Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy to hear that Meghan will be visiting the Royal Variety residential care home. I imagine she'll be regaled with quite a few interesting stories about how performances were done "back in the day". :D

Meghan's starry photobooth shot with Clare Waight Keller and Rosamund Pike is REMOVED from the British Fashion Council’s Instagram account

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...tish-Fashion-Councils-Instagram.html#comments

I think Meghan still has to understand that royals are more than just famous people.

Meghan knows what’s she’s allowed to do and not allowed to do. She’s surrounded by her aides. Most likely it was removed to other reasons, not because she wasn’t allowed to take the photo booth picture.

Meghan's starry photobooth shot with Clare Waight Keller and Rosamund Pike is REMOVED from the British Fashion Council’s Instagram account

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...tish-Fashion-Councils-Instagram.html#comments

I think Meghan still has to understand that royals are more than just famous people.

It's an adjustment period for her, definitely. But she seems to be treating this like a learning period and that's okay. It wasn't even that big of a mistake and these are bound to happen, especially since she's started working right after the wedding.

Though it truly is funny to me how some people don't understand how the Internet works these days - removing it from the official account doesn't do anything other than bring more attention to it and you can easily find it online.

Meghan knows what’s she’s allowed to do and not allowed to do. She’s surrounded by her aides. Most likely it was removed to other reasons, not because she wasn’t allowed to take the photo booth picture.

Precisely.

Although it sure did illustrate just how stunning she is from every angle ?

Another engagement today per Gert's Royal.

Follow @Gertsroyals

CC Wednesday: The Duchess of Sussex today received Mr Rufus Norris (Artistic Director, the National Theatre).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an explanation offered to take down Meghan's selfie at the fashion council

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...stagram-selfie-british-fashion-awards-spt/amp

Companies were exploiting Meghan's image and the image drew snide remarks (what else is new?). In some quarters Hollywood equals trash. The meet with the artistic director of the Royal National Theater is to show Meghan will support the performing arts in the traditional royal way.

Here's an explanation offered to take down Meghan's selfie at the fashion council

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...stagram-selfie-british-fashion-awards-spt/amp

Companies were exploiting Meghan's image and the image drew snide remarks (what else is new?). In some quarters Hollywood equals trash. The meet with the artistic director of the Royal National Theater is to show Meghan will support the performing arts in the traditional royal way.

Thank you for the link.
It is good to know that the Sponsored Hashtags attached to the photo was the reason for the photo's removal.

I wouldn't expect them to get face time. She wasn't there to mingle but to present to her friend her award. That was it. That kind of stuff isn't unusual. People will arrive mid show, present, and then immediately leave. This probably was the case for Meghan.

Several posts have been moved to the General News thread, which is currently closed. Please post only about Current Events in this thread. Thank you.

Thank you for posting the photos, Iceflower. A nice selection. Meghan looks cheerful, happy, engaged, at least when arriving! I bet she will enjoy listening to tales of stage performances and past fun times related by the residents of the home over a cup of tea.

Lovely as Always, it cheers me up after all the bad press she had recently !

Yes, congratulations to HRH and The Ladies of the Hubb Community Kitchen. The media need to get back to reporting on the success of the cookbook.

It’s so good to see HRH at the Royal Variety Charity nursing home. She looked happy and everyone looked happy to have her visit. There’s nothing like singing Christmas Carols. I hope Meghan go back to visit in the future.

Last edited:
@emynash The Duchess - who once worked in Argentina - also spoke in fluent Spanish to one resident at the home #duchessofsussex

That was a nice touch.

I knew Meghan speaks conversational Spanish. Good to see she still remembers it. I wonder how her French is now?

Anyways, another interesting tidbit from Emily Nash about this visit.

Emily Nash

Verified account

@emynash
Following Following @emynash
More
Meghan's decided to visit the @RoyalVariety's Brinsworth House after seeing footage of it at the end of this year's show. She told Chairman @GilesCooper she used to visit a similar home for retired actors in LA and "it brought feelings of being amonst your own", he said.

Lining up another take over patronage, I don’t mean that in a bad why either, this is exactly how it should be done. Patronage’s that suit the individuals skills and potential past work. We’ve seen Catherine with the art world do this.

Thanks ACO and Dman - I enjoyed watching the clips; seems like it was a very happy visit. Love it.

What a perfect Engagement for the Duchess!! W/her background as an Actress, she knows what many of the Residents did in their Careers & can truly relate to them. Also chatting w/them over various things in the Industry was easier than trying to make the usual small talk at Events like this. [emoji4]. Meghan is also just sparkling here & looking very happy. Just a great event all round & thanks to all for the Videos. [emoji4]

Lovely to see Meghan looking so happy. I agree --this patronage is a good fit for her and she probably felt right at home talking to the residents. I quite like the dress from the front but from the back shots it looks incredibly tight.
I hope London gets a nice dusting of snow to add to that christmassy festive feeling.

@emynash The Duchess - who once worked in Argentina - also spoke in fluent Spanish to one resident at the home #duchessofsussex

That was a nice touch.

i didn't know that meghan spoke spanish! hoping we will get to hear her at some point.

It seems that the visit to The Royal Variety Charity nursing home and care home was a good time had by all. I would imagine that the residents, with being part of the entertainment industry themselves, took Meghan in as one of their own and enjoyed relating bits and pieces of their own careers with her knowing Meghan would understand where they were coming from.

Meghan speaking conversational Spanish and being able to converse with one of the residents is an example of a past part of Meghan's life surfacing and giving her that extra edge when it was needed.

All in all, a very successful engagement for Meghan. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom