personal experience) I know that not everyone here in England seem to share William and Catherine's views when it comes to talking to someone trustworthy about any problems one may have/some feelings one is concerned about - especially in school.

It was also nice to see the photos of William and Catherine with the pupils; and to read their experiences at talking with them. I think they are rather caring and considerate people, and Catherine, to me, has always been good with children and young people. From all the photos I've seen of her with them, I get the impression that it's not difficult for her to get them talking in a way where they feel relaxed and less pressurised.
And I hope that the Vice Lord Lieutenant didn't have any painful or nasty injuries from his fall.

Last edited:
Some great quotes from the Heads Together event, plus praise for Catherine for being a very knowledgable Royal Patron of Place2Be

Dr. Fiona Pienaar, director of clinical services at Place2Be, praised Kate for being so "knowledgeable" about mental health and helping bring conversations about the issue into the mainstream.

"Catherine has been an absolutely fantastic patron, and since the Heads Together campaign has come together, that has really raised the profile even more for mental health," she tells PEOPLE.

"Having met Catherine on a couple of occasions, she's so knowledgeable about mental health and they are really passionate. I have been in situations where she's in a small group asking questions, and it's clear that she understands the impact of mental health and early intervention.

"The other thing she does really well, and I think they both do, is how they talk to young people. They share their experiences, and I think that shows how they really connect with young people. I imagine having their own children has also brought issues to the fore for them."
Read more: Kate Middleton Gives Advice to 15-Year-Old Girl : People.com

Last edited:
A BOURNEMOUTH teenager has welcomed royal approval for a pioneering mental health project which supported her through a tough period in her life.

Suzie Duffy, 18, who lives in Southbourne, was one of a handful of volunteers who met Prince William and Kate Middleton earlier this month.

The royal couple were in Cornwall to look at the work of the Wave Project, which uses surfing to reduce anxiety and improve wellbeing in children.

They met children from the surf therapy charity and their mentors, watched them take part in surfing and lifesaving activities and met volunteers, staff and supporters.

One of the surf-mentors to meet the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge was Suzie, who won the Young Volunteer Award at last year's UK Surf Awards for her work with the charity.

She joined the Wave Project as a client in Bournemouth before becoming a volunteer.

“I was in a mental health hospital for eight months suffering from depression and anxiety and OCD," said Suzie.
Read more: The Wave Project really helped my anxiety - I'm so glad William and Kate are supporting it (From Bournemouth Echo)

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Manchester on 14 October in a day that celebrates the city's heritage and people.

The Duke and Duchess will visit @FrancisHouseCH to mark the 25th anniversary of the hospice on 14 October.

The Duke and Duchess will see Manchester's pioneering scientific, engineering and education facilities @UoMGraphene on 14 October

At Manchester Town Hall, The Duke and Duchess will honour Greater Manchester's WW1 Victoria Cross recipients @mancitycouncil

The Duke and Duchess will hear about football culture and meet the best and brightest young mancunians @footballmuseum.

While in Manchester TRH will visit Francis House which was opened by The Princess of Wales in 1991

Welcome to Francis House - Francis House

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit The University of Manchester

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to visit National Football Museum

Last edited:
Keeping the working schedule going is what I like to hear.

Have to say it is great to see both the Cambridges carrying out a flurry of engagements in quick succession over the past week (as I carried out my normal early morning call 9-5ish, Friday's always the hectic one!)
I only hope they don't think they can hibernate now until it's time for the Christmas photo opp! ..... Charlotte willing of course!

Prince William broke his own 'no selfie' rule and posed for a photo with a 16-year-old girl who is recovering from a bone marrow transplant.

Rachel Simpson joked with the Prince that she shared the same ginger hair colour as his brother, Harry, as she told him about her long recovery outside Manchester Town Hall.

She said: “It was incredible, he was so lovely.

“He told me he doesn’t normally pose for pictures or selfies but he would break his rule for me.

“He was asking about how my surgery went and how the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital was and I told him how amazing it is there and how lovely all the nurses are.”
Watch: Prince William breaks his no-selfies rule to pose with 'very brave' teenager - Manchester Evening News

Have to say it is great to see both the Cambridges carrying out a flurry of engagements in quick succession over the past week (as I carried out my normal early morning call 9-5ish, Friday's always the hectic one!)
I only hope they don't think they can hibernate now until it's time for the Christmas photo opp! ..... Charlotte willing of course!
They have event on the 18th, rememberence stuff is coming up in november. William has a few day trip in Vietnam in november as well.

Plus there Remembrance Day and a State Visit coming up. We have seen this pattern before where there is a busy week and then goes back to Norfolk for the air ambulance.

Also when Harry is on tour in the Caribbean, the Cambridges won't be seen that much if at all just like Harry wasn't seen during the Cambridge's trip to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom