Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 1: April 29-November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I like David Starkey, but will we actually learn anything new here? He'll certainly be lending an air of gravitas to this documentary.

Last edited:
Raise your hand if your gonna watch anyway? :ROFLMAO:
LoL JK
I agree that I doubt there will be anything new about them in this documentary. I generally like David Starkey though like all historians, you find some things to disagree with them about.
EDIT
Watching the video now. It has little to do with William and Kate and instead is comparing them to past English couples who where the aristocratic/royal man marries an unaristocratic girl. I must admit one good thing about the wedding being over is I don't have to hear anymore about the freakin British class system. Starkey compares William and Kate to Henry and Anne Boleyn! :rolls eyes:

Last edited:
XeniaCasaraghi said:
Starkey compares William and Kate to Henry and Anne Boleyn! :rolls eyes:

Oh dear! If I remember right that didn't end well for Anne..... :rolls eyes: hope Kate fairs better! ;)

I think that's the last couple I'd want to be compared to, given what happened to poor Anne!:ohmy:

Yep, the only good thing that came out of that marriage was the great Elizabeth I.:tudorrose:

Yep, the only good thing that came out of that marriage was the great Elizabeth I.:tudorrose:

Precisely - practically the son he always wanted, only in a woman's body.

On a side note and offtopic, what I have wondered sometimes: would Henry have been proud of her? Or would he not have been able to look past her sex?

No doubt Henry would have recognized that Elizabeth was a chip off the old block with his hair, temperament, intellect and political acumen. Whether he'd be delighted that she was the reigning queen of England and the Tudor dynasty died out with her might be a good topic for another thread.

Last edited:
The entire documentary just irritated the heck out of me; Starkey picks and chooses what he wants to address about subjects, ignoring the whole story. He even blames England's continuation of royals marrying for dynastic purposes on the Hanovers. Either he is losing his touch or someone forced him to do this special; I hope it's the latter.

The entire documentary just irritated the heck out of me; Starkey picks and chooses what he wants to address about subjects, ignoring the whole story. He even blames England's continuation of royals marrying for dynastic purposes on the Hanovers. Either he is losing his touch or someone forced him to do this special; I hope it's the latter.

I believe that royals were marrying for dynastic purposes well before the Hanovers (and well after them too). It wasn't just in England, but all over Europe and world for that matter. I don't know why this guy is making a big deal out of something that is a part of history.

From skynews website: Kate was spotted at the National Gallery on wednesday and at Marlborough College last thursday.

Princess Cathrine is very beautiful, but there is a question 'why do the couple do not walk arm in arm or hand in hand as other couples? (Victoria of Sweden and Daniel, Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium, Frederic and Mary of Denmark

Princess Cathrine is very beautiful, but there is a question 'why do the couple do not walk arm in arm or hand in hand as other couples? (Victoria of Sweden and Daniel, Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium, Frederic and Mary of Denmark

Because the British Royal Family is not so much about public display of affection as other Royal Families might be/are.
The British are much more reserved.

Oh, and P.S.: she is a Duchess, not a Princess :flowers:

Last edited:
It's good of them to support charities Like william's mother ,princess di since they've opened a cancer charity and it really was different for the bride to donate her dress to charity unlike others whose dresses have gone into storage then soon after to a museaum

Have I missed something? Kate donated her gown?

Has her dress been donated to a charity. I know it was exhibited at Buck House this summer but assumed it would go into storage until some future exhibit was done for an anniversary or the like.

:previous:Thanks for the article, Rosapru. One can certainly say that both Will and Kate are in marvelous physical condition and work to keep that way, although by the look on their faces you can only wonder if they realized they were being photographed or were just caught at a serious moment. But I don't see why it's so amazing that the couple is so comfortable with each other that they should go to a gym together, as the article says. They're married, they should hopefully be at ease in their relationship and want to do activities with each other if they share common interests and wish to spend time together. And Pippa looks almost a dead ringer for her sister in that first photo at the Boodles Ball with the similarity of hairstyle, body type and dress. And regarding Richard Eden's quote about her ring, it sounds like the Middletons had their family crest well in advance of the wedding if Pippa has been wearing this signet ring for some time now and inquiries were made back in 2007. Talk about forethought! The detail of the ring is fuzzy, though, so I can't tell what the insignia is.

Last edited:
dont you think its sad that even in their private time they are being followed

dont you think its sad that even in their private time they are being followed

I agree.

I have always maintained that unless they are on official duties it should be illegal to publish anything about what they are doing.

While I think that they have to put up with everything that is outside in public places or streets, these photos are very stalking-ish and intrusive and would be a reason to complain.

I have to agree. I would hate my gym workout to be photographed. This is where gym management really need to step in and take control of loitering photographers.

This is where gym management really need to step in and take control of loitering photographers.

I'd think they could only do that if the photographers came on to their property, though.

Duke of Marmalade said:
While I think that they have to put up with everything that is outside in public places or streets, these photos are very stalking-ish and intrusive and would be a reason to complain.

I agree these photos are a bit stalkerish but overall I think they'd call more attention by complaining and best to just let it pass....online I haven't seen the photo anywhere but the link provided here so maybe plp/bloggers aren't aware if it- yet.....

Which brings us back to Catherine in the Hairdresser's window seat. No one but she could have chosen that seat.

I am sure more privacy would have been offered by the Salon and I am sure that her Protection Squad were less than enthused. However, she chose to sit, on public display, in the window, wearing hair curlers, by her own choice!

Catherine set the tone for the paparazzi and the public, so why then are we now wondering at the wisdom of photographers taking snaps of them merely "leaving" a gym. Sorry! It looks very much like that ship has sailed and she "Christened" it!

i dont fully agree maybe her hairdresser likes the free advertising of having her as a client (this is just a what if question)..who knows if they said to kate this seat by the window is all that we have left..all we dont see behind the scenes - just finish product
in any case if publishers would refuse to buy the pics then all of this would stop..imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom