The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Casual and relaxed (and I love the color/style of Catherine's sweater). It's cute that they're kinda matching too .

And can I just add that William looks quite handsome and even more intelligent in glasses? He has that sophisticated air of a university professor. It suits him.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Well done! Are they at Balmoral?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

The caption said they were strolling through Holyrood Park
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Great photos, Ghost night! Prince William wears glasses? And I love that deep shade of purple on Kate; she needs to wear those jewel colors more often. And, of course, the handholding; so nice to see the affection between the two.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice photos, but I have to say Kate must be thin as a rail in person.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

And what's scary is that the camera adds pounds to your figure, so she's got to be really extremely thin.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Nobility

She is no thinner than any top model and still shows a normal size breast. Lucky her!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

She was also spotted at the grocery store. I posted the picture in the Duchess' current events thread
Old 08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
Is it already chilly in Scotland that they are both in sweaters?
Old 08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Courtier

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in Holyrood Park | The Royalty Chronicles
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Aristocracy

Pictures #1 and #2: Kate's face shows signs of premature aging
Old 08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Well, I never thought grocery shopping would hold so much fascination for me! The Tesco looks like the U.K. version of Costco here in the States.
I was wondering why it looked so familiar .

Here are bigger pictures that were taken when William and Catherine were walking in Scotland.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Just posted those on another thread. No matter.

When I looked closer at these pictures, I noticed how tired they both appear. Catherine more than William. I think the next couple of months off will do them both a world of wonders.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books
Awww, I love that William and Harry read a joint excerpt from the nursery tale at the wedding. I wonder if that was Harry's idea.
Since it was a fav of the brides, the Velveteen Rabbit (sorry I spelt wrong), and her wedding I assume it was Zara's idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

When I looked closer at these pictures, I noticed how tired they both appear. Catherine more than William.
Possibly because these were taken morning after Zara's all night reception too....
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting that William is in the military and flying helicopters with eyesight that needs correction.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I was wondering why it looked so familiar .

Here are bigger pictures that were taken when William and Catherine were walking in Scotland.

Surprised to see William with glasses (because of him being a pilot).
They look good on him though.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Interesting that William is in the military and flying helicopters with eyesight that needs correction.

I know that in the US Air Force you can be 20/50 uncorrected and just required to wear your glasses (giving you 20/20) every time you fly. So perhaps William's eyesight is not bad enough to disqualify him in that respect. Though then we would expect to see him with glasses in every picture of him as a pilot, and I don't know if we have. Also, I was under the impression that it was more colour-blindness that was an ultimate disqualification...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
If there was a real problem, I doubt William would be permitted to fly. It would put him, his co-workers and the public at risk, something nobody wants.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
There is no disqualification in the UK military for not having perfect eyesight. Entry to the RAF from civilian life one needs to pass an eyetest, but if you transfer from another branch of the military to the RAF (as William did, from the army) there is no requirement for perfect eyesight. The RAF even have regulation glasses that the pilots must wear (William has been photographed in them, standard aviator type glasses).
Old 08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Commoner

Those pictures of them walking in the park are darling. Sadly they were probably photographed against their will. William looks quite annoyed.

I actually think Kate's gained a bit of weight since her tiniest days. Her face certainly looks a bit fuller to me. And she looks healthy for sure. Besides, putting so much emphasis on her weight is just silly and insensitive given what happened to Diana. She and William look happy. Let us leave it at that.

Closed Thread